HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lasik eye Surgery

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #1306

W Eye Clinic Dr Gerard Nah

Anyone has any experience with Dr Gerard Nah from W Eye Clinic, Suntec?
claudloong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 10:55 AM   #1307

I just got rejected by Dr Lee at Shinagawa for lasik due to my high myopia (around 800 for both eyes), high astigmatism (around 200 for both eyes), slightly below average corneal thickness at around 525 and steeper corneal curvature (higher risk for ectasia if I rmb correctly).

He also calculated my remaining corneal thickness after lasik to be 279 and his minimal is 280. I read online that the general minimal thickness is 250 but Dr Lee kept emphasising that he is a very conservative doctor so I guess I should just trust my doctor and accept the fate that I am not suitable for lasik Very sad and disappointed but I still highly recommend Dr Lee from Shinagawa as I can feel that he really cares about his patient instead of just wanting to earn money from the lasik surgery.
Woah my myopia also ard 800 for both eyes. Means cannot do Lasik?
Boliaolah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 10:45 PM   #1308

Hi,

I am going for lasik assessment at eec with Dr Julian theng soon and am thinking of doing the intralase bladeless option.

Just wondering if there is any referral fees and how much are they?
Also, how many days of medical leave will i get?

I asked the receptionist but she declined to tell me the referral fees amount and that 2days of medical leave is given.
machoguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:45 AM   #1309

been contemplating for a long time... I'm a photographer so it's a bit scared, in case the lasik cause any complications to my eyes.
investccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #1310

Just did intralase lasik at shinagawa eye centre by dr lee.

Has been almost a week since the surgery, tomorrow going back for 1 week review.

Eyes recovery is on track
glacieraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:10 PM   #1311

Just did intralase lasik at shinagawa eye centre by dr lee.

Has been almost a week since the surgery, tomorrow going back for 1 week review.

Eyes recovery is on track
Hi can you pm me the referral? I'm going for the assessment this Thursday and also pree-booked the surgery for next week.
Swinescanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:12 AM   #1312

Hi can you pm me the referral? I'm going for the assessment this Thursday and also pree-booked the surgery for next week.
Have pmed you
glacieraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:01 PM   #1313

Have pmed you
Awesome, thanks so much!
Swinescanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:38 AM   #1314

Went down to eec today for pre lasik assessment.
My cornea is thick enough for bladeless wavefront lasik.
But dr Theng suggested that I do collagen cornea cross linking due to my rather steep cornea.

His reasons were that: 10-20% chance that my steep cornea is due to soft cornea which could worsen if I do not strengthen it.

Is it really tt serious? I was bent on just doing lasik. This cross linking threw me off as I have Nv looked into it before.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:58 PM   #1315

Hi, intending to do Epi-lasik or ICL (if necessary) at eagle eye care! Anyone has any recommendations for the doctors there? 😊
BUYSELLTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #1316

Hi, intending to do Epi-lasik or ICL (if necessary) at eagle eye care! Anyone has any recommendations for the doctors there? ��
Hi,

I consulted Dr Julian Theng. I think he is good. professional and clear.
Old 16-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #1317
Master Member

Hello, can I get a pm for referral for shinagawa eye centre? Going for assessment soon.
What're the referral benefits?
chronorec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 02:52 AM   #1318

Hi can I also get a pm for referral for shinagawa eye centre? Thank u
Rushhour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 07:51 PM   #1319

Just went for my lasik surgery + cornea cross linking this morning at EEC.

Was the first patient for the day. Ate five pills in total. Panadol thingy and gastro pills (need to chew before swallowing. Yucky) Suited up.
Assistant dropped numbing eye drops, antibiotics eye drops and applied iodine on my eyelids.

I enquired about the procedure with the assistant .

Was ushered into the operating theatre soon.
Dr Theng went through the whole process with me.

Right eye first:
Pasted like a sticker over my eye then some instrument to keep my eye open. Shortly, the clamp came down (pupil should be looking down at this point of time) and total darkness ensued in my that eye. U can feel some pressure and discomfort but it was manageable. Then the lasik procedure started. Key thing is to focus on the green light. Vision went blurred and thatís when u smell some burnt smell. After that, doctor sprayed some yellow brown liquid into my eye and I was shifted over to the UV light machine for cross linking. Focus on.red light.
All along, the assistants will be dropping saline water to wash and hydrate ur eyes.

Repeat for left eye. My left eye felt more pain and discomfort during the clamping. And subsequently during the lasik procedure, my reflex was also stronger due to the stinging sensation. But just keep focusing on green light.

Lasik ended. Things now look much clearer with previously without specs. Just v hazy. Took the mandatory picture with dr Theng.
Was whisked outside where itís packed now. Rested awhile.
Proceed with payment. Was given the sunglasses - wear when outside, protective glasses - so that u Dn subconsciously rub ur eyes, two boxes of fake tears - one drop per eye every fifteen mins for the first hour and as necessary when needed. I kiasu. I dropped one drop per eye every hour after that, two eye drops - once every three hours with a five minute interval for The Eye to absorb.

I left the clinic after two hours from my appointment time. Not much discomfort or pain at this point of time.

When I was home, four hours after my appointment time when I was having my lunch, I kept tearing and felt the stinging sensation in both eyes. It was just constantly there for quite some time. Couldnít really open my eyes. Dropped The Eye drops and I quickly went to sleep.
The discomfort and stinging pain was gone when I woke up. Just felt dry.

So the whole day, I just sleep and sleep and dropped eye drops.
Hopefully 6/6 vision comes soon!
Old 18-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #1320

Hi! Can I get a pm for referral for Shinagawa Eye Centre? I will appreciate it with thanks!
yunanlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.