Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Health Screening Package

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
Master Member

Health Screening Package

Hi,

Anyone can recommend any health screening packages? Intend to do a comprehensive full body check up. Thanks.
donald83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #2

Hi,

Anyone can recommend any health screening packages? Intend to do a comprehensive full body check up. Thanks.
What's your budget?

In general, in terms of cost

private (e.g. Raffles Medical et al) >> government hospitals

(GPs and polyclinics generally don't have the facilities for a full body check up, so I'm leaving them out.)

You can also check up their websites and call them up for a list of what tests are covered in their health screening packages, for a package in the same cost range, some tests are included but some aren't. Most of the time, they will be running some kind of promotion, e.g. "Christmas package" etc, for their health screening packages. Just take it as marketing hype and look at their tests and overall costs.

And lastly, bear in mind that certain tests may be harmful to your body, e.g. radiation via x-rays, bone density tests etc. My doc warned me to avoid those unless absolutely necessary.

(I went for TTSH's 1+K health screening package, found nothing wrong [in fact got a false positive], after that I'm currently going to a GP for my regular blood tests [the basic cholesterol, glucose etc] - GP coz it's in my neighbourhood and much more convenient than polyclinic, and also coz my co. covers health screens. I'm in my early 30's.)

Last edited by mir_ror; 25-04-2013 at 03:57 PM..
mir_ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #3

Check with your insurance company for health screening offers before committing.
I'm with NTUC income, went for their Women's Special ($280) at MHC - Make Health Connect Amara Hotel.
You can speak with your family doctor to see if there are special areas of concern to include in the health check.
Check-up results usually takes 1-2 weeks, this wait period has been especially unnerving for me!
her boring life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #4

Check with your insurance company for health screening offers before committing.
I'm with NTUC income, went for their Women's Special ($280) at MHC - Make Health Connect Amara Hotel.
You can speak with your family doctor to see if there are special areas of concern to include in the health check.
Check-up results usually takes 1-2 weeks, this wait period has been especially unnerving for me!
Yes, I agree, those health packages might be worth checking out. I noticed even groupon and other similar sites have also started selling health screening packages.

Regarding check-up results, I think it dpds from place to place. My blood test results were ready the next day. (caveat: i only did blood-related tests, not other stuff)
Old 30-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #5

if u want fast, can consider sata or some private
of cos u pay more $$

else go to poly clinic and ask them to refer you to SGH or any hospital
iirc u can get the results via polyclinic after that
soeyism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
Master Member

bump this.

I just want to get a regular blood test to check cholesterol levels.

can just go to a GP/polyclinic specifically for this?

I saw the average basic/essential health screening package cost about $280 to $300.
jokerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #7

Anyone had autoimmune test before? Can recommend where to get it done?
sujun93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #8

bump this.

I just want to get a regular blood test to check cholesterol levels.

can just go to a GP/polyclinic specifically for this?

I saw the average basic/essential health screening package cost about $280 to $300.
u can check with quest labs Welcome To Quest Laboratories Official Site to do only a lipid test.

If u r on HFLC diet, your lipid profile may shock you.
The last i know, no labs in Singapore can do a check on Type A/Type B LDL
Lipascor

They can only give u

Total Cholesterol
HDL
LDL
Triglycerides

The official recommendations from HPB : Lipid Disorders
is too simplistic.

Read more on cholesterol levels and how to interpret.
jokerk likes this.
cwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #9

Anyone had autoimmune test before? Can recommend where to get it done?
there are so many variants of autoimmune disease, don't think you can test all of them. U also need to (touch wood) exhibit some symptoms before they know what to test.
I have a relative who was diagnose with lupus another with thyroiditis, both were diagnosed with the disease after they displayed some related symptoms.
The diagnosis also took some time to come.

If u want to pursue, u might consider this article interesting
Autoantibodies key to early diagnosis of autoimmune diseases >> Medical Laboratory Observer
Old 14-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #10

there are so many variants of autoimmune disease, don't think you can test all of them. U also need to (touch wood) exhibit some symptoms before they know what to test.
I have a relative who was diagnose with lupus another with thyroiditis, both were diagnosed with the disease after they displayed some related symptoms.
The diagnosis also took some time to come.

If u want to pursue, u might consider this article interesting
Autoantibodies key to early diagnosis of autoimmune diseases >> Medical Laboratory Observer
My therapist suspects that i have autoimmune disease. Cause i injured my upper back (both side) 6 months ago, and till now its still not healing.
Old 14-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #11

My therapist suspects that i have autoimmune disease. Cause i injured my upper back (both side) 6 months ago, and till now its still not healing.
Upper back injury due to sports? I wouldn't think this has anything to do with autoimmune disease.
If u have persistent upper back muscle soreness for no apparent reason, then that is more likely to point to autoimmunity.

Suggest u go to an alternative physiotherapist for your upper back injury.
Old 14-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #12

Upper back injury due to sports? I wouldn't think this has anything to do with autoimmune disease.
If u have persistent upper back muscle soreness for no apparent reason, then that is more likely to point to autoimmunity.

Suggest u go to an alternative physiotherapist for your upper back injury.
Yes. Probably injured while training... Soft tissue massage but still no improvement.

You got any physiotherapist to recommend?
Old 14-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #13
Master Member

aldrin...ziklag fitness....#first
jokerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #14

Urgh... He is actually my physiotherapist -.-
Old 15-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #15
eyz
Supremacy Member

For bloodtest, maybe you guys can just pay a visit to Pathlab at Kallang Pudding road. Save the $$ spent on visiting the GP.
eyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.