HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Protein g/kg bodyweight

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2020, 01:34 PM   #1

Protein g/kg bodyweight

Hey all, looking to bulk up slightly after a long period of cardio. Wondering how much grams of protein / kg of bodyweight I should take.

I eat mostly vegs with 2 eggs per day, any advice on how much grams of protein powder I should supplement with?
zmallwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:46 PM   #2
Master Member

You can start by knowing your TDEE first.
https://damnripped.com/tdee-calculator/

From there you can try adjusting your protein intake, to see how it affects your weight gain.

This video might help you judge how much protein you need to consume.

Use both information from the video, and TDEE calculator to help you with your weight gain journey.

All the best.
Aizenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:47 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

2.2g/kg lean muscle. means if you weigh 60kg with 20% body fat, 106g protein per day. 2 eggs are like 12g protein

dont rely on protein powder. eat real foods instead.
Tony_Chua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 04:58 PM   #4
Master Member

for weight gaining, how much carbs and protein shld we consume? (% wise)
poorboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:12 PM   #5

Hey all, looking to bulk up slightly after a long period of cardio. Wondering how much grams of protein / kg of bodyweight I should take.

I eat mostly vegs with 2 eggs per day, any advice on how much grams of protein powder I should supplement with?
Hi! Do you consume other protein throughout the day as well? To gain weight you will need to look at your overall caloric intake and expenditure. If your intake>expenditure, you will gain weight and vice versa. If you don't eat much meat, you can go for tofus and nuts for protein as well. There is a recommendation below but you can experiment by keeping a food log as there are variations between individuals. You can then supplement with protein powder to hit your daily intake.
Valour94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.