HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

Like Tree3661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2019, 10:31 PM   #8326
Arch-Supremacy Member

did iherb remove the loyalty credit program completely?
Old 12-09-2019, 01:21 AM   #8327
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have a missed delivery from cj logistic which i didnt know till i check my shipping status wtf.
And the time they came i was at home. Why didn't they even bother to call my hp number if they r here???
chompchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:04 AM   #8328

"Loyalty Credit Update:
Why am I not earning Loyalty Credit? - We have temporarily discontinued offering Loyalty Credits for orders you place, effective August 14, 2019.
For a limited time, existing Customers can use Promo Code: 10LOYALTY to save 10% instantly on their order when they spend $60 USD
Why can I not see the Loyalty Credit on my Dashboard? - This information was removed since we are not offering the option to earn Loyalty Credits. Any previous Loyalty Credits will still apply to your order when you go to check out.
When do my Loyalty Credits Expire? - 60 days from the date the Loyalty Credit was earned."
It seems that iHerb stopped their Loyalty program in August They say it's "temporarily discontinued" so who knows if they'll bring it back or not. They've been reducing their rebates and perks gradually over the years so this could be permanent.

However, they are having massive sales for the entirety of September. 23% off a category everyday. 23% Off Omega-3 Fish Oil today, ending 1am 13 Sept. Promo Code: 23OMEGA

We’re turning 23 and we’re ready to get the party started! All month long we’ll be taking 23% off a new category every day at 10 a.m. PT.

A new category sale will be published daily at 10 a.m. PT and end on the next day at 10 am PT. For the weekends, promos will be published on Friday and end on Monday at the same time.

Sincerely,
iHerb Team

Last edited by alcestis; 12-09-2019 at 06:24 AM..
alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:21 AM   #8329

I have a missed delivery from cj logistic which i didnt know till i check my shipping status wtf.
And the time they came i was at home. Why didn't they even bother to call my hp number if they r here???
CJ Logistics is pretty good with deliveries, if missed they will re-deliver the next day. Usually when I'm not home, they will call me/sms/whatsapp pictures of the parcel and where they left it. What is the shipping status of your order now? The "With Delivery Courier - 1st attempt" status just means that it's out for delivery and can take up to 2 days to be delivered, so maybe give it a few more days? This is the shipping status of my most recent order:

1 Flight out 06-Sep-2019 07:21
2 Arrival at Distribution Center 07-Sep-2019 10:13
3 Release to Processing Facility 07-Sep-2019 10:57
4 Received at Processing Facility 07-Sep-2019 11:27
5 Further processing at Delivery Base 07-Sep-2019 23:15
6 With Delivery Courier - 1st attempt 08-Sep-2019 02:25
7 Delivery Completed 08-Sep-2019 16:47

Last edited by alcestis; 12-09-2019 at 06:43 AM..
Old 12-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #8330

whats a good and cheap essential oil brand for air diffusers?
The cheapest brand of essential oil on iHerb is Now Foods.
Most of the common scents (Lavender, Tea Tree, Peppermint, Citronella, Lemongrass etc) range between $5 to $13. Quality is pretty decent, 10 drops is more than sufficient for a 300ml diffuser if you want a really strong scent.

Aura Cacia essential oils are slightly better quality than NF.
5 drops of AC is enough to match 10 drops of NF. They have a larger range so if you're looking for rarer scents, this is the brand to look for.

I've bought more than 15 types from NF and 15 from Aura Cacia, and overall find that NF oils tend to lean towards the sweeter/floral/lighter side. Eg. NF Lavender/Lemongrass is more floral compared to the herbal-ish smell of AC's Lavender/Lemongrass. The basic essential oils from both brands are good, it really depends on what kind of scent you prefer. They both have mini sets which can be cheaper during specials, just search "Essential Oils Kit" and it should pop up.

For more expensive oils like rose/jasmine/ylang ylang/frankincense, I recommend buying Aura Cacia because you really get what you're paying for, the Now Food ones are cheaper/have more volume but they have little to no smell when diffusing.

Whatever you choose, don't buy Cococare essential oils. I bought the Lavender and Peppermint and they actually made me nauseous. The peppermint also caused rashes on my skin, which I didn't get with the NF and AC peppermint oil. Not sure what's in them and price is comparable to NF so get NF instead.

The rest of the brands, I find that they are a little too expensive/over hyped/over branded for the quality of oil that you get. Hope this helped!

do you have a skincare routine? whats an affordable and good brand? been on a lookout for a good brand but so far everything that i tried is just meh!
Everyone's skin is unique and reacts differently to products so it's really trial and error to find products that suit your skin. It helps to determine what kind of skin type (dry, oil, combi?) and skin concerns (acne, pigmentation?) you have before looking for skincare that addresses those concerns.

I have oily/combi skin that is sensitive and acne-prone so I tend to use milder skincare products with lots of hydration instead of moisturisation. Some brands I like are Pyunkang Yul (basic hydration and calming), I'm From (they have several ranges addressing different concerns eg. Rice for brightening, Honey for purifying/moisturising, Mugwort for acne, Ginseng for anti-aging etc) and Some By Mi (acne/blackheads/whiteheads).

They're all available on iHerb but you might want to compare prices on Qoo10 and Shopee. Pyunkang Yul and Some by Mi usually cheaper there (unless there's a supersale on iHerb), but I'm From is about the same price so it might be better to wait for free shipping/promo codes on iHerb.

Last edited by alcestis; 12-09-2019 at 08:22 AM..
Old 13-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #8331

Any storewide promo code guys?

Wanna get iodine supplements, fishoil omega 3 ala supplement, vit b6/12, and selenium!
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 10:25 AM   #8332

iherb currently got 23% off for different items everyday

Does anybody know where to check what's the upcoming items for 23% off?
onizuka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #8333
Master Member

If you using their app, is on the banner. Upcoming ones, dunno. Only show current one.

iherb currently got 23% off for different items everyday

Does anybody know where to check what's the upcoming items for 23% off?
Lucky177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 02:08 PM   #8334

Has anyone noticed that prices for some items (beauty/supplements) increased like 10 - 20% in August? It seems that once the category 23% sale passes, prices revert back to their usual. Iherb may be be using the price increases to cancel out the discounts
Old 14-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #8335

So no more future loyalty credit? Or just for month of August? The 10LOYALTY didnít work despite my cart having $80+. And when I check out I didnít receive the message that I will earn $8 in my next order. Hmm
Same, no more loyalty credit and it seems permanent, any other user can confirm?
I made another purchase few days ago (Sep 9) and can confirm that there is no more Loyalty Credit. Sad, but also a big relief as I don't have to be stressed out by having to force myself to buy something within the 60 days expiry date. Not only stress but waste money on unnecessary things just to redeem that royalty credit and get free shipping by buying over US$40.

One way to save is to buy through those cashback sites such as ShopBack, RebatesMe, RebateMango, Rakuten. Each of them offers different cashback at different season. For now, Shopback is giving back 3%, RebatesMe 8%, RebateMango 5%, and Rakuten 2%.

So the best deal now is RebatesMe which is giving 8% cashback for iHerb, almost matching the obsolete iHerb 10% royalty credit.

And if you are new to RebatesMe and sign up using my link you get an additional US$5 in cashback now (sometimes US$10 -- this varies also at different season).

PM me if you need my RebatesMe link for an extra US$5 bonus on top of the 8% cashback.
herzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 11:13 PM   #8336

I made another purchase few days ago (Sep 9) and can confirm that there is no more Loyalty Credit. Sad, but also a big relief as I don't have to be stressed out by having to force myself to buy something within the 60 days expiry date. Not only stress but waste money on unnecessary things just to redeem that royalty credit and get free shipping by buying over US$40.

One way to save is to buy through those cashback sites such as ShopBack, RebatesMe, RebateMango, Rakuten. Each of them offers different cashback at different season. For now, Shopback is giving back 3%, RebatesMe 8%, RebateMango 5%, and Rakuten 2%.

So the best deal now is RebatesMe which is giving 8% cashback for iHerb, almost matching the obsolete iHerb 10% royalty credit.

And if you are new to RebatesMe and sign up using my link you get an additional US$5 in cashback now (sometimes US$10 -- this varies also at different season).

PM me if you need my RebatesMe link for an extra US$5 bonus on top of the 8% cashback.
What is the minimum payout and is it easy to cash out payment from RebatesMe? Mind pm-ing me your referral link?
Old Yesterday, 12:10 AM   #8337

What is the minimum payout and is it easy to cash out payment from RebatesMe? Mind pm-ing me your referral link?
This is summarised from RebatesMe FAQ:

When your accountís Payable cash back amount reaches a minimum of $20 (including bonus), you could request payment. And you can cash out to PayPal or your Credit Card. As for me, I cash out to CIMB CC.

PMed you.
herzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:14 AM   #8338

This is summarised from RebatesMe FAQ:

When your accountís Payable cash back amount reaches a minimum of $20 (including bonus), you could request payment. And you can cash out to PayPal or your Credit Card. As for me, I cash out to CIMB CC.

PMed you.
Cool, will give it a try. Thanks! 8% is really much higher than Shopback's 3%.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.