RESMED for sleep apnea? Any comments?

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
300ish. Bloody expensive. Paid coz was covered by coy on wellness program.

I chose it coz it's most comfy n in a mouth breather. Maybe it looks the best. And I saw some replacement parts at decent price for sale..so it makes sense. I wanted the gel base one. Cheaper but seems like the mouldable gel spoils the whole mask can throw. That's the reason why I chose this.

I tried it for a few nights. It's comfy enough. I slept quite well according to family members.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I realised the machine beep air leakage. But I ask my family members they check on n off ard the mask even putting tissue to detect any leak.

Ytd nite I put the mask really tight n my face have some marks. Still air leak sign is up.

But thing is snoring gone, I sleep better. Should I ignore this? Since it works for me.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I realised the machine beep air leakage. But I ask my family members they check on n off ard the mask even putting tissue to detect any leak.

Ytd nite I put the mask really tight n my face have some marks. Still air leak sign is up.

But thing is snoring gone, I sleep better. Should I ignore this? Since it works for me.

I find full faced masks is quite prone to air leaks. U can try out other masks and see if it helps bah.

It took me many trials and errors to find a mask I like

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Watch this video for pointers on adjusting the Resmed Quatro. Over tightening will cause leaks, make small adjustments instead.

Most units have a 'mask check' function, which will ramp up the pressure so you can test for leaks; you should also try to adjust slowly while in a sleeping position - doing it sitting up could have a different outcome than when you have your head on the pillow.

Finally, take a look from 0:50 of this video. You should use the same method to put on your Quatro mask, to ensure the seal on the top of your nose.

Another thing to check, if you've dismantled the mask, is to ensure the silicone is properly inserted and seated all round and held down by the green frame. It was one of the reasons I had leaks with this mask after the first night and I washed and improperly reassembled the mask.

You should adjust your mask so that it doesn't leak - that said, sometimes it's a function of the shape of your face as well; and if you just can't get it to work work, you might look into a different mask. However, your retailer should have spent time fitting different masks before your purchase, and so this shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

NicKzKciN

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Breas iSleep 20i from a long time ago, and the black washable filter has started to crumble. Does anyone know where I can go to buy a replacement? Would prefer a local place so I don't have to wait on shipping.

Thanks!

I'm also contemplating importing a Resmed Airsense. If I do, do I just leave the settings on auto? My current cpap was configured by my ENT's technician a long long time ago.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Breas iSleep 20i from a long time ago, and the black washable filter has started to crumble. Does anyone know where I can go to buy a replacement? Would prefer a local place so I don't have to wait on shipping.

Thanks!

I'm also contemplating importing a Resmed Airsense. If I do, do I just leave the settings on auto? My current cpap was configured by my ENT's technician a long long time ago.
Default setting might not be the best. Auto pressure is usually preset to 4-20. 4 is too low for me and I have trouble breathing normally and I need to set to 8.

You can easily Google how to access the admin menu. Once u go in, then try to set the values u r most comfortable with. Mine is Philips respironics one and it just involved pressing some key combo. Explored around and at most only configure the minimum auto and ramp nia

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

I took this machine from the distro. Not sure if they have. The person is coming these two days.

oonikx

Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m recently diagnosed with sleep apnea, and I’m looking at getting a cpap device. What’s your recommendation for a first timer? I would prefer if it is portable or travel friendly. But it’s just a preference.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Watch this video for pointers on adjusting the Resmed Quatro. Over tightening will cause leaks, make small adjustments instead.

Most units have a 'mask check' function, which will ramp up the pressure so you can test for leaks; you should also try to adjust slowly while in a sleeping position - doing it sitting up could have a different outcome than when you have your head on the pillow.

Finally, take a look from 0:50 of this video. You should use the same method to put on your Quatro mask, to ensure the seal on the top of your nose.

Another thing to check, if you've dismantled the mask, is to ensure the silicone is properly inserted and seated all round and held down by the green frame. It was one of the reasons I had leaks with this mask after the first night and I washed and improperly reassembled the mask.

You should adjust your mask so that it doesn't leak - that said, sometimes it's a function of the shape of your face as well; and if you just can't get it to work work, you might look into a different mask. However, your retailer should have spent time fitting different masks before your purchase, and so this shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks got it sorted out.

:)

Feeling good even with minimal use of 3-4hrs.

NicKzKciN

Reaction score

Thanks!

Just to update, I called the local distributor and they have the black filter for the iSleep 20i in stock. their website: http://www.somnotec.net/

tytan12

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone have a travel cpap to recommend?

I'm currently using a Resmed Airsense 10 at home, but I don't really fancy lugging it with me when I fly (even though it came with a convenient bag).

Looking for something lighter and smaller. And hopefully not make too much noise.

Also, anyone with a used but perfectly functional travel cpap to sell?

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Likely I will purchase Resmed Airsense 10 Auto..cost 2K.. Think refurbish one cost 40% of the price.

May get portable one from online.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Likely I will purchase Resmed Airsense 10 Auto..cost 2K.. Think refurbish one cost 40% of the price.

May get portable one from online.

:s11: It's USD791 for a new unit from 1800cpap (after using the 10% discount code). Shipping should be about USD70. Add 8% GST to that, and the total is only about USD930.

That works out to around SGD1270 or so.

If you're willing to get a refurbished unit, secondwindcpap (1y warranty) has them at USD549, and 1800cpap (90 day warranty) at USD494, or USD584 (1y warranty) (with 10% discount code).

That works out to a maximum savings of USD320 (after GST) or about ~SGD435 less if you're willing to get refurbished.

If you're looking at SGD2k, it's about ~35% savings by buying new online, or ~55% savings if you're willing to go refurbished.

Either way, make sure you're getting an 'AutoSet' unit.

PS: If you didn't know, the 'for her' model has one additional algorithm.

Last edited:

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I'm actually also lookin for the handheld one Hdm Z1 for my travel needs.

Anyone using it.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:s11: It's USD791 for a new unit from 1800cpap (after using the 10% discount code). Shipping should be about USD70. Add 8% GST to that, and the total is only about USD930.

That works out to around SGD1270 or so.

If you're willing to get a refurbished unit, secondwindcpap (1y warranty) has them at USD549, and 1800cpap (90 day warranty) at USD494, or USD584 (1y warranty) (with 10% discount code).

That works out to a maximum savings of USD320 (after GST) or about ~SGD435 less if you're willing to get refurbished.

If you're looking at SGD2k, it's about ~35% savings by buying new online, or ~55% savings if you're willing to go refurbished.

Either way, make sure you're getting an 'AutoSet' unit.

PS: If you didn't know, the 'for her' model has one additional algorithm.

Noted on these infor.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can check if anyone bought their machines from HK before?

I doubt if anyone would do that.

A quick search shows a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset at HKD13,800, which works out to be about USD1,758; or about USD1,000 more than buying from the US.

The prices for everything else also appears to be significantly higher.

Sotooong

Master Member
Reaction score
Dreant, guys how often you guys change the mask? Ive used for about six months and got a prompt from my resmed S10 to change it. Tia.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dreant, guys how often you guys change the mask? Ive used for about six months and got a prompt from my resmed S10 to change it. Tia.

i change it whenever I feels the nose piece is getting uncomfortable (the material gets harden with time) or the strap is losing its elasticity. Usually that will be around 6 months.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.