www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   IPPT pull up vs push up (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/ippt-pull-up-vs-push-up-5224422.html)

tom12sg 06-11-2015 05:44 PM

IPPT pull up vs push up
 
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

36 pull ups

vs

https://www.facebook.com/BarBrothers...type=3&theater

84 push ups

#BarBrothersSG #IPPT

super upper body strength! who can beat it :s13:

maxieb 06-11-2015 07:21 PM

Ask them do with slow negative see how many they can do

tom12sg 28-11-2015 06:52 PM

@maxieb
During training, we do bench press, dead lift, squat, etc.
Depend on training objective, we perform each rep, fast or slow,
or as you say slow negative.

During push up or pull up test, score is determine by reps in 1 minutes with proper form.
To do 84 push up , Strength, Speed, Endurance is a must.
who can beat it.

endlssorrow 28-11-2015 09:06 PM

Both is tough
But I like chin up more

DanielBrah 28-11-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxieb (Post 97783966)
Ask them do with slow negative see how many they can do

lanjiao la you talk like you can surpass them.

tom12sg 16-12-2015 08:49 PM

With the new scoring system, gold is very common.

Go For Gold (outdated)
Go For 100.

sha 17-12-2015 11:49 PM

I would do just enough to get 5 points, then stop. Beyond that, it's just ego.

tom12sg 19-12-2015 02:38 PM

May it be running, bench press, power lift...
Are you saying those who train to excel, heading towards ego?

When your friend ran 2.4km in 8 mins,
are you going to say " it's just ego" because you cannot do it?

Here, we are promoting, encouraging each others to - Be Their Best.


https://www.facebook.com/BarBrothers...type=3&theater
84 push ups
#BarBrothersSG #IPPT
super upper body strength! who can beat it.

Bel.SG 19-12-2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom12sg (Post 98733849)
When your friend ran 2.4km in 8 mins,
are you going to say " it's just ego" because you cannot do it?

well if he ran extra few laps to prove that he could, i would..
finishing earlier and continuing doing it for no absolute reason is totally different.
unless they only do the exercise once a year or something. why do it during a test.
oh yea to have it on paper so that they could post it.

Kangsg 19-12-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom12sg (Post 98733849)
May it be running, bench press, power lift...
Are you saying those who train to excel, heading towards ego?

When your friend ran 2.4km in 8 mins,
are you going to say " it's just ego" because you cannot do it?

Here, we are promoting, encouraging each others to - Be Their Best.


https://www.facebook.com/BarBrothers...type=3&theater
84 push ups
#BarBrothersSG #IPPT
super upper body strength! who can beat it.

He's right.

The point of IPPT is passing it or getting gold.
This is more important to them than you doing your PBs.
For excelling, call Guiness not the stout.

So if you do 36 pull ups when 12 pull ups is enough to get gold, you will get a pat on the back if you get gold.

But if you fail IPPT, you're really going to get it.
If you pass but can score gold, your reward for doing 36 pull ups is to redo your IPPT again & you will be told not to do 36 pull ups again.

And this is not anecdotal. The trainers & commanders will tell the men not to overdo the other stations. And I have done 2.4 km without the other stations before & the timing is better.

The exception is where some units have records & plaques providing the best timings for 2.4 km etc.

tom12sg 20-12-2015 05:58 PM

During training, we train longer, harder.
During test, one should go for Gold, better - aim for 100 or excel in any station.
Here, we are promoting, encouraging each others to - Be Their Best.

The instruction to the trainers & commanders is - encourage trainee to excel in all station. Not "not to overdo the other stations".

When someone make a posting on the social media, is to share, push each other to greater high. One should take it positively & try to surpass it.

84 push ups, that is more than 1 rep/ min.
That is super upper body strength!
who can beat it.

ketua 20-12-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom12sg (Post 98756963)
During training, we train longer, harder.
During test, one should go for Gold, better - aim for 100 or excel in any station.
Here, we are promoting, encouraging each others to - Be Their Best.

The instruction to the trainers & commanders is - encourage trainee to excel in all station. Not "not to overdo the other stations".

When someone make a posting on the social media, is to share, push each other to greater high. One should take it positively & try to surpass it.

84 push ups, that is more than 1 rep/ min.
That is super upper body strength endurance!
who can beat it.

Corrected for you.

sha 20-12-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom12sg (Post 98733849)
May it be running, bench press, power lift...
Are you saying those who train to excel, heading towards ego?

When your friend ran 2.4km in 8 mins,
are you going to say " it's just ego" because you cannot do it?

Here, we are promoting, encouraging each others to - Be Their Best.


https://www.facebook.com/BarBrothers...type=3&theater
84 push ups
#BarBrothersSG #IPPT
super upper body strength! who can beat it.

Good for you. Hey I'm not stopping you, by all means go ahead.

I'm speaking from a lao jiao POV, I would do just enough for the $500 incentive. I would rather save my energy for other aspects of my life.

Oh btw my 2.4km PB is 7:47 minutes, during my "ego" chao recruit days.

tom12sg 21-12-2015 06:17 PM

______________________________________

A person who outdo himself is an inspiration to us. Dr Mok Ying Ren ran 2.4km
under 8mins. That had inspired us to train harder.

A person who gives words of encouragement is an motivator. Simple words like
"Do Your Best" "Jia You" "You Can Beat it" do motivate one's to take the first step to try.

When someone make a posting on the social media, is to share, push each other to greater high. One should take it positively & try to surpass it.

A jealous/ selfish person gives ridiculous comments. There is a Chinese saying " 吃不到葡萄說葡萄酸 "
[describe someone who lacks the capacity to complete something, and defends their inability by saying it is not worth completing].

May it be ran 2.4km in 8mins, pull 36 reps, push 84 reps, u had inspired & motivated us. Thanks you for all your hard work, we appreciate.
_____________________________________

Here, we are promoting, encouraging each others to - Be Their Best.
https://www.facebook.com/BarBrothers...type=3&theater 84 push ups
super upper body strength, endurance, speed! who can beat it.
_____________________________________

@sha "rather save my energy for other aspects of my life"
haha, you go gym workout to save energy?

"btw my 2.4km PB is 7:47 minutes"
haha, we all know the hard truth.

@Bel.SG "finishing earlier and continuing doing it for no absolute reason"
"finishing earlier" IPPT consist of 3 stations: 2 station is 1min each,
2.4km about 8-15mins. Does a few minutes matter?

"continuing doing it for no absolute reason" every week go gym,
sets after sets, reps after reps, do you know your reason?

Jay Bee 22-12-2015 09:07 AM

ippt who get more $$ who win horkay.....


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.