HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

Like Tree3667Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #1486

Can the sandwich maker double up as a waffle iron?
sounds doable leh.. but it will be a small waffle
eddy2099sg likes this.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:07 PM   #1487
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can the sandwich maker double up as a waffle iron?
Technically, it is doable but if I am not wrong, the sandwich maker is conclave to handle the height of the two slices of bread + fillings while the waffle iron is convex the layer of platter wouldn't be that thick.
eddy2099sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #1488
Arch-Supremacy Member

nasilemak100 and Duncerblur like this.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #1489
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sheng Siong Christmas and Weekly Offer

Old 03-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #1490
High Supremacy Member

May I know which model you're using?

What else do u make/use it for?

Thanks for providing your input on this!
I use Panasonic but it is US model so don't think available in SG due to voltage issues. We only use it to knead dough now. Quite handy as hubby just needs to put in ingredients in PM. By time I'm home, dough will be all ready so we just need to shape, add any other extra ingredients and pop into oven to bake.

A friend bought a donlim breadmaker recently. She said its not too bad for the price.
Telur17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #1491
Arch-Supremacy Member

I use Panasonic but it is US model so don't think available in SG due to voltage issues. We only use it to knead dough now. Quite handy as hubby just needs to put in ingredients in PM. By time I'm home, dough will be all ready so we just need to shape, add any other extra ingredients and pop into oven to bake.

A friend bought a donlim breadmaker recently. She said its not too bad for the price.
I saw this on their SG website

SD-P104 Bread Maker - Panasonic Singapore
Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #1492
Master Member

Thanks. Yea, she wants a panasonic one too..

ya, that's the one i linked in my prev post.
xerref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #1493
High Supremacy Member

That's similar to the model I am using. I like that the yeast is put separately so no need worry about separating the dry and wet ingredients. But no window to see what is going on for those who like to beo.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:39 AM   #1494
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's similar to the model I am using. I like that the yeast is put separately so no need worry about separating the dry and wet ingredients. But no window to see what is going on for those who like to beo.
My old one had a window but it's not really that useful since it fogged up early in the process so can't really see anything unless the dough raises to hill the roof and it's too late to do anything. Haa haa
Old 04-12-2014, 03:43 AM   #1495
Arch-Supremacy Member

The iherb offers are here

Reviva Labs - iHerb.com
Genesis Today, Genesis Today, Special - iHerb.com
Ultima Health Products - iHerb.com
Frontier Natural Products, Frontier Natural Products, Non-Bulk - iHerb.com
Harney & Sons - iHerb.com

Manuka Honey Skin Care - iHerb.com
wizzyslurpee likes this.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:52 AM   #1496
Arch-Supremacy Member

Duncerblur likes this.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:00 AM   #1497
Supremacy Member

My take is that if someone is using a bread maker (because he can't bake otherwise), chances are she probably doesn't "need" to look into the machine and tweak the dough. I would say... just trust the recipe. Unless you smell something burning horribly , it is probably less stressful to come back to the machine after 3ish hours when your loaf is done. Stress every 5 min till then is just gonna be painful.

Unless you radically change the standard recipe, your loaf is probably still gonna be edible no matter how non-"ideal" it might be. So... don't stress. You might end up discovering a new pastry you like. I routinely make breads, cakes, scones, biscuits, kuehs... not because I like variety (though I do) but because... it just happens HAHA.

If anybody is looking for the mysterious $1 hand cream, here's the link:

Sierra Bees, Hand Cream with Manuka Honey, Unscented, 2.5 oz (71 g) - iHerb.com

The discount is not shown until you add it to cart - then it becomes $1. This looks like something eddy would want to buy 2 cartons of. It sure looks cart-addable to me.
Duncerblur likes this.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:00 AM   #1498
High Supremacy Member

My old one had a window but it's not really that useful since it fogged up early in the process so can't really see anything unless the dough raises to hill the roof and it's too late to do anything. Haa haa
a window can be fun in the beginning. found it fun to watch how it whips the ingredients to dough. but after a while, get bored le. so don't bother to see anymore. so no need for window actually lor
Duncerblur likes this.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:05 AM   #1499
Supremacy Member

I am so tempted by the frontier spices.

But buying from iherb every week seems... unhealthy.
This toner seems buyable too... in fact, I bookmarked it long ago to wait for the 20% range discount... it came one week too late.

Reviva Labs, Organic Skin Tonic, 4 fl oz (118 ml) - iHerb.com
Eien_kisu and Duncerblur like this.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:06 AM   #1500
Supremacy Member

a window can be fun in the beginning. found it fun to watch how it whips the ingredients to dough. but after a while, get bored le. so don't bother to see anymore. so no need for window actually lor
Yes, yes, I was so excited to see the kneading in action... it was so so so cool (though my mum insisted it just sounded like the washing machine ).

From a mess of ingredients to a beautiful ball of dough... you can really fall in love.
Duncerblur likes this.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.