HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

Like Tree3667Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #1441

I discovered an awesome way to use up the purple sweet potatoes. I soaked them for a short while in water to cover & set aside some of the liquid. I boiled them in a little of the water with a pandan leaf & some lemongrass stalks till they are almost dry, then stirred in chopped gula melaka to make thick syrupy bundles. Then I heated up some of the soaking water, which is a pale purple, into coconut milk & let it all thicken to a light purple sauce. Which I poured over the purple sweet potatoes. Aboslutely yummy & pretty! Am being bad now by eating that instead of dinner.
Duncerblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #1442
Supremacy Member

don't buy this.. taste disgusting Neocell, Super Collagen, Type 1 & 3, 7 oz (198 g) - iHerb.com
I find it ok leh. But I added to milo and condensed milk so... I even added maca, cordyceps, etc.
Eien_kisu likes this.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #1443
Supremacy Member

More peasant bread. Mixed nuts (whole almond, sliced almond, hazelnuts) hemp seeds oats buns. It ended up a bit scone like probably because of the oats... but the taste is... I ate 3 at one go, couldn't stop.
eddy2099sg, Duncerblur and bella_ like this.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #1444
Master Member

Is Singapore affected by IHERB's increase in shipping prices?!

edit; just checked.. doesn't appear to be so.

COPIED FROM THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE:

To Our International Customers: We apologize that many of you are upset regarding our revised shipping costs for International Airmail. With the rise in cost to ship internationally, it has become more and more difficult for iHerb to subsidize the shipping charges for these shipping methods. Our international shipping costs are now based on weight and not just a flat fee.

However, we will be offering a 50% shipping discount for orders over $20 for International Airmail, which will hopefully offset our increased shipping costs.

Previously, we had offered a 50% shipping discount for orders over $40, but have changed it to the new offer above.

Last edited by xerref; 02-12-2014 at 12:39 PM..
xerref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #1445
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is Singapore affected by IHERB's increase in shipping prices?!

edit; just checked.. doesn't appear to be so.

COPIED FROM THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE:
It appears that it is just for airmail option which is not applicable to SG.

On a separate note, it appears that the free shipping above $60 is still there.
eddy2099sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #1446
Master Member

It appears that it is just for airmail option which is not applicable to SG.

On a separate note, it appears that the free shipping above $60 is still there.
haha yes! I was just abt to post taht!

Time to put in another order before they change their minds on the free shipping
Old 02-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #1447
Master Member

This is a long lengthy article on GM crops.. but well worth a read; Leading Activist Apologizes For Starting Anti-GMO Movement | Hawaii Reporter

To quote Norman Borlaug again: “I now say that the world has the technology — either available or well advanced in the research pipeline — to feed on a sustainable basis a population of 10 billion people. The more pertinent question today is whether farmers and ranchers will be permitted to use this new technology? While the affluent nations can certainly afford to adopt ultra low-risk positions, and pay more for food produced by the so-called ‘organic’ methods, the one billion chronically undernourished people of the low income, food-deficit nations cannot.”

As Borlaug was saying, perhaps the most pernicious myth of all is that organic production is better, either for people or the environment. The idea that it is healthier has been repeatedly disproved in the scientific literature. We also know from many studies that organic is much less productive, with up to 40-50% lower yields in terms of land area. The Soil Association went to great lengths in a recent report on feeding the world with organic not to mention this productivity gap
Old 02-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #1448

Ikea's X'mas promotions are here.

bella_ likes this.
Duncerblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #1449

This is a long lengthy article on GM crops.. but well worth a read; Leading Activist Apologizes For Starting Anti-GMO Movement | Hawaii Reporter
i guess this means soys are ok to consume?
Old 02-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #1450

@duncerblur

eyeing those woks & saucepan!
Duncerblur likes this.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:24 PM   #1451

ahhhh... i love xmas
Duncerblur likes this.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #1452
Master Member

@bella,

welp, the empirical evidence shows that GMO food is safe for consumption.. but ultimately it is up to you to decide.. but i think the main takeaway from the article is that GMO crops may have an undeserved bad reputation.

as for xmas.. my mom's now dropping hints for a breadmaker! can someone PLEASE PLEASE point me in the right direction? which brands are cheap and good?

she has her eye on this one; PANASONIC BREAD MAKER (360W) SDP104 Bread Maker - Courts Online Shopping

but 300+ for a toy that she use for 1 month then forget about it.. i abit heart pain :/

masterchef wizzy, which breadmaker are you using?

Last edited by xerref; 02-12-2014 at 04:53 PM..
Old 02-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #1453

why use bread maker ah?

oven cannot meh? pro bakers also dont use bread makers.
Eien_kisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #1454
Great Supremacy Member

where got sell deer placenta?
Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #1455

@bella,

welp, the empirical evidence shows that GMO food is safe for consumption.. but ultimately it is up to you to decide.. but i think the main takeaway from the article is that GMO crops may have an undeserved bad reputation.

as for xmas.. my mom's now dropping hints for a breadmaker! can someone PLEASE PLEASE point me in the right direction? which brands are cheap and good?

she has her eye on this one; PANASONIC BREAD MAKER (360W) SDP104 Bread Maker - Courts Online Shopping

but 300+ for a toy that she use for 1 month then forget about it.. i abit heart pain :/

masterchef wizzy, which breadmaker are you using?
ohh.. gd to hear. anw i noted that most soy products will state tt it comes from non-gmo origin thou.. not sure how accurate is that statement.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.