Lean or bulky?Post your pictures please.

derrickgyn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's mine 11 months back
20April20102.jpg

And now
9June2011PWO.jpg

cowed77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Choco it's red ball shorts la hahah. Me no sexy Ng teh kor la.

Wah Derrick damn good job u did. Props. How u get that ridiculous lat thingy sia. It's like suddenly flare out one hahaha.

Bear943

Reaction score
@ Derrick

damn man - good freaking job!!! you put on size and lost fat at the same time!!!

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
Lower body / leg photos seem quite rare in general. Most of the time I think the interest is in a muscular upper body :D

ROCKET LAUNCHER

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quick update. 61.5kg, deadlifts and rows up since previous picture was taken. nothing different overall. arms still chopsticks

lat spread

2rgnbf6.jpg

back double bis

2rxz8uc.jpg

:)

:(

Last edited:

Bear943

Reaction score
quick update. 61.5kg, deadlifts and rows up since previous picture was taken. nothing different overall. arms still chopsticks

Arms are a funny animal at least to me. I got them to a decent size primarily with compound movements with a few sets of barbell curls and PJRs at the end of the workout but got them bigger by having an arm day by itself or with shoulders. Would usually do something like this

exbar curls
close grip bench/dips depending on how i feel
hammer curls - higher reps
PJRs - higher rep range
preacher dubell curls for the pumpz - high reps
press downs high reps

This worked well to get them to above 19 prior to the fasting month though :s13:

ROCKET LAUNCHER

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't do too much bicep work since it really kills my mood, and i find it a chore. hit them with reverse grip rows though

for triceps i do close grip presses and press downs as well. for cgbp i used to struggle with 35kg but now i'm doing 45kg with ease, and a rep or 2 at 50kg with 75% ROM. no mass to show for that strength gain though.

if arms are a funny animal to you, they are mind-blowing to me :s13:

Last edited:

Bear943

Reaction score
don't do too much bicep work since it really kills my mood, and i find it a chore. hit them with reverse grip rows though

for triceps i do close grip presses and press downs as well. for cgbp i used to struggle with 35kg but now i'm doing 45kg with ease, and a rep or 2 at 50kg with 75% ROM. no mass to show for that strength gain though.

same sentiments on biceps. for cgbp I go up to 3.5plts per side for some days for a few reps full rom but i do like doing them dead stop a few inches from the chest resting on the restraints its harder for me this way n i use less weight.

press downs are usually with a rope n high reps 15-25. just keep at it n ther will be some growth

derrickgyn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went batsh*t crazy once and did 10x10 for 2 exercises for tris. Once a week for 3 weeks. Thereafter I got myself some pretty noticeable stretch marks :s13::s13:

rundymc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Time to bulk then.

cowed77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Damn u are one big mofo man. Nicely done.

Time to cut abit! I know u tried a few times alr, but if u can't do it properly urself mayb ask for some help from professionals?

Bear943

Reaction score
@Spartanz
Has your strength improved?
If you feel fat or generally like crap, introduce some sort of interval training. Maybe on your off days, do some hill sprints etc but do not go overboard till it becomes detrimental to your size and strength gains.

Spartanz.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@Spartanz
Has your strength improved?
If you feel fat or generally like crap, introduce some sort of interval training. Maybe on your off days, do some hill sprints etc but do not go overboard till it becomes detrimental to your size and strength gains.
Strength definitely improved after injury. More or less 80 % to my preinjury strength. But I m going easy on my back for now .... I should go on a fat loss routine now? I m Actually planning to hit 78kg before i start fat loss prog though I feel fat lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.