www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   fitness first (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/fitness-first-3407263.html)

jeffprobst 15-11-2018 08:55 PM

I just changed my gym membership to Fitness First. I realised one annoying thing about the member is that they dun really like to share machine, even when they are resting.

Have encountered two case of the such member. Don't understand why they dun want to share, especially, when they are resting. Somemore when they resting, they just stick their butt at the machine and using their phone.

mrashford86 16-11-2018 10:22 AM

Think that’s same in all gyms mate - people don’t wanna share

jeffprobst 16-11-2018 04:35 PM

Not really. I was previously at true fitness, the people more zhi don't if not using or resting, they will share.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrashford86 (Post 117623692)
Think that’s same in all gyms mate - people don’t wanna share

isaax84 17-12-2018 10:57 AM

no people many many one

can anyone share the less crowded FF gyms in the evenings around 6pm? or wkends?

THanks ! =p

yamashita 23-12-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffprobst (Post 117616299)
I just changed my gym membership to Fitness First. I realised one annoying thing about the member is that they dun really like to share machine, even when they are resting.

Have encountered two case of the such member. Don't understand why they dun want to share, especially, when they are resting. Somemore when they resting, they just stick their butt at the machine and using their phone.

Encountered similar experience as well. Just let the member know you want to use the machine, some of them have poor situational awareness, not knowing someone is waiting to use the machine as well.

galapogos 25-12-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffprobst (Post 117616299)

There are indeed such people, but most people will share if you ask them nicely. Besides, asking them is really a formality, done out of courtesy. Nobody is entitled to exclusive usage of any equipment, so they can't really decline.

Tan Gee Ming 25-12-2018 09:52 PM

lol i bought some cheap equipment at home and there is nobody to compete with me.

Jason.OnEarth 27-12-2018 10:15 AM

good morning 😃 I joined fitness first since May 2018 and was happy with the facilities.

if you wear a smile and be nice, they will share the equipment.

anyone doing bodypump classes?

pumpers! don’t mind may I check with you fellow bodypump -ers!

1. I don’t like track 1, squats (super slow, pounces and singles)
2. I don’t like track 2, wide squats (super slow, pounces and singles)

up and down, down and up, 1-2, 2-1

how? any advice to improve squats or make it more bearable? thanks 🙏🏼

have to do with knees pointing out, in-line with feet and backside backwards like sitting on a toilet bowl? any more tips?

Jason.OnEarth 27-12-2018 04:03 PM

I have been passport member for 6 months and hit a slump too, I am 30yrs and 70kg, wanting to bulk up and gain muscles 💪🏼

I have been eating a lot, drinking ON weight gainers and eating GNC Mega Man Sports, LAC Wild Meca and fish oil.

Help me!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vader1671 (Post 117462188)
Hi Experts!

I've been a FF member for a while. Currently in a bit of a slump. Looking for a personal trainer to give me some more tips/exercises/guidance. Any good recommendations?

I'm mid 30s, if that helps.

Jason.OnEarth 28-12-2018 08:34 AM

yesterday I went to ff gym and did couple of classes, I felt that I haven’t given my body sufficient rest or I set too high a standard for myself . I am disappointed.

anyway in group workout classes anyone likes to stand right at the front of class?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sufianjamal (Post 59702234)
hi there gymers haha~

i am gonna join fitness first gym!!

yeah buddy!!! ,its gonna be my first time being a member in a gym, woohooo

im joinin... lets say ard next month...or earlier:)hopefully if all goes well:)

any forumers here goes to any FF gym..

any good or bad things you can share wif me :)

or is there any other better gym with such facility...i kno its soooo freaking ex!! but nvm la

i when there once total plus everything is 6++...

pls share,any thing related to FF, thanks~

deathblade82 28-12-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason.OnEarth (Post 118329560)
anyway in group workout classes anyone likes to stand right at the front of class?

Any particular reason for doing so ?

Jason.OnEarth 28-12-2018 08:51 AM

classes are mostly full and quite packed, many likes to crowd in the middle and at the back of studio making it no space

soooo i go to the front 🙂

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathblade82 (Post 118329737)
Any particular reason for doing so ?

deathblade82 28-12-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason.OnEarth (Post 118329788)
classes are mostly full and quite packed, many likes to crowd in the middle and at the back of studio making it no space

soooo i go to the front 🙂

Trick is to enter the class early and ‘chope’ space. 😬

Ain’t a bad thing if your intention to learn. Unblock view of the instructor coaching.

Jason.OnEarth 28-12-2018 09:46 AM

usually attending multiple classes and will be unable to be there early waiting outside

I am ok but I’m one of the weakest participant and I know how the back row will be affected if the front row isn’t at its’ best

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathblade82 (Post 118330376)
Trick is to enter the class early and ‘chope’ space. 😬

Ain’t a bad thing if your intention to learn. Unblock view of the instructor coaching.

deathblade82 28-12-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason.OnEarth (Post 118330670)
usually attending multiple classes and will be unable to be there early waiting outside

I am ok but I’m one of the weakest participant and I know how the back row will be affected if the front row isn’t at its’ best

Ic...ic

I suggest that don’t do back to back class till you are more familiar.

From my own experience, you can follow by paying attention to the rhythm of the music and cueing of the instructor’s voice. (Essence of a LM class)