iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

yan.an

Master Member
Reaction score
Merry X'mas to everyone who has been so kind and full of patience & good advice here! Oh ... OK, to those who aren't too. LOL

merry-christmas-chocolate-cake-eps-22374224.jpg

Lol! Merry christmas all!

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Liquid Chlorophyll not bad i think my body many toxic i try the product liao will keep on poo-ing :s42:

One of the effects is that it helps bowel movement which can be particularly useful if you have been suffering from conspitation. Good to let things out rather than keep them in. Lol

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One of the effects is that it helps bowel movement which can be particularly useful if you have been suffering from conspitation. Good to let things out rather than keep them in. Lol

wah, so late le no sleep?

Duncerblur

Reaction score
Another noobie Q but what would be the advice be regarding my old & probably going to die anytime in the following year telly? Should I just wait out its death knell & get a set-top box & antenna (there is an assistance scheme from MDA to grant this to low-income households - I can qualify if I am careful how I present my case apparently) or just save up to buy a digital telly? I give my telly about another 6 months before it gives up the ghost?

Also, someone told me I should go for the cheapest Samsung digital telly as they are the "best value for an entry-level user like me". Eh what? LOL.

So, does it make sense to try for the grant? Or just go buy a new digital Samsung telly? Or is there a better, cheaper brand I should look into? I saw a brand called Skyworth at the Giant today for only $299 but the salesman actually advised against it! He quietly told me to go check out the Samsungs. :s22:

Thank you for any help for this confused ole auntie.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Merry Xmas and a happy new year guys

Hi guy, my break over, back to school on monday.....

update what i do.

i think i put on at least 8 kg.

at the end of nov, i go to hawker center, food center and try those food as shown on channel 8, i would say good, if compare to my sengkang area then it a whole better.

even the pig organ soup in my sk area taste like salted soup.

other then eating everyday.

i been to a bus trip going all over singapore. it cost me $2 for a 2 to 4 hr bus trip.

next i change my computer of 7 year old(now it is store room as a back up)

dang, life without work is so dang good... if that retired life, i am so happy to welcome it.

BTW, i did all those alone.... now waiting for my 1 month leave on dec 2015. hahahahahaha

Last edited:

Duncerblur

Reaction score
Merry Xmas and a happy new year guys

Hi guy, my break over, back to school on monday.....

update what i do.

i think i put on at least 8 kg.

at the end of nov, i go to hawker center, food center and try those food as shown on channel 8, i would say good, if compare to my sengkang area then it a whole better.

even the pig organ soup in my sk area taste like salted soup.

other then eating everyday.

i been to a bus trip going all over singapore. it cost me $2 for a 2 to 4 hr bus trip.

next i change my computer of 7 year old(now it is store room as a back up)

dang, life without work is so dang good... if that retired life, i am so happy to welcome it.

BTW, i did all those alone.... now waiting for my 1 month leave on dec 2015. hahahahahaha

Sounds like a fantastic holiday! So the Channel 8 recommendations are good, eh? Would you mind sharing what food places you tried out & your review pls? :)

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seletar mall song fa peppery just nice but a bit bland. the soup amoma and taste(taste as in the soup cook together with the bone) a bit like water....

333 balestier bak kut teh super peppery but the aroma and taste is very good, better the seletar mall song fa.

founder's bak kut teh, so far the best out of those 3. everything jsut nice.

no review of the bak kut teh meat, cause bak kut teh is all about the soup, cause it the soup that make the bak kut teh.

next

ji ji wanton mee at Hong Lim Food Centre. order the chicken feet, noodle not bad, still QQ. the chicken feet is good, i like it.

also at Hong Lim Food Centre. Ma Bo Lor Mee. there some Q but taste normal to me... nothing special

also at Hong Lim Food Centre, Heng Kee Curry Chicken Noodle. yummy, not bad, can compare with the bedok hawker center Curry Chicken Noodle.

Next Bedok hawker Center. Curry Chicken Noodle(the guy is the botak one, or sometime the wife cook) almost the same with Heng Kee Curry Chicken Noodle but the curry a little thick( i like this version cause always love curry a bit thicker)

Bedok hawker Center, Song Zhou Luo Bo Gao, try the white version, good, crisy on the outside, soft on the inside. can go again.

Bedok hawker Center, Hokkien Lor Mee, ( not sure of the name, it the 3rd or 4 th stall from the front hawker center front he stair a uncle and auntie) better then Hong Lim Food Centre Ma Bo Lor Mee is every way.

ABC Brickworks Food Centre i go there go for Fatty Cheong only.
love the fatty part of the charsiew.. also can visit again.

Next

Big Bern at 978 TPY. try the Whoopass Burger. first time a Burger more meat then the bread. the patty is dang juicy and it melt in your mouth

Fat Boy at Thomson. i when there to try The Elvis because the burger got Bacon, bananas and peanut butter. nothing special maybe because i have been make my own peanut butter and banana.my version pan fried ion pure butter till the bread is soak in butter. yummy

Marine Parade hawker center for Apollo Fried Kway Teow, this is the wet type. yummy, a bit sweet, even it the wet type the noodle still a little little little q

Marine Parade hawker center for the Seremban Beef Noodle. taste normal to me. nothing special

Seah Im Food Centre for the ah ma Fried Kway Teow. dry version. black sauce a bit too much so it a bit sweet. i perfer this over the wet one, noodle very QQ.

Seah Im Food Centre farasha Muslim food for the Ayam penyet .
seldom try Ayam penyet , but this is really good and yummy.

Albert Centre Market & Food Centre for the Siraj Famous Waterloo Street indian rojak. the sauce yummy, cant get enough of it. nothing else for other.

lastly

golden mile food centre for Yew Chuan Claypot Rice, all Claypot Rice taste the same to me.

golden mile food centre for the Hainan Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee. also really good, one of the few dish i can taste the wok hei.

golden mile food centre for the 91 Fried Kway Teow, it taste like the healthy version of the Fried Kway Teow from the ah ma Fried Kway Teow but less salt, less sugar, so it a but bland but it ok and it failed cause cannot smell the wok hei

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some of the food like golden mile food centre which i order 3 dish(Claypot Rice, Prawn Mee and Fried Kway Teow) like at the same time and eat finish this then the other and the other.

lucky i am already very fat so no need to slim down. :)

Last edited:

Duncerblur

Reaction score
seletar mall song fa peppery just nice but a bit bland. the soup amoma and taste(taste as in the soup cook together with the bone) a bit like water....

333 balestier bak kut teh super peppery but the aroma and taste is very good, better the seletar mall song fa.

founder's bak kut teh, so far the best out of those 3. everything jsut nice.

no review of the bak kut teh meat, cause bak kut teh is all about the soup, cause it the soup that make the bak kut teh.

next

ji ji wanton mee at Hong Lim Food Centre. order the chicken feet, noodle not bad, still QQ. the chicken feet is good, i like it.

also at Hong Lim Food Centre. Ma Bo Lor Mee. there some Q but taste normal to me... nothing special

also at Hong Lim Food Centre, Heng Kee Curry Chicken Noodle. yummy, not bad, can compare with the bedok hawker center Curry Chicken Noodle.

Next Bedok hawker Center. Curry Chicken Noodle(the guy is the botak one, or sometime the wife cook) almost the same with Heng Kee Curry Chicken Noodle but the curry a little thick( i like this version cause always love curry a bit thicker)

Bedok hawker Center, Song Zhou Luo Bo Gao, try the white version, good, crisy on the outside, soft on the inside. can go again.

Bedok hawker Center, Hokkien Lor Mee, ( not sure of the name, it the 3rd or 4 th stall from the front hawker center front he stair a uncle and auntie) better then Hong Lim Food Centre Ma Bo Lor Mee is every way.

ABC Brickworks Food Centre i go there go for Fatty Cheong only.
love the fatty part of the charsiew.. also can visit again.

Next

Big Bern at 978 TPY. try the Whoopass Burger. first time a Burger more meat then the bread. the patty is dang juicy and it melt in your mouth

Fat Boy at Thomson. i when there to try The Elvis because the burger got Bacon, bananas and peanut butter. nothing special maybe because i have been make my own peanut butter and banana.my version pan fried ion pure butter till the bread is soak in butter. yummy

Marine Parade hawker center for Apollo Fried Kway Teow, this is the wet type. yummy, a bit sweet, even it the wet type the noodle still a little little little q

Marine Parade hawker center for the Seremban Beef Noodle. taste normal to me. nothing special

Seah Im Food Centre for the ah ma Fried Kway Teow. dry version. black sauce a bit too much so it a bit sweet. i perfer this over the wet one, noodle very QQ.

Seah Im Food Centre farasha Muslim food for the Ayam penyet .
seldom try Ayam penyet , but this is really good and yummy.

Albert Centre Market & Food Centre for the Siraj Famous Waterloo Street indian rojak. the sauce yummy, cant get enough of it. nothing else for other.

lastly

golden mile food centre for Yew Chuan Claypot Rice, all Claypot Rice taste the same to me.

golden mile food centre for the Hainan Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee. also really good, one of the few dish i can taste the wok hei.

golden mile food centre for the 91 Fried Kway Teow, it taste like the healthy version of the Fried Kway Teow from the ah ma Fried Kway Teow but less salt, less sugar, so it a but bland but it ok and it failed cause cannot smell the wok hei

TY, King! It all sounds like a fantastic food adventure - drool!

BTW, is the Bedok Hawker Centre you mentioned the new one next to the Bus Interchange? I think I might have eaten at the same curry chicken noodle stall today! It did not have much msg so I only had a slight tum tum ache & headache. Was yummy!

I am copying all these down now :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.