HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lasik eye Surgery

Like Tree205Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2020, 12:57 AM   #2176

Any reviews on Dr Gerard Nah from W eye clinic?
Qazplm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #2177

Hey! I’ve just had my Relex Smile (no collagen linking) done about 10 days ago at EEC. For me my left eye is still blurry with some degree and astig but right eye sees well at 20/20 now. During my post op 1 week checkup I checked with the doc on why my left eye was blurry but didn’t really get any specific answer except that my eyes are healing well and it depends on how my body heals. I was quite worried as well but I have read other accounts of varying recovery rates for people.

Just wondering did anyone here still have degree and astig post op and still managed to recover well etc? My left eye experienced suction loss towards the end of the procedure, but the doc told me still can continue cause it was towards the end. Not sure if it’s a contributing factor to the healing.

Also, hope it gets better for you too - agree with not reading too much of the horror stories online, those really don’t help. 😅 I just tell myself to be patient and not be too obsessive with checking my vision all the time.
Oh I see! Good to hear you are recovering well! Seems like without corneal strengthening, vision heals alot faster! I'm almost post 3 weeks, but vision is still blurry. It's equal on both eyes. So I'm hoping it will be better after another week.
pin.xiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #2178

Old 18-10-2020, 10:10 AM   #2179

hello! I did my SMILE at SNEC this Feb! My right eye was 10.75, so post-degree still has a degree of about 0.75 left (probably did increased in the past months) doctor did say might take some time to stabilise

Post-lasik, my eyes did experience occasionally stinging but doctor said it was normal - the eyes aren’t used to the exposure to the light yet! Just rest more and follow the medications as prescribed

Used to have dry eyes pre-lasik due to conjunctivitis a couple of years ago and was very heavily reliant on eye drops, post-lasik likewise just spammed eye drops haha

But now it’s recovering quite well and I barely need eye drops unless I’m in air-conditioned/dusty places for prolonged periods

Hey! I’ve just had my Relex Smile (no collagen linking) done about 10 days ago at EEC. For me my left eye is still blurry with some degree and astig but right eye sees well at 20/20 now. During my post op 1 week checkup I checked with the doc on why my left eye was blurry but didn’t really get any specific answer except that my eyes are healing well and it depends on how my body heals. I was quite worried as well but I have read other accounts of varying recovery rates for people.

Just wondering did anyone here still have degree and astig post op and still managed to recover well etc? My left eye experienced suction loss towards the end of the procedure, but the doc told me still can continue cause it was towards the end. Not sure if it’s a contributing factor to the healing.

Also, hope it gets better for you too - agree with not reading too much of the horror stories online, those really don’t help. �� I just tell myself to be patient and not be too obsessive with checking my vision all the time.

Last edited by dellley; 18-10-2020 at 03:04 PM..
dellley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 11:12 AM   #2180
Supremacy Member

The new tech reduces the occurrence of permanent halo vision?
rabbit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 11:47 AM   #2181
Arch-Supremacy Member

hello! I did my SMILE at SNEC this Feb! My right eye was 10.75, so post-degree still has a degree of about 0.75 left (probably did increased in the past months) doctor did say might take some time to stabilise

Post-lasik, my eyes did experience occasionally stinging but doctor said it was normal - the eyes arenít used to the exposure to the light yet! Just rest more and follow the medications as prescribed

Used to have dry eyes pre-lasik due to conjunctivitis a couple of years ago and was very heavily reliant on eye drops, post-lasik likewise just spammed eye drops haha

But now itís recovering quite well and I barely need dye drops unless Iím in air-conditioned/dusty places for prolonged periods
What is smile?
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #2182

What is smile?
Here! Just a small incision instead of creating an entire flap https://www.snec.com.sg/patient-care...ry-relex-smile
Old 18-10-2020, 11:34 PM   #2183

Post-lasik, my eyes did experience occasionally stinging but doctor said it was normal - the eyes aren’t used to the exposure to the light yet! Just rest more and follow the medications as prescribed

But now it’s recovering quite well and I barely need eye drops unless I’m in air-conditioned/dusty places for prolonged periods
Hi, did u do x-linking? And how long did it take your vision to be clear?
Old 19-10-2020, 02:21 PM   #2184

Hi, did u do x-linking? And how long did it take your vision to be clear?
hi! no i didn't! i did the surgery in end-feb and it took about 2 months to be clear (no more glaring/halo effects) and i slowly ditch the constant dropping of eye-drops, just used the medicated drops as prescribed.
Old 19-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #2185

hi! no i didn't! i did the surgery in end-feb and it took about 2 months to be clear (no more glaring/halo effects) and i slowly ditch the constant dropping of eye-drops, just used the medicated drops as prescribed.
Ohh! For the 2 months, besides glaring/halo effects at night, was your vision blur during the day as well? Like vision wasn't as clear as you wear specs before the surgery?
Old 19-10-2020, 10:57 PM   #2186

Ohh! For the 2 months, besides glaring/halo effects at night, was your vision blur during the day as well? Like vision wasn't as clear as you wear specs before the surgery?
Might be abit blurry in the day esp after spending long hours on computer etc, and occasional stinging which got better after a few weeks. Doc said probably as the eye is used to the exposure to the light yet.

Also air-con environment, it will be very dry, so really dependent on eye drops for awhile

my degree was 9.50/10.75 before and still very blurry with specs + because the specs itself it very heavy & thick so vision is not super clear HAHA i usually wear contacts (of a lower power, as its closer to the eyes) and it's much clearer than specs
Old 20-10-2020, 11:19 AM   #2187

Might be abit blurry in the day esp after spending long hours on computer etc, and occasional stinging which got better after a few weeks. Doc said probably as the eye is used to the exposure to the light yet.

Also air-con environment, it will be very dry, so really dependent on eye drops for awhile

my degree was 9.50/10.75 before and still very blurry with specs + because the specs itself it very heavy & thick so vision is not super clear HAHA i usually wear contacts (of a lower power, as its closer to the eyes) and it's much clearer than specs
I see.. seems like relex smile takes longer to recover and obtain perfect vision. It's around post one month for me. But my vision is still blurry/hazy. It's definitely not 6/6 vision. Hopefully it gets better for me!
Old 20-10-2020, 03:12 PM   #2188
Supremacy Member

Smile corrects myo and astig. This https://www.doctorxdentist.com/compl...asik-singapore has cost estimation for Lasik surgeries as well
Sapphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 07:39 PM   #2189

Hi, any one went eec for icl b4? Whats the cost like?
Was recommended by another doc to go for icl due to thin corneal(498) & about 750degree. And if willing to undertake the risk of ectasia, can do prk with cxl.
So far anyone with thin corneal n high myopia has done prk?

Last edited by missyjas; 20-10-2020 at 07:42 PM..
missyjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 10:43 PM   #2190

Hi, can I have promo code for the various clinics (ie. Clearvision, Shingawa, EEC)? Unable to Pm anyone as I am new here. Thanks a lot in advance!
Chiazh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.