HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Pain during tooth filling. Anaethesia?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2019, 12:42 AM   #1

Pain during tooth filling. Anaethesia?

Hi all,

Will you request for numbing gel and local anaesthessia before cavity filling?

I did composite fillings before in the past and during the cleaning of decay step, my tooth feel uncomfortable and sensitive but still tolerable. But when i did it again today on another tooth (molar), it's painful. So it must be that the cavity is deeper that reaches the nerves. In reaction to the sudden pain, i jerked and moved my head. Dentist asked me to try to bear with it and said that what i did was dangerous. But no choice, it's a natural reaction as i am very pain intolerant. I didn't expect it to be painful base on past experience

I asked around and was told that for fillings don't require anaethesia. But pain, how?

Anyone had anaethesia administered by dentist before filling? How much extra do you think they will charge for the anaethesia?
Nipponho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 04:53 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

I used to bear good pains in the past but not anymore.

Think 1 filling is $80 - $100 for me. They will numb with cream then injection. Tooth angel @clarke quay.

I tried some other dentists like Q&M and I think it's quite bad.
kebinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 06:36 PM   #3

Hi all,

Will you request for numbing gel and local anaesthessia before cavity filling?

I did composite fillings before in the past and during the cleaning of decay step, my tooth feel uncomfortable and sensitive but still tolerable. But when i did it again today on another tooth (molar), it's painful. So it must be that the cavity is deeper that reaches the nerves. In reaction to the sudden pain, i jerked and moved my head. Dentist asked me to try to bear with it and said that what i did was dangerous. But no choice, it's a natural reaction as i am very pain intolerant. I didn't expect it to be painful base on past experience

I asked around and was told that for fillings don't require anaethesia. But pain, how?

Anyone had anaethesia administered by dentist before filling? How much extra do you think they will charge for the anaethesia?
i was injected with anaethesia in the gum area near the tooth that required deep fillings, no extra charges. it was a very weird feeling thou cause i cant feel a thing until it wear off lol.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.