fitness first

ketua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
... I suspect most globogym will only have one squat rack ... .

Agree. With my limited exposure to True Fitness and trialS at other globo gyms, there's always only 1 squat rack or cage. True @ China Sq even has none.

The space and budget would be used for 'better' and popular equipment like treadmill. :D

monk..

Master Member
Reaction score
Paragon branch also one squat rack ... I suspect most globogym will only have one squat rack ... but on the whole Paragon equipment better, they have a power cage for squat. I believe they have 2 flat bench?

Paragon has denser carpeting, absorbs impact better. Their plates have holes for better grip. But their 'Olympic bars' have plastic ends and are lighter. However, the ends fit into the plates better and make less noise since it's plastic rubbing against metal.

And because Paragon is on lvl 8, there're windows all round the gym, working out in sunlight is nice. You also get more professionals and executive types.

wow...you do know paragon branch very well....hahha..:D
paragon branch also have these few yellow equipments which are rather good. (placed together with the squat rack and flat benchs - not sure if they still have them)

monk..

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree. With my limited exposure to True Fitness and trialS at other globo gyms, there's always only 1 squat rack or cage. True @ China Sq even has none.

The space and budget would be used for 'better' and popular equipment like treadmill. :D

china sq branch is too small...barely have enough equipments...definitely wont have a squat rack.
even the changing room is so small....

vurtomatic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
paragon branch also have these few yellow equipments which are rather good. (placed together with the squat rack and flat benchs - not sure if they still have them)

What kinda yellow equipment?

Actually I only been there once during the CNY break when AMK was closed :o

But I made a point to note the differences, my AMK branch feels so ghetto now :s16:

ketua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
china sq branch is too small...barely have enough equipments...definitely wont have a squat rack.
even the changing room is so small....

And then they waste a big piece of area near the counter as stretching / boxing area. WTH!

Ops OT liao. Let's get back to FF instaed of TF. ;p

Soul77

Reaction score

Is it those hammer strength type of machines?

Ironx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
paragon's barbell is only 11kg, but at least the rack goes deep enough.

AMK FF's so called Squat rack is a @#! joke. Most people will hit the supports halfway to parallel, much less atg.

Then again. I have seen exactly 1 other person doing atg squats and (gasp!) front squats in AMK FF in the last month or so.

Ironx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, but they are made by another brand, not hammer strength. I think they feel a little weird. But there are only 2 reasons to go Paragon FF = ogle at the GCPs/OLs/Milfs or for their properly labelled and maintained heavy dumbbells.

monk..

Master Member
Reaction score

no...not hammer strength...forgot the brand...but they look very pro haha...never get a chance to use it as have people using them.
i think maybe only paragon has it.....but then i have not been to all the branches..:s13:

monk..

Master Member
Reaction score
What kinda yellow equipment?

Actually I only been there once during the CNY break when AMK was closed :o

But I made a point to note the differences, my AMK branch feels so ghetto now :s16:

the last time i went there, they were placed near the entrance togther with the rack and flat bench and free weights....not sure if they moved it after renovation.

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i guess all only 1 squat rack...tamp ff also only 1 squat rack...but timing usually not alot...maj use it for pull ups n dips seldom see ppl squat only a few including myself use it for squat so still doable...wkday evening after 8 usually clear crowd alrdy haha

monk..

Master Member
Reaction score
i guess all only 1 squat rack...tamp ff also only 1 squat rack...but timing usually not alot...maj use it for pull ups n dips seldom see ppl squat only a few including myself use it for squat so still doable...wkday evening after 8 usually clear crowd alrdy haha

oh...tamp ff rarely got people squat?
the branch where i go...quite a number of people squatting in the rack...maybe diff crowds...

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh...tamp ff rarely got people squat?
the branch where i go...quite a number of people squatting in the rack...maybe diff crowds...

for me i so far see ppl use it mainly for pull ups , dips n sometimes ohp n shrugs / dl lol...maybe more ppl doin squats at the smith machine? lol

Soul77

Reaction score
Yes. the AMK branch squat rack will hit the support if you do below parallel. Unless your height is 190 and above. That's why I walk back out the cages.

Paragon I like the super high ceiling. It gives very relaxing feeling :) And yes. their dumbbell is good. Different type from other branches.

vurtomatic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm used to that kinda squat rack, just gotta be more aware. The irritating thing is if you don't back out enough, the plates on your bar will brush/hit the plates on the rack :s13:

The Paragon dumbbells are hexagon or something? Their plates also. Really like their plates, got the holes to grip.

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
pasir ris's clubfitt only has a smith machine -.-

and idiots use the smith machine for benchpress when there's a perfectly nice bench right next to it.

Cashcow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look like many are proud members of fitness first.

So far, I have been to mapletree, fusionpolis, amk, one raffles quay, millienia walk. I like the mapletree one.

ketua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pasir ris's clubfitt only has a smith machine -.-

and idiots use the smith machine for benchpress when there's a perfectly nice bench right next to it.

How idiot are they. Don't they know smith is for bicep curling? :D

vurtomatic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like to go in and out; don't talk cock, don't fraternise. And I go in the morning, doubt if any working forumers here go during those times. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.