www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   fitness first (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/fitness-first-3407263.html)

ketua 10-02-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 63983319)
... I suspect most globogym will only have one squat rack ... .

Agree. With my limited exposure to True Fitness and trialS at other globo gyms, there's always only 1 squat rack or cage. True @ China Sq even has none.

The space and budget would be used for 'better' and popular equipment like treadmill. :D

monk.. 10-02-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 63983319)
Paragon branch also one squat rack ... I suspect most globogym will only have one squat rack ... but on the whole Paragon equipment better, they have a power cage for squat. I believe they have 2 flat bench?

Paragon has denser carpeting, absorbs impact better. Their plates have holes for better grip. But their 'Olympic bars' have plastic ends and are lighter. However, the ends fit into the plates better and make less noise since it's plastic rubbing against metal.

And because Paragon is on lvl 8, there're windows all round the gym, working out in sunlight is nice. You also get more professionals and executive types.

wow...you do know paragon branch very well....hahha..:D
paragon branch also have these few yellow equipments which are rather good. (placed together with the squat rack and flat benchs - not sure if they still have them)

monk.. 10-02-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketua (Post 63989028)
Agree. With my limited exposure to True Fitness and trialS at other globo gyms, there's always only 1 squat rack or cage. True @ China Sq even has none.

The space and budget would be used for 'better' and popular equipment like treadmill. :D

china sq branch is too small...barely have enough equipments...definitely wont have a squat rack.
even the changing room is so small....

vurtomatic 10-02-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 63990329)
wow...you do know paragon branch very well....hahha..:D
paragon branch also have these few yellow equipments which are rather good. (placed together with the squat rack and flat benchs - not sure if they still have them)

What kinda yellow equipment?

Actually I only been there once during the CNY break when AMK was closed :o

But I made a point to note the differences, my AMK branch feels so ghetto now :s16:

ketua 10-02-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 63990365)
china sq branch is too small...barely have enough equipments...definitely wont have a squat rack.
even the changing room is so small....

And then they waste a big piece of area near the counter as stretching / boxing area. WTH!

Ops OT liao. Let's get back to FF instaed of TF. ;p

Soul77 10-02-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 63990329)
wow...you do know paragon branch very well....hahha..:D
paragon branch also have these few yellow equipments which are rather good. (placed together with the squat rack and flat benchs - not sure if they still have them)

Is it those hammer strength type of machines?

Ironx 10-02-2012 05:31 PM

paragon's barbell is only 11kg, but at least the rack goes deep enough.

AMK FF's so called Squat rack is a @#! joke. Most people will hit the supports halfway to parallel, much less atg.

Then again. I have seen exactly 1 other person doing atg squats and (gasp!) front squats in AMK FF in the last month or so.

Ironx 10-02-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul77 (Post 63993896)
Is it those hammer strength type of machines?

Yes, but they are made by another brand, not hammer strength. I think they feel a little weird. But there are only 2 reasons to go Paragon FF = ogle at the GCPs/OLs/Milfs or for their properly labelled and maintained heavy dumbbells.

monk.. 10-02-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul77 (Post 63993896)
Is it those hammer strength type of machines?

no...not hammer strength...forgot the brand...but they look very pro haha...never get a chance to use it as have people using them.
i think maybe only paragon has it.....but then i have not been to all the branches..:s13:

monk.. 10-02-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 63990645)
What kinda yellow equipment?

Actually I only been there once during the CNY break when AMK was closed :o

But I made a point to note the differences, my AMK branch feels so ghetto now :s16:

the last time i went there, they were placed near the entrance togther with the rack and flat bench and free weights....not sure if they moved it after renovation.

evilduxy 10-02-2012 09:38 PM

i guess all only 1 squat rack...tamp ff also only 1 squat rack...but timing usually not alot...maj use it for pull ups n dips seldom see ppl squat only a few including myself use it for squat so still doable...wkday evening after 8 usually clear crowd alrdy haha

monk.. 10-02-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilduxy (Post 63999475)
i guess all only 1 squat rack...tamp ff also only 1 squat rack...but timing usually not alot...maj use it for pull ups n dips seldom see ppl squat only a few including myself use it for squat so still doable...wkday evening after 8 usually clear crowd alrdy haha

oh...tamp ff rarely got people squat?
the branch where i go...quite a number of people squatting in the rack...maybe diff crowds...

evilduxy 10-02-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 64000692)
oh...tamp ff rarely got people squat?
the branch where i go...quite a number of people squatting in the rack...maybe diff crowds...

for me i so far see ppl use it mainly for pull ups , dips n sometimes ohp n shrugs / dl lol...maybe more ppl doin squats at the smith machine? lol

Soul77 11-02-2012 12:50 AM

Yes. the AMK branch squat rack will hit the support if you do below parallel. Unless your height is 190 and above. That's why I walk back out the cages.

Paragon I like the super high ceiling. It gives very relaxing feeling :) And yes. their dumbbell is good. Different type from other branches.

vurtomatic 11-02-2012 08:15 AM

I'm used to that kinda squat rack, just gotta be more aware. The irritating thing is if you don't back out enough, the plates on your bar will brush/hit the plates on the rack :s13:

The Paragon dumbbells are hexagon or something? Their plates also. Really like their plates, got the holes to grip.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.