eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1iogso.jpg

Does this count?:D

Yeah it does. Haa haa. :)

Duncerblur

Reaction score
Toblerone can get from places like Valu$, three 200g bags for $10. NTUC, Giant n Sheng Siong also have them on offer sometimes, 3 bags for $9plus! Love the dark ones!

Yes, yes, me too! I actually bought the dark choccie Toblerone from some shop at the MRT station for less than $2, I think. I was actually eyeing the Cote D'or ones at the Choco Express.

bella_

Reaction score
finally my turn to bake bread lol
I wanted to try the recipe tt yan or duncerblur shared. tt requires covering the dough in a covered container while baking but i don't seem to have such wares.
anw I think I mixed a bit of jamie recipe w ching gma recipe tt mention putting a bowl of water in d oven n bake tgt.

How To Make Crusty Italian Bread - How To Cook Like Your Grandmother
Basic Bread | Bread Recipes | Jamie Oliver Recipes

gosh really hate working w dough. keep getting so sticky.
I brush my bread w melted butter b4 baking.oh ya I sprinkle some Oregon inside the flour too.

1800185_10152459234538085_7754089490261625796_n.jpg

it wasn't bbaguette crispy. but i did knock the bread to check I'd it's done. it gave off a nice sound thou. hard outside. hollow inside.
it taste.. like bread lor. haha

Last edited:

hcl_ching

Reaction score
Yes, yes, me too! I actually bought the dark choccie Toblerone from some shop at the MRT station for less than $2, I think. I was actually eyeing the Cote D'or ones at the Choco Express.

Cote D'or was my least favorite brand of bar chocolates when I was young. Preferred Cadbury as it was the creamiest followed by Van Houten. My dad loves chocolates so we could always find some bar or the other in the fridge back then!
Have not eaten or even seen Cote D'or for the longest time! Remember it used to come in bigger bars (200g?) for around $3..but that was close to 3 decades ago!:s13:

Duncerblur

Reaction score
I wanted to try the recipe tt yan or duncerblur shared. tt requires covering the dough in a covered container while baking but i don't seem to have such wares.
anw I think I mixed a bit of jamie recipe w ching gma recipe tt mention putting a bowl of water in d oven n bake tgt.

I brush my bread w melted butter b4 baking.oh ya I sprinkle some Oregon inside the flour too.

it wasn't bbaguette crispy. but i did knock the bread to check I'd it's done. it gave off a nice sound thou. hard outside. hollow inside.

It looks yummy! What's an Oregon? Besides the state, I mean.

hcl_ching

Reaction score

Well done! Gd job! Keep it up! :):s12:
Tis the season for bread making!
Let's see if I can turn off the lazy mode n join in the fun too!:D

Duncerblur

Reaction score
Cote D'or was my least favorite brand of bar chocolates when I was young. Preferred Cadbury as it was the creamiest followed by Van Houten. My dad loves chocolates so we could always find some bar or the other in the fridge back then!
Have not eaten or even seen Cote D'or for the longest time! Remember it used to come in bigger bars (200g?) for around $3..but that was close to 3 decades ago!:s13:

Oh dear, we're complete opposites. You could not get me to eat Van Houten if you killed me, even as a kid! I think Cadbury's is every kid's fave because they are sweet & so expansive in milk flavour that kids can immediately latch onto it. Cote D'or catered to a most adult palette so it had less milk content and more sophisticated flavours/additives. I happen to like dark chocolate and seldom eat milk chocolates so I was a Lindt, Cadbury's & Cote D'or muncher. I avoided Toblerone until they introduced the dark ones & then I was a goner. :s13:

OK, after lunch, Imma go attack the Toblerone in my fridge! I made a pumpkin, wolfberry, oysters & coriander porridge because my bones are aching like the blazes in this weather! Need comfort food ... come to me, Toblerone!

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya! i really hate sticky dough ;/

it looks really fluffy in the inside though!

Duncerblur

Reaction score
yea have to keep flouring my hands.
hmm quite fluffy but not those crystal jade bread fluffy haha

It's not the flouring that drives me barmy but that the dough somehow always gets into the nails no matter how short they are! Grrrrrr ... scrub ... grrrrr ...

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys?

i used to make this toasted bread with tomato and cheese i think. but i forget about it. any have any idea?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.