Please give me a review of Fitness first

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry bro, just met my GF and saw her card.
Basket she True Fitness one la, still tell me FF then i come give you review...

So sorry :(

But then, the guy that pulled her into TF recently hopped over to FF and texted me, because i mentioned about finding a new gym. Was quoted about 150 ~ 190 per month, though he did say that there are more outlets with better facilities.
154 for 2yrs. 170 for 1 yr

TF n FF blut blur cannot recognised? Your gf went how long liao lol.

Heard TF gg soon

Sent from Sony E6853 using GAGT

PrometheusIV

Reaction score
Hey Layers,

Drop me a PM. FF have other options for you to explore if you don't require an all access gym.

galapogos

Reaction score
Any idea if FF membership is transferable?

Also, what kind of prices/packages have members been able to get, such as lower rates, waiver of joining fee, more freebies?

teckgamer

Reaction score
In order of price and my opinion
Gymboxx = feels like a zouk out. If you have the means, skip this and opt for a higher price point gym. It's too affordable and hence the immense crowd.
AF = best 24 hour gym and convenient for me. Might get crowded, just go super early. I gym at 530am and loving it
FF = good gym but sadly not 24 hours, most girls go to the classes. Encountered a pushy sales stuff so not my cup of tea
Virgin Active = best experience encountered, a high end gym feel. Very expensive, but you get what you paid for.

Coless

Reaction score
FF weekend evening times is crowded..espacially monday evening exception of friend evening..i usually go in the morning like 7am. OTOT nobody bothers.

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Anybuttie joined the new Pure Fitness at Taka riao (the old carryfornia rocation at 8th fl)? Opened riao??

interchill

Reaction score
DO NOT JOIN FITNESS FIRST!

Warning! DO NOT JOIN FITNESS FIRST!! Why? I am a competitive sportsman and a white collar employee. Was paying $160 a month for their lousy service. Why lousy? Because the staff are all liars.

I travel here and there, which is why i signed up, so guess what: in europe YOU DONT GET ATTIRE, TOWEL OR EVEN WATER. u have to pay a couple of euros for a bottle of water.

Service is inconsistent. Was not informed beforehand. Some branches dont provide attire, others close early even on weekends.

A month before i wanted to quit, one staff told me i can only quit in the next month. A month later, i was suddenly informed that you need one month advance notice to quit. The rude response given was "well you should have remembered that when you sign up!"

Despite being given wrongful information by their own staff, they still continued to charge my card.

One last thing, lucky i avoided it but fees for existing members suddenly went up. Your membership is not final. They will tweak the cost as and when they like.

You will be better off going somewhere else and using the difference in money to buy your sporting gear which you can use elsewhere.

If you want a cheaper way, sign up for fitness first overseas in indonesia or other countries, where they only charge 40 per month and get the international pass to use the gyms here.

Ignore their promotions like free one week or free one month or free 4 personal training. All gyms offer this.

I wrote this to warn others so they wont make the same mistake i did. Avoid fitness first!

At that price, heck you can even sign up anytime fitness ($100/m)and true fitness ($70/m) at the same time.

Fitness first is also just full of executives sitting down on the machine to play with their phones taking selfies etc. If that is the fitness environment you want, go ahead.

axxomarketing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FF JAKARTA charges 70 sgd per mo. and you can go for almost all FF branch in sg except paragon (limited to 20 visits per year?). the rest of the branches...u can go in with zero limit unofficially.

Last edited:

axxomarketing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO....FF is a shite gym..over crowded....machines are always occupied. unless u go in non office hours.

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
If activesg gyms and private gyms are equally crowded, then why do people still pay 30x the amount to join?

axxomarketing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If activesg gyms and private gyms are equally crowded, then why do people still pay 30x the amount to join?

i have a theory on that.

hot girls love to join upscale gyms in the hope to meet financially stable men.

so men due to our biological needs of procreation, we sign up for these gyms in the hope of getting women.

this creates an endless circle....hence, the more premium the gym is, the higher quality members it gets.

mr_gaz

Reaction score
FF is not cheap. But ok for me as most outlets provide attire and towel. The shower facilities is gd.
Quite convenience too as there are many outlets in sg. Some have swimming pools too.
I dont join the classes but i suppose some ppl join FF for their classes.

axxomarketing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FF is not cheap. But ok for me as most outlets provide attire and towel. The shower facilities is gd.
Quite convenience too as there are many outlets in sg. Some have swimming pools too.
I dont join the classes but i suppose some ppl join FF for their classes.

i dont like to share attire and towel with other men. bring my own lah everytime.

galapogos

Reaction score
FF it overpriced, but in some areas, they're a monopoly, so bo pian, such as Mapletree Business City.

Mr Brown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eFbhzc3.jpg

free drinks, wfi and chio bus

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.