HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

Like Tree3667Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #166
Arch-Supremacy Member

Gosh! That is some mighty huge pumpkin. I'm not sure what I would do with it.
Duncerblur likes this.
eddy2099sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #167

here's my peasant coffee bun with peanut butter and chocolate chips filling.

Dough mix
300gm atta flour
2 tablespoons self raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
180ml water
1 tablespoon yeast
3 tablespoon no diary creamer
3 tablespoons butter
3 sachets instant three in one coffee
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon powder

Fillings
Peanut butter
Chocolate chips

Mix dough ingredients apart from water together and slowly pour water and mix until partially wet.

Knead until dough is not sticky and let it rest for 45 minutes.

Once the dough raises, roll into balls and flatten. Add a spoonful of peanut butter and chocolate chips. Knead the edges shut and roll into ball. Put on grease paper and let it stand for 30 minutes.

Bake at 190 degrees for 30 minutes or when done.

Apart from the bun, I did try to make the bun into rolls. Basically I just made them into a ball, flatten and stretch it and added chocolate chips and roll them up into mini rolls.

Drool! I am currently baking my pumpkin, pine nuts & cheese muffins in my oven. New recipe that I just whacked together so hopefully it works out.

Choccie chips ... choccie chips ...
eddy2099sg and saiyan2005 like this.
Duncerblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #168

Gosh! That is some mighty huge pumpkin. I'm not sure what I would do with it.
That's a pumpkin??? I thought it was Jabba the Hut!
Old 03-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #169

7-Eleven

I just saw these two promotions by 7-Eleven. They seem rather good value for those in a hurry. Or extremely hungry.

eddy2099sg likes this.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #170
Arch-Supremacy Member

Drool! I am currently baking my pumpkin, pine nuts & cheese muffins in my oven. New recipe that I just whacked together so hopefully it works out.

Choccie chips ... choccie chips ...
I should have been a lot more generous with the chocolate chips. Probably should have mixed in the dough.

Will see what to do with my pumpkins when i have more space in the fridge. Doubt its possible to consume one at a go.

Talking about pumpkins, im glad i got them on the first day. the curent lots sale are like 2/3 the size of what ive got.
Duncerblur likes this.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #171

I should have been a lot more generous with the chocolate chips. Probably should have mixed in the dough.

Will see what to do with my pumpkins when i have more space in the fridge. Doubt its possible to consume one at a go.

Talking about pumpkins, im glad i got them on the first day. the curent lots sale are like 2/3 the size of what ive got.
Oh, is the promotion still on? Hmmm ...

I usually fold in my choccie chips in my batter & save a handful to sprinkle on the top. I would put choccie chips in everything if I was not afraid of sugar overload.

My pumpkin muffins are done and yummy but lack that ultimate punch. I think I may add some bacon pieces next time to give it that extra saltiness & texture. Oh, and maybe some thyme. And maybe try using feta instead of mozzarella. *Scribbles furiously*
Old 03-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #172
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh, is the promotion still on? Hmmm ...

I usually fold in my choccie chips in my batter & save a handful to sprinkle on the top. I would put choccie chips in everything if I was not afraid of sugar overload.

My pumpkin muffins are done and yummy but lack that ultimate punch. I think I may add some bacon pieces next time to give it that extra saltiness & texture. Oh, and maybe some thyme. And maybe try using feta instead of mozzarella. *Scribbles furiously*
Yeah! I've just checked. The pumpkin offer is good till the 5th. But the good ones are gone. In fact the watermelons offer at sheng siong is still on but they didn't seems to replenished the existing lots. I've bought 3 watermelons so far so I'm good for quite a while.

Will remember to mix some choco chips in the batter the next time around. Thanks for the tip.
Duncerblur likes this.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #173
Supremacy Member

Anyone kena before a parcel which shows up as 'delivered' in the STINKPOST tracking system but you never received it at all? I just kena today
Old 03-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #174
Supremacy Member

The famous Chicken Rice ball is at Chung Wah, right at the corner next to the river & bridge.

Can you pt to which?

pic taken from https://maps.google.com.sg/maps/ms?m...784&dg=feature

Thanks
my msia fren intro me this!
Donald & Lily’s Authentic Nyonya Food, Melaka | sixthseal.com
most food were sold out by 1,2pm?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #175
Arch-Supremacy Member

They don't seems to make ovens like they do in the past. My grandma had a Baby Belling and they do last a really long time. I am actually not sure where it went to after she passed on. But when she was around, she enjoys baking those kueh lapis and cakes in the oven.

Built-in ovens are space saving particular now that homes are getting smaller but they can be troublesome when it comes to servicing and replacement.

Now we just go table top and just store them away when we don't need to use them for an extended period of time. After my toaster oven and microwave oven died, I just relied on my turbo broiler to do all my baking. Probably when that dies, I will look for a replacement. Hopefully that day never comes.
I am moving into a new place, that's why getting built-in instead of table top..
Hmm guess no one really use built-in..
Duncerblur likes this.
Lemon Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #176

I am moving into a new place, that's why getting built-in instead of table top..
Hmm guess no one really use built-in..
Congratulations on your new place. Sorry I was not more help but I hesitate to recommend a brand as it is quite subjective and it is best to google reviews. I will add that if you want a built-in, you should factor in how much and how you will be using it, besides the higher cost overall.

Will you be baking more? Or roasting? Or grilling? Who is doing most of the cooking? And cleaning? If you you bake more, you might want to consider your built-in at chest-level rather than shin-level. Most bakers like to eyeball their cakes/cookies and bake on multi-tray levels so having it at chest level is more convenient and safer. If you roast more, then shin-level might be wiser as it will be working at higher temperature for longer periods of time. The weight of the roast would probably be greater too so letting gravity work for you in removal might be safer than trying to manhandle it at chest level.

If you are having a built-in at a lower level, you might want to consider a self-cleaning oven since it is harder to clean than one at chest-level.

Also, if you have older folk who might be using the oven, you might also want to consider if a lower level built-in is practical for them.

Good luck and sorry if you could not get a definitive recommendation.
eddy2099sg and Isabella_ like this.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #177
Arch-Supremacy Member

Congratulations on your new place. Sorry I was not more help but I hesitate to recommend a brand as it is quite subjective and it is best to google reviews. I will add that if you want a built-in, you should factor in how much and how you will be using it, besides the higher cost overall.

Will you be baking more? Or roasting? Or grilling? Who is doing most of the cooking? And cleaning? If you you bake more, you might want to consider your built-in at chest-level rather than shin-level. Most bakers like to eyeball their cakes/cookies and bake on multi-tray levels so having it at chest level is more convenient and safer. If you roast more, then shin-level might be wiser as it will be working at higher temperature for longer periods of time. The weight of the roast would probably be greater too so letting gravity work for you in removal might be safer than trying to manhandle it at chest level.

If you are having a built-in at a lower level, you might want to consider a self-cleaning oven since it is harder to clean than one at chest-level.

Also, if you have older folk who might be using the oven, you might also want to consider if a lower level built-in is practical for them.

Good luck and sorry if you could not get a definitive recommendation.
Thanks a lot for your input. I never thought of it.. was just thinking more on the oven itself.
When I was at courts and harvey norman, the sales only asked me if I am going to bake or roast/grill.. Now I have a better idea on the placement.

Hmm.. shall research later..
Lemon Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:36 AM   #178
Master Member

seriously looks like curry puff lol. can try add curry potato, tuna, chicken inside next time

Zalora - 15% off, referral code ZBAP1kb
evoked87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:44 AM   #179
Supremacy Member

Check out this sexy loaf cooling its heels. My peasant Cheese and Sliced Almonds Bread.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:06 AM   #180
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone kena before a parcel which shows up as 'delivered' in the STINKPOST tracking system but you never received it at all? I just kena today
I had this happened to me from a non singpost courier but the item got to my door the following day. Possibly this is done by a 3rd party agent who gets paid only when the item is delivered.

Of course it is also possible that the courier delivered the box to the wrong address. You can contact the speedpost hotline and inquire about it and also contact iherb cso after 24 hours, just to be sure it never got to you.

Now it seems like they no longer require me to sign for the package which seems weird.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.