www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   fitness first (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/fitness-first-3407263.html)

sufianjamal 19-09-2011 03:33 AM

fitness first

hi there gymers haha~

i am gonna join fitness first gym!!

yeah buddy!!! ,its gonna be my first time being a member in a gym, woohooo

im joinin... lets say ard next month...or earlier:)hopefully if all goes well:)

any forumers here goes to any FF gym..

any good or bad things you can share wif me :)

or is there any other better gym with such facility...i kno its soooo freaking ex!! but nvm la

i when there once total plus everything is 6++...

pls share,any thing related to FF, thanks~

sufianjamal 19-09-2011 03:36 AM

wan to add... i kno there is alot of gym that is wayway cheaper but i choose FF coz of its facility...

btw i forgot check... FF got hack squad?

smextron 19-09-2011 07:03 AM

Hey I saw someone transferring his ff membership http://singapore.gumtree.sg/c-Stuff-...AdIdZ315032580. May be cheaper for u if u are buying from him.

Inflicter 19-09-2011 08:02 AM

Yo! Yup FF member at Tampines here reporting in!

I posted quite a few stuff on FF here and there, not much to say for now =p

Which branch are u going to btw? Or are u joining on the passport membership

ramlee 19-09-2011 08:51 AM

U get wat u pay.

can borrow dvd.

ft7001 19-09-2011 11:41 AM

Rich! Can pay $150++ for a gym membership. Welcome to the elite club. :s12:

L2oyd88 19-09-2011 12:21 PM

Oh fitness first, well got 2 friends, sold off their membership, cause no deadlifting in the gym.

Or well rather no banging of plate when doing deadlift.
Well if that doesnt bother you then the facilities and machines is pretty good.

ketua 19-09-2011 12:43 PM

2 things good about FF:

Almost every branch has a small pool;
Workout attire is provided.

monk.. 19-09-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L2oyd88 (Post 59707895)
Oh fitness first, well got 2 friends, sold off their membership, cause no deadlifting in the gym.

no banging?
the branch I went to...always have people banging the plates..no issue so far...guess it depend on which branch....or how bad the banging is...:s13:

vurtomatic 19-09-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L2oyd88 (Post 59707895)

That just happened to me today :s13::s22::s13::s22:

It's usually some aunty or uncle with a trainer, and the noise disturbs them :s22: and they tell the trainer, then the trainer come and tell you :s11:

When I told them I'm doing deadlifts and the noise is normal (of course I'm not dropping the bar, gripped it all the way), they told me to do it on a mat :s13: I told them no. Morons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 59709954)
no banging?
the branch I went to...always have people banging the plates..no issue so far...guess it depend on which branch....or how bad the banging is...:s13:

Which branch is this?

gkhchay 19-09-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 59709954)
no banging?

no banging of plates, grunting etc............... is not a real hardcore gym.

Anyway, Aldrin's gym is gonna open soon & it'll be totally hardcore with sledgehammers, some tyres, prowlers, sledges, power racks & of course enough free weights for everyone.:D

kaixax555 19-09-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkhchay (Post 59714616)

Anyway, Aldrin's gym is gonna open soon & it'll be totally hardcore with sledgehammers, some tyres, prowlers, sledges, power racks & of course enough free weights for everyone.:D

this is sweet :D

Inflicter 19-09-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

;o really? At where and how big will the gym be?

gkhchay 19-09-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inflicter (Post 59715337)
;o really? At where and how big will the gym be?

somewhere around Ubi area IIRC, haven't been in there yet to see the place as it's still being set up..

galapogos 19-09-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 59714217)

It's usually some aunty or uncle with a trainer, and the noise disturbs them :s22: and they tell the trainer, then the trainer come and tell you :s11:

When I told them I'm doing deadlifts and the noise is normal (of course I'm not dropping the bar, gripped it all the way), they told me to do it on a mat :s13: I told them no. Morons.

Lol! How did they take to that?

vurtomatic 19-09-2011 05:42 PM

They finished their set and left :s8:

Inflicter 19-09-2011 05:53 PM

Vurtomatic u go to FF as well? If so which branch?

masotime 19-09-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkhchay (Post 59715446)
somewhere around Ubi area IIRC, haven't been in there yet to see the place as it's still being set up..

Taken from their facebook page (10th Sept 2011):

Quote:

Originally Posted by https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ziklag-Fitness/150095768345256
Will be officially co-sharing the Gym Facility with AspiringGoals Functional Training Center at Wintch Building at Ubi by latest November 2011. Thank you all for the support and encouragement.

kaixax555 19-09-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkhchay (Post 59715446)

Ubi is good :s12:

monk.. 19-09-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 59714217)

Which branch is this?

ORQ

Quote:

I agreed...how can there be no banging and grunting....:s22:
There will always be banging from deadlifts and grunting when doing heavy weights....so long it's not over the top...i believed no one will complain.

vurtomatic 19-09-2011 07:39 PM

Err what's ORQ?

ketua 19-09-2011 07:56 PM

From what I know, a former here received complain from other gymers for doing too heavy in seated cable row. IIRC is at Cali.

Really WTF. If the machine has that number of weight blocks to add on, then how can there be such a thing as too heavy?

vurtomatic 19-09-2011 08:03 PM

Because he 'dropped' the weights and make noise?

When did gyms become library?

Seriously, I love how they tell people to keep the noise down. So we can hear the gym's ****ty music?

Maybe the noises sound too intimidating to the uncles and aunties.

That seriously ruined my mood today. Especially when I was doing 5x5 and supersetting squats and deads. WTF, already balls to the walls and these morons tell me to keep the noise down or perform deads on a mat.

Next time I'll ask them to demonstrate their deads to me. NBCCB. I'm still pissed off thinking about it.

monk.. 19-09-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 59718784)
Err what's ORQ?

oops...sorry.
usually refer to the branches in short.
ORQ = One Raffles Quay :D

vurtomatic 19-09-2011 08:18 PM

Ah right ... too far for me :)

ragamuffin 19-09-2011 08:22 PM

i was about to post a thread on ff, but this thread came up so that's great! hope ts dont mind i ride on this thread too to find out more.

im also keen on joining ff, but im more of a class person than machine person. u guys have any idea if generally the instructors for the classes are any good? are the workouts intensive?

a side qn, the machines got headphones attached to it to let u hear the sound from the TV while u work out?

thanks. :)

pls do share more abt the the good and the bad of ff. :)

vurtomatic 19-09-2011 08:29 PM

Treadmills have audio jack. Weights machine no. Bikes don't have I think.

Classes are generally busy/full and look intense from the outside. They must be doing something right if the crowd keeps coming. Though this will probably vary depending on the branch you use.

Inflicter 19-09-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 59719381)
Because he 'dropped' the weights and make noise?

When did gyms become library?

Seriously, I love how they tell people to keep the noise down. So we can hear the gym's ****ty music?

Maybe the noises sound too intimidating to the uncles and aunties.

That seriously ruined my mood today. Especially when I was doing 5x5 and supersetting squats and deads. WTF, already balls to the walls and these morons tell me to keep the noise down or perform deads on a mat.

Next time I'll ask them to demonstrate their deads to me. NBCCB. I'm still pissed off thinking about it.

Hahaha heng my one doesnt have those auntie uncle working out at the weights section, if have all will be found at the yoga / other grp exercises :)

Anyway which branch do u work out at?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragamuffin (Post 59719826)
i was about to post a thread on ff, but this thread came up so that's great! hope ts dont mind i ride on this thread too to find out more.

im also keen on joining ff, but im more of a class person than machine person. u guys have any idea if generally the instructors for the classes are any good? are the workouts intensive?

a side qn, the machines got headphones attached to it to let u hear the sound from the TV while u work out?

thanks. :)

pls do share more abt the the good and the bad of ff. :)

I've attended their RPM classes, quite alright, gives you the motivation to cycle through one hour without feeling bored if you were to do it alone. Gonna try out Bodycombat and Bodypump soon though :>

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 59720027)

Classes are generally busy/full and look intense from the outside. They must be doing something right if the crowd keeps coming. Though this will probably vary depending on the branch you use.

Actually pardon me for asking this noob question.. but where is the audio jack on the threadmill located at? =x

Yeah unless you go for the really early morning classes, then not so packed. I guess most people go gyms like FF also for the classes, that's why so crowded. Certain classes dominated by females, sometimes see liao also dont feel like entering tsk

vurtomatic 19-09-2011 08:48 PM

It's a box next to the emergency stop on treadmill, has buttons for volume and channel, with an LCD showing you the channel.

I go to AMK FF.

DestinyFate 19-09-2011 08:54 PM

Hmm but I thought for machines not that good to be too noisy?? If can't control the weight then carry less heavier??

ragamuffin 19-09-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 59720027)

oh i see... do the step machines have audio jack?

i actually went for one trial class, really is packed. but u have a pt, they must be doing sth right to keep the crowd coming.

thanks for ur reply!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inflicter (Post 59720473)
Hahaha heng my one doesnt have those auntie uncle working out at the weights section, if have all will be found at the yoga / other grp exercises :)

Anyway which branch do u work out at?

I've attended their RPM classes, quite alright, gives you the motivation to cycle through one hour without feeling bored if you were to do it alone. Gonna try out Bodycombat and Bodypump soon though :>

Actually pardon me for asking this noob question.. but where is the audio jack on the threadmill located at? =x

Yeah unless you go for the really early morning classes, then not so packed. I guess most people go gyms like FF also for the classes, that's why so crowded. Certain classes dominated by females, sometimes see liao also dont feel like entering tsk

is the RPM also called spinning? too bad not every branch has this class. just pure cycling? i tried the bodycombat for my trial, quite fun eh, i like that class.

cowed77 19-09-2011 09:00 PM

Squats and deadlifts superset just feels like a big nono to me.

gkhchay 19-09-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowed77 (Post 59720907)

I tried it & believe me, it's a killer...:s22:

Inflicter 19-09-2011 09:29 PM

Yup it's just pure cycling.. Unless you want to count the stretching/cooldown at the end lol

vurtomatic 19-09-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowed77 (Post 59720907)

Generally I wouldn't do it but this program I'm on has it so :s8: No harm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkhchay (Post 59721650)

Quite shiok the feeling :s13: Puts me in a no-nonsense mood though. :o

cowed77 19-09-2011 10:28 PM

Haha post the template of ur program!

vurtomatic 19-09-2011 10:49 PM

Hypetrophy 1 from New Rules of Lifting

A
Workout 1: 5x5, rest 90s; Workout 2: 3x15, rest 30s; Workout 3: 4x10, rest 60s. Repeat for 6 workouts.

Superset with full rest
DB incline bench press
Cable Seated Row

Superset with full rest
DB shoulder press
Wide-grip lat pulldown

Superset with full rest
Barbell close-grip bench press
High pull

Swiss ball crunch, 3x15, rest 60s

B
Workout 1: 4x10, rest 60s; Workout 2: 5x5, rest 90s, Workout 3: 3x15, rest 30s. Repeat for 6 workouts.

Superset with full rest
Squat
Deadlift shrug

Superset with full rest
Bulgarian split squat
Step-up

Reverse crunch, 3x15, rest 60s

Cashcow 19-09-2011 11:26 PM

It is a SATKI gym.

Spartanz. 19-09-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Errr ubi so far........ His place alreay got gym wad lol

irvine83 19-09-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

The new gym @ Ubi actually belong to Aspiring Goals Functional Training Centre, Ziklag fitness is co-sharing the place
Aldrin say that the new gym will be a playground for his staff (conduct bootcamp training)
Aldrin's current gym will still be used for personal training, more privacy.

Carl just conducted a bootcamp training on Sunday. 18-Sep
We had 4 people rotating around 6 station and was not restricted by the space there.
Size of new gym according to Aldrin = Current gym + torture chamber (massage room) + 30% more

There's a bathroom to shower in the new gym.
Offical opening heard is on 1st Oct

gkhchay 20-09-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartanz. (Post 59725202)
Errr ubi so far........ His place alreay got gym wad lol

Lots of clients & his place is too cramped now... Anyway Aldrin may take in members who aren't his clients..

Inflicter 20-09-2011 09:03 PM

Wah sian Tampines FF the shower cubicles got those kind of toilet / drain flies..? 1mm or so in length, brownish colour. Anyone else experiences that too? :<

ft7001 20-09-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inflicter (Post 59749452)
Wah sian Tampines FF the shower cubicles got those kind of toilet / drain flies..? 1mm or so in length, brownish colour. Anyone else experiences that too? :<

Dun worry. Paragon has those flies too.

Inflicter 20-09-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ft7001 (Post 59750623)
Dun worry. Paragon has those flies too.

See liao damn gao wei.. Today morning see one dead 'pool' of flies, some still alive at the indented tile for u to put ur soap or w/e, was like 20-30 of them. Splashed some water on them to wash all their bodies away.

I think now I know why some people prefer to go shower naked already, so after shower dont need to try to flick those flies off their clothing

monk.. 20-09-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inflicter (Post 59749452)

you can complain at the recept and they will look into it.

FroztSpectre 20-09-2011 10:27 PM

Ubi is good!
I live next to Ubi :S

kaixax555 21-09-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FroztSpectre (Post 59751922)
Ubi is good!
I live next to Ubi :S

Go there together? :crazy:

hitmen 21-09-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkhchay (Post 59721650)

Your spine cant take it

gkhchay 21-09-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmen (Post 59773511)
Your spine cant take it

SHUT UP KIDDO.... u don't know what you're talking about. Open your mouth only when you've got at least a year's worth of solid training experience behind you & have made some solid gains in terms of both muscle mass & strength.

cowed77 21-09-2011 07:08 PM

Yeeehahahaha!!!