www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   fitness first (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/fitness-first-3407263.html)

ragamuffin 19-09-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 59720027)
Treadmills have audio jack. Weights machine no. Bikes don't have I think.

Classes are generally busy/full and look intense from the outside. They must be doing something right if the crowd keeps coming. Though this will probably vary depending on the branch you use.

oh i see... do the step machines have audio jack?

i actually went for one trial class, really is packed. but u have a pt, they must be doing sth right to keep the crowd coming.

thanks for ur reply!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inflicter (Post 59720473)
Hahaha heng my one doesnt have those auntie uncle working out at the weights section, if have all will be found at the yoga / other grp exercises :)

Anyway which branch do u work out at?

I've attended their RPM classes, quite alright, gives you the motivation to cycle through one hour without feeling bored if you were to do it alone. Gonna try out Bodycombat and Bodypump soon though :>

Actually pardon me for asking this noob question.. but where is the audio jack on the threadmill located at? =x

Yeah unless you go for the really early morning classes, then not so packed. I guess most people go gyms like FF also for the classes, that's why so crowded. Certain classes dominated by females, sometimes see liao also dont feel like entering tsk

is the RPM also called spinning? too bad not every branch has this class. just pure cycling? i tried the bodycombat for my trial, quite fun eh, i like that class.

cowed77 19-09-2011 09:00 PM

Squats and deadlifts superset just feels like a big nono to me.

gkhchay 19-09-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowed77 (Post 59720907)

I tried it & believe me, it's a killer...:s22:

Inflicter 19-09-2011 09:29 PM

Yup it's just pure cycling.. Unless you want to count the stretching/cooldown at the end lol

vurtomatic 19-09-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowed77 (Post 59720907)

Generally I wouldn't do it but this program I'm on has it so :s8: No harm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkhchay (Post 59721650)
I tried it & believe me, it's a killer...:s22:

Quite shiok the feeling :s13: Puts me in a no-nonsense mood though. :o

cowed77 19-09-2011 10:28 PM

Haha post the template of ur program!

vurtomatic 19-09-2011 10:49 PM

Hypetrophy 1 from New Rules of Lifting

A
Workout 1: 5x5, rest 90s; Workout 2: 3x15, rest 30s; Workout 3: 4x10, rest 60s. Repeat for 6 workouts.

Superset with full rest
DB incline bench press
Cable Seated Row

Superset with full rest
DB shoulder press
Wide-grip lat pulldown

Superset with full rest
Barbell close-grip bench press
High pull

Swiss ball crunch, 3x15, rest 60s

B
Workout 1: 4x10, rest 60s; Workout 2: 5x5, rest 90s, Workout 3: 3x15, rest 30s. Repeat for 6 workouts.

Superset with full rest
Squat
Deadlift shrug

Superset with full rest
Bulgarian split squat
Step-up

Reverse crunch, 3x15, rest 60s

Cashcow 19-09-2011 11:26 PM

It is a SATKI gym.

Spartanz. 19-09-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkhchay (Post 59714616)
no banging of plates, grunting etc............... is not a real hardcore gym.

Anyway, Aldrin's gym is gonna open soon & it'll be totally hardcore with sledgehammers, some tyres, prowlers, sledges, power racks & of course enough free weights for everyone.:D

Errr ubi so far........ His place alreay got gym wad lol

irvine83 19-09-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkhchay (Post 59714616)
no banging of plates, grunting etc............... is not a real hardcore gym.

Anyway, Aldrin's gym is gonna open soon & it'll be totally hardcore with sledgehammers, some tyres, prowlers, sledges, power racks & of course enough free weights for everyone.:D

The new gym @ Ubi actually belong to Aspiring Goals Functional Training Centre, Ziklag fitness is co-sharing the place
Aldrin say that the new gym will be a playground for his staff (conduct bootcamp training)
Aldrin's current gym will still be used for personal training, more privacy.

Carl just conducted a bootcamp training on Sunday. 18-Sep
We had 4 people rotating around 6 station and was not restricted by the space there.
Size of new gym according to Aldrin = Current gym + torture chamber (massage room) + 30% more

There's a bathroom to shower in the new gym.
Offical opening heard is on 1st Oct

gkhchay 20-09-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartanz. (Post 59725202)
Errr ubi so far........ His place alreay got gym wad lol

Lots of clients & his place is too cramped now... Anyway Aldrin may take in members who aren't his clients..

Inflicter 20-09-2011 09:03 PM

Wah sian Tampines FF the shower cubicles got those kind of toilet / drain flies..? 1mm or so in length, brownish colour. Anyone else experiences that too? :<

ft7001 20-09-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inflicter (Post 59749452)
Wah sian Tampines FF the shower cubicles got those kind of toilet / drain flies..? 1mm or so in length, brownish colour. Anyone else experiences that too? :<

Dun worry. Paragon has those flies too.

Inflicter 20-09-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ft7001 (Post 59750623)
Dun worry. Paragon has those flies too.

See liao damn gao wei.. Today morning see one dead 'pool' of flies, some still alive at the indented tile for u to put ur soap or w/e, was like 20-30 of them. Splashed some water on them to wash all their bodies away.

I think now I know why some people prefer to go shower naked already, so after shower dont need to try to flick those flies off their clothing

monk.. 20-09-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inflicter (Post 59749452)

you can complain at the recept and they will look into it.