HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

Like Tree3667Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #1531
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where is a good place to go to get cheaper eggs ? The prices at the supermarkets seems to increase every passing week and there isn't any signs that it will be coming down any time soon.
Duncerblur likes this.
eddy2099sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #1532

No leh. We can just only wish for it. The only thing that happened is that instead of having to spend $60 to get to the 10% tier, we only need to spend $40.

Now that the USD is up, the sales probably dropped somewhat so they might be doing something to encourage us to buy by compensating the dollar hike.

I think the prior exchange rate was like 1.24 but now it's like 1.33.
My last order was at $1.35. I put a curb on my iHerb & non-food related orders till I get a new mobile phone so this exchange rate increase is only reinforcing that.

By the way, I have been using the Aubrey Organics Green Tea Sunscreen and it's quite good although quite thick in consistency. It's good for the body but on the face, I look like I have makeup on! A makeup promoter actually came up to me to recommend a makeup remover & was surprised when I said I only had sunscreen on my face.

Still, I did not have to reapply as much as I thought so it seems like quite good value.
Duncerblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #1533

Where is a good place to go to get cheaper eggs ? The prices at the supermarkets seems to increase every passing week and there isn't any signs that it will be coming down any time soon.
Goodness, I was just wondering that as the eggs in my neighbourhood shop actually went up by $0.40 this week! Rather steep, no? Sheng Siong had a large carton on offer but I do not consume so many.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #1534
High Supremacy Member

Where to find the cheap coconut oil again? Mustafa?

WTS: BNIB Zowie G-TF Speed mousepad, CDs
Emospence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:07 PM   #1535
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where to find the cheap coconut oil again? Mustafa?
Yup. Mustafa has the virgin coconut oils from the Philippines. In fact the iherb ones also comes from the same
Country.
Duncerblur likes this.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #1536
Arch-Supremacy Member

Goodness, I was just wondering that as the eggs in my neighbourhood shop actually went up by $0.40 this week! Rather steep, no? Sheng Siong had a large carton on offer but I do not consume so many.
The last I checked sheng siong has it for $6.45 a carton of 30 eggs. Months before the hike, I was paying under $5 for the same thing. Fairprice is selling it for $6.30.
Duncerblur likes this.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #1537

The last I checked sheng siong has it for $6.45 a carton of 30 eggs. Months before the hike, I was paying under $5 for the same thing. Fairprice is selling it for $6.30.
What happened? Are the hens all having "headaches"?
Old 04-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #1538
Supremacy Member

I do. I'm following your footsteps and am drinking tea everyday. It is still going to take a while to finish them all.
You simply need to up your dosage.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:45 PM   #1539
Supremacy Member

I'm no techie but this made my jaw drop. I am, however, a Trekkie so I had beam-me-up-Scotty vibes when I watched this. This would be useless on me though as my arm is too skinny & bony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J7GpVQCfms#t=124

I think it would be kinda tiring to keep your forearm in that position...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #1540
Arch-Supremacy Member

What happened? Are the hens all having "headaches"?
I wished it was just that but it's worst.

In October, 3 farms in west Malaysia were suspended from exporting to Singapore cos of salmonella bacteria found in the eggs and that causes a shortfall here. I guess since then the reserve stock have probably dwindled to probably nothing so causing the prices to go up even higher.

Suspension of Malaysian farms will keep egg prices high: Experts, AsiaOne Singapore News
Duncerblur likes this.

Last edited by eddy2099sg; 05-12-2014 at 05:34 AM..
Old 05-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #1541
Master Member

In October, 3 farms in west Malaysia were suspended from exporting to Singapore cos of salmonella bacteria found in the eggs and that causes a shortfall here. I guess since then the reserve stock have probably dwindled to probably nothing so causing the prices to go up even higher.

Suspension of Malaysian farms will keep egg prices high: Experts, AsiaOne Singapore News
but those 3 farms make up less than 10% of the supply to singapore..

This is so despite the three suspended farms accounting for less than 8 per cent of Singapore’s total supply of 1.68 billion eggs last year. In the past three weeks alone, a few supermarket chains have raised the prices of eggs several times.
Egg prices continue to rise after suspension of third Malaysian farm - Channel NewsAsia
its the egg import/export association that decided to jack up the prices.

Last edited by xerref; 05-12-2014 at 09:02 AM..
xerref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #1542

OMG, I remember that now but I thought they would have found some other sources ... oh dear.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #1543

For those who use makeup I guess?

I decided on a whim to go to this since I was in the general area, and thank goodness I did! It was not just makeup! I managed to score the usually very pricey La Roche Posay SPF50+++ Anthelios Sunscreen for "superbly sun sensitive" vampire-wannabes for only $25! So pleased!

I also bought the Matrix Biolage Colour Care (because someone said the colour care is the best range for peeps with Lion King frizzy hair) shampoo for only $5 and the way big conditioner for $8. There were loads of Loreal hair stuff as well as Redken but all the ladies were crowded at the makeup counters so I am guessing these are really good deals. I saw women spending an average of $300 there. I felt really twee for spending almost $50 and feeling rather naughty.
bella_ likes this.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #1544
Supremacy Member

my sad morning breakfast

The_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #1545

my sad morning breakfast

u sick? or supplements
bella_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.