HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lose weight

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #1

Lose weight

hi, i am trying to lose 1kg per week, is that feasible/too much/too little? and i want it to be permanent, no yo yo effect.

what are some exercises i can do? i have a big field right infront of my house, no money for gym or any equipment, only can afford cost free exercise like running

running might be a problem for me though since i am so fat and i get so breathless after a minute. what are some suitable exercise i can do?

diet wise? what should i eat and how much should i eat?

i tried countless of times to lose weight but in the end... no motivation and cant suppress my hunger and desire
pony852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cut down on carbs like rice, bread, biscuits, noodles and pastries a and especially sugar.

Start with brisk walking (not leisurely stroll) 3 times a week.

Alternatively search YouTube for Tabatha workouts for beginners. Don't worry if can't keep up. Slowly build up.

Need to build this into your lifestyle permanently. There's no quick fix. Need to keep it up for the long term.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by s7460597; 01-06-2017 at 11:10 AM..
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #3

Remember to lose weight your calorie intake should be lower than your recommended daily calorie intake
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kittypryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

1. You can't outrun a bad diet. work on it.
took me 2 wks to get used to a new diet: cut out all sugar drinks. only have carbs in the morning. have an early and small portion dinner - this is very important.

2. You need to start exercising, no matter how small.
EVen doing push ups is an exercise. don't just think about running. HIIT will work very fast but u will need to slowly find more exercises to do. you can do burpees - the easiest. 20 sec cheong, 10 sec rest. do 4 sets. then rest 1 min. then go 4 sets again. that's just 5 mins. don't tell me u cannot spare 5 mins a day for this. when u feel more comfy then move on to other things.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
yattokame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:46 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, i am trying to lose 1kg per week, is that feasible/too much/too little? and i want it to be permanent, no yo yo effect.

what are some exercises i can do? i have a big field right infront of my house, no money for gym or any equipment, only can afford cost free exercise like running

running might be a problem for me though since i am so fat and i get so breathless after a minute. what are some suitable exercise i can do?

i tried countless of times to lose weight but in the end... no motivation and cant suppress my hunger and desire
Use my fitness apps to help you count your calories, you need to include every damn thing you eat and drink. One cup of Teh Terik is about 142kcal, every damn thing adds up.

Read the book "Fight the fat" written by Dr Ben Tan.
It will teach you how to calculate the amount of Kcal you need to eat daily. So don't exceed that.
There is a table indicate how much kcal does each exercise burn.

Avoid eating carbs, it will make you hungry. You still need carb, eat more meat to make you feel full. Eggs also make you feel full.

Give yourself two weeks to adjust.

Some forum suggest taking 5 htp supplement to make you feel happy and you will eat less, never try that....

Go to doctor to ask for medication to help with weight loss... written in the book "Fight the fats".

If you are lazy to exercise, walking is easy to do... burns fats also... do Long walk 1hr at least. My ex- colleague whose job is to walk around the premise as security duties claimed he lost 5kg from walking... but he needs to walk at least 3 hrs each day. Walking is good, do more walking.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Konnichiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #6

1. You can't outrun a bad diet. work on it.
took me 2 wks to get used to a new diet: cut out all sugar drinks. only have carbs in the morning. have an early and small portion dinner - this is very important.

2. You need to start exercising, no matter how small.
EVen doing push ups is an exercise. don't just think about running. HIIT will work very fast but u will need to slowly find more exercises to do. you can do burpees - the easiest. 20 sec cheong, 10 sec rest. do 4 sets. then rest 1 min. then go 4 sets again. that's just 5 mins. don't tell me u cannot spare 5 mins a day for this. when u feel more comfy then move on to other things.
I always feel hungry if i dont eat carbs. How do you eat more protein if you eat out? More meat from the cai png stall?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
little pencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 05:10 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

I always feel hungry if i dont eat carbs. How do you eat more protein if you eat out? More meat from the cai png stall?
Why don't u do meal prep. Buy more lean meat like pork loin, chicken breast. Easy plus more full
~Dragonite~ likes this.
saiyan2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 07:54 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why don't u do meal prep. Buy more lean meat like pork loin, chicken breast. Easy plus more full
Agree, need to replace carb with other stuff. 3 groups carb, protein and fats. To reduce carbs which mostly are hgi increase protein and fats. Fats meaning healthy fats or more oily fish etc.

Need to change thinking from eating till full to 80%.

Can't out run a bad diet.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by s7460597; 17-07-2017 at 10:50 AM..
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 11:00 AM   #9

I dropped my waistline from 38 to 33.5 in around 6 months via swimming. So i can tell you that works but you have gradually increase the distance and intensity

At first i can only do breaststroke for 25m and i have to stop. Repeat 10 times and im done.

I kept swimming 3-4 times a week and can do 1km at 1 go by 2nd month

Switched to freestyle and made 1km 4th month

Now i can do 2km easy plus 5 x 200m sprints in 1 session. 3-5 times a week.

For me set yourself a target. Run 5km without stopping or swim 2km nonstop. When u rch the target, u should have lost weight.

Just keep doing it. Ate normally throughout

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Supersloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #10

Hi, I can guide you in losing weight thru a combination of diet and exercise. I am doing it for FOC. I myself have proven to lose 12kg within 5 months. My health stats are within a good range. I have recently completed Spartan Super race (14km + 25obstacles) in 2hr44min as compared 1hr42min with Spartan Sprint (6km + 20 obstacles).

why am I doing it FOC: I need to find meaningful things to do and I found that I can share my experience and knowledge in fitness and keeping healthy. I am researcher so I tend to read more and believe in numbers than myth.

If you wish to find out more, you may contact me

Regards
blueion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2018, 11:52 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

One mcd meal is enough calorie for your whole day
testerjp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 10:17 AM   #12
Supremacy Member

Intermittent fasting.
N exercise.
Less carb.
If u need to eat rice, use black, red or brown rice.

I los 1kg a week.

Sent from 风雨中抱紧自由 using GAGT
zzt231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #13

Hello pony852,

I think you'll find this an interesting read https://www.vox.com/2018/1/3/1684543...-burn-calories

The infographics are especially helpful at putting the numbers into perspective.

From a science/research point of view, most of weight loss come from dietary changes. Exercise alone is unlikely to contribute.

Hope this helps!
Old 29-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #14

Thanks for sharing the link - interesting!
Old 14-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #15

What’s best way to get rid of tummy fat plz? Have tried intense diet - but seem that all my fats are stored there hehe
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.