HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Getting a wisdom tooth removed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2019, 03:30 AM   #1
Supremacy Member

Getting a wisdom tooth removed

So I went to a private dentist and he recommended I get a wisdom tooth removed as it has some decay and the tooth infront has some decay, but because the wisdom tooth is partially erupted (part of it is still in the gum at a 45 degree angle), I will need to get it done under surgery with local anesthesia.

But im confused as to how the process works. Im guessing that if I just book an appointment at a hospital directly, I will be charged as a private patient. So do I need to get it re-checked at a polyclinic? Because as it seems that you need months to get a dental appointment at a polyclinic in the first place.

And how are you supposed to eat after getting the wisdom tooth removed? I mean, they are going to have to cut up the gum andbone, sounds like its going to keep bleeding for a long time and any food that comes into contact with the area is going to hurt a lot.

I had upper wisdom tooth removed at a dentist (no need for surgery) before and the wound kept bleeding all the way from afternoon to night...and it was really difficult to eat for like a week after...not a fun experience.

Was hoping that I would not need to get the tooth removed if I just be careful about brushing it from now on, but from what im reading, the decay will just keep getting worse on its own with no way to stop it...
Old 13-09-2019, 07:39 PM   #2

if your wisdom tooth has some decay already, it is better to get it remove before the pain sets in. apart from that, once it is removed, you can better take care of the tooth infront of your wisdom tooth, so please get it removed

as for cost, just do at any private dental with a gentle dentist. you can use your medisave to pay it if it is a surgery and do it as soon as tomorrow.

yes they will cut your gum open if it is a surgery (that's why you will need local anesthesia). after surgery they will stitch you up nicely and you need to return to the clinic in about a week to remove the stitches. you will bleed. that's normal, dont worry about it unless u got some underlying medical conditions that prevent the wound from healing. on the bright side, u will have 5 days mc!

clinic will give you enough medication for the pain so dont worry about it.

good luck!
Old 02-10-2019, 03:53 AM   #3

I'm no professional, but I just want to add that some people believe wisdom tooth extractions contribute to downward growth of the face.
If that concerns you, look into Orthotropics and the Mewing Method coined by Mike and John Mew.
celtic761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #4

Absurd delirium))))
The severity of the jaw can not change, because it is determined by the entire bite.
Alice1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:01 PM   #5

i did surgery to remove 2 wisdom teeth at once.
Tan Gee Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.