iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

Duncerblur

Reaction score
wow really easy!! can sub lamb for pork or chicken?

Ja, ja, this was taught to me by a Norwegian ship captain. He used to bring this to the office & one day, he offered me some & I was like woahhhh!! Gimme the recipe, for the love of God, man! :s13:

I never tried, really, but you need a very high fat content meat to counter the cabbage. Chicken may dry out too much in this type of cooking process unless you add fat to the dish. If you use pork, you might have to use the belly or some other fatty part. Er, I do not really eat pork so I cannot advise which cut would work.

Also, do not skimp on the peppercorn. I use a whole handful ... like I am grabbing rice, and then I still sprinkle some more for good measure.

bella_

Reaction score
Ja, ja, this was taught to me by a Norwegian ship captain. He used to bring this to the office & one day, he offered me some & I was like woahhhh!! Gimme the recipe, for the love of God, man! :s13:

I never tried, really, but you need a very high fat content meat to counter the cabbage. Chicken may dry out too much in this type of cooking process unless you add fat to the dish. If you use pork, you might have to use the belly or some other fatty part. Er, I do not really eat pork so I cannot advise which cut would work.

Also, do not skimp on the peppercorn. I use a whole handful ... like I am grabbing rice, and then I still sprinkle some more for good measure.
oh ok cool thanks!

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good places to get men formal wear that will not break the bank?

I am looking at the whole ensemble - suit, long sleeves, pants, tie and pocket square. Second choice would be some casual stylish jacket with long sleeves and pants. Third option would be just some stylish long sleeves with pants. Any ideas? I actually need them in a hurry so tailoring would probably not be an option (and that's probably pricey too)

Will stores usually be opened on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

TIA

bella_

Reaction score

I am looking at the whole ensemble - suit, long sleeves, pants, tie and pocket square. Second choice would be some casual stylish jacket with long sleeves and pants. Third option would be just some stylish long sleeves with pants. Any ideas? I actually need them in a hurry so tailoring would probably not be an option (and that's probably pricey too)

TIA

yeah now not like last time alrdy. most stores opn till late on Xmas eve. u go Robinson n c.. sometimes got gd deal. or marks n Spencer. . Zara. . 1 men's shirt around $80-$100

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

TIA

H&M seems to have suits but I'm not sure if it is what you looking for

Men | Blazers & Suits | H&M SG

Last edited:

bella_

Reaction score
hey duncerblur! I have tried it today w pork soft bones n spare ribs. omg totally don need stock n it's so tender!!

I layered like this..not sure if it's what u mean. and topped w more cabbage before putting on the lid

2ng7p6t.jpg

and done...aft around 2 hour + I did send in the oven during the last 30 mins.

10421127_10152525477653085_5991208775473382725_n.jpg

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eddy, did u pop by Song fish @Star Vista today? Anything left to buy or all cleaned out?

Yeah. Just opened. It's not say that crowded considering the NCC crowds.

They having a 5% off any purchase above $20.

295to3l.jpg

Last edited:

Duncerblur

Reaction score
hey duncerblur! I have tried it today w pork soft bones n spare ribs. omg totally don need stock n it's so tender!!

I layered like this..not sure if it's what u mean. and topped w more cabbage before putting on the lid

2ng7p6t.jpg

and done...aft around 2 hour + I did send in the oven during the last 30 mins.

10421127_10152525477653085_5991208775473382725_n.jpg

Yes, yes, that's exactly right! It's good, isn't it? Those Norwegians know food!

I don't even like pork that much but I am drooling! Yummy!

One thing though, they usually use whole black peppercorns. But I think it does not matter as long as it tastes fantastic ... unless you have a Norwegian over for dinner :p

bella_

Reaction score
Yes, yes, that's exactly right! It's good, isn't it? Those Norwegians know food!

I don't even like pork that much but I am drooling! Yummy!

One thing though, they usually use whole black peppercorns. But I think it does not matter as long as it tastes fantastic ... unless you have a Norwegian over for dinner :p

hahah yeah.
maybe I should try next time w whole black peppercorn.
my girl complain got pork smell.. maybe should put garlic

Duncerblur

Reaction score
hahah yeah.
maybe I should try next time w whole black peppercorn.
my girl complain got pork smell.. maybe should put garlic

Haha, I feel your daughter ... I am not keen on the pork smell too.

If you add garlic, isn't that going to be like bakuteh? LOL

The black peppercorns (you need to use a lot more than you did) should help alleviate the pork smell I think.

bella_

Reaction score
Haha, I feel your daughter ... I am not keen on the pork smell too.

If you add garlic, isn't that going to be like bakuteh? LOL

The black peppercorns (you need to use a lot more than you did) should help alleviate the pork smell I think.

lol!! yeah maybe should put a lot more black pepper.
luckily I can't smell tt pork smell

Would blanching the meat b4 use help?

ohh okay! I did soak in salt water thou. not sure if it helps ma

hcl_ching

Reaction score
Not durian season now so I guess not many plcs selling, but apart from Ah Seng, where else can I buy some now?

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Maybe you can try using baking soda and/or vinegar on the raw meat, let that soak awhile before rinsing it off prior to cooking them.

hcl_ching

Reaction score

My fren marinates it with rosemary, says gets rid of the porky smell..
What abt rubbing lemon over it? Lemon removes fishy smells so maybe can remove porky smells too! :D

bella_

Reaction score
My fren marinates it with rosemary, says gets rid of the porky smell..
What abt rubbing lemon over it? Lemon removes fishy smells so maybe can remove porky smells too! :D

okay! just bought some rosemary. can give it a try. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.