HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

RESMED for sleep apnea? Any comments?

Like Tree138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2020, 02:23 PM   #976
Supremacy Member

Do anyone have any advise on running or blocked nose under aircon environment? I had this issue for the longest time. Used humidifier, air purifier, no use. Also makes me use the cpap machine very uncomfortable as all the nasal issues will set in and I will just take if off in the middle of the night. Using a full face mask makes it a bit better cause can breathe through the mouth but it is uncomfortable when compared to a nasal mask.
You'll need to figure out what is the cause of your blocked nose, and address that. It's not possible to have CPAP therapy with a pillow/nasal type mask when your nose is blocked, and your only option would be to use a full face mask.

I had enlarged turbinates and had surgery to address them. You should consult with your sleep doctor, and/or an ENT and figure out what the issue is for you.

Last edited by dreant; 03-12-2020 at 03:32 PM..
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:22 PM   #977

You mentioned he has a prescription, so that's good. You won't be able to import a unit without it.

If you're set on getting a ResMed S10 (*), what you want is either the:
a) USD589 Resmed S10 Autoset, or
b) USD679 Resmed S10 Autoset for Her.

This is the Auto CPAP model, with humidifier built in, but it does NOT include the optional "Climateline" heated hose. I am not sure if it includes a regular hose, or if you need to add one to your order as well.

If you're purchasing the ClimateLine separately, it'll costs
USD39 Climateline Heated Tube

But it is also possible to get it together with the S10 Autoset, for a little cheaper.
c) USD589 Resmed S10 Autoset w ClimateLine
d) USD699 Resmed S10 Autoset for Her w ClimateLine

It's a whole separate discussion if the heated line is necessary or not; or if you even need a humidifier at all. I don't use the humidifier while I am in SG, because SG's humidity is already higher than the target level of the heated humidifier, and I don't sleep with air-conditioning. However, it's built into the machine so you'll have to use it all the time. You'll need the optional USD21 side cover if you wish to use it without.

In the past, there was almost no price difference between the "S10 Autoset", and the "S10 Autoset for Her", so I would encourage people to purchase the "for Her" model because it includes one extra algorithm.

However, it seems they've caught on to that, and it don't think it'd be worth paying significantly more money just for it.

From the above, it would seem (c) might be the best value. There is a 10% discount code "TAKE10" for 1800cpap. Don't forget to use it.

Yes, the power adapter supports SG voltages, but you'll need to replace the power cord to plug it into SG's 3-pin sockets.

(*) The ResMed S10 is not the only Auto-CPAP on the market. There are many, many others that you can also consider - but if this is what your doctor is recommending, it would not be a bad idea to just get it. I'm using the same unit, and am quite happy with it.

Thank you for your input.
Why is (A) and (C) is the same pricing when (C) have extra climateline ?
Sarahlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:36 PM   #978
Supremacy Member

Thank you for your input.
Why is (A) and (C) is the same pricing when (C) have extra climateline ?
You'll be able to find the answer to that question here...
Old 04-12-2020, 03:09 PM   #979

Hi! Can i check if docís memo is the same as docís prescription?

Needa buy masks from 1800cpap...
nagase_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 03:50 PM   #980

Yes it is the same. You can try cpap.com too. They are a little cheaper after 20% compare to 1800 if you enter your email to their subscription list. But they are slower to respond to queries and they take longer to ship out too. If you donít need your equipment urgently then that could save you some money. Lastly they donít ship to Singapore so you have to use a forwarder.

XpapXpap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:08 PM   #981
Supremacy Member

It isn't the same, but it can be accepted as documentation by HSA to import. HSA's requirement is that the letter/memo from your doctor has to confirm or justify that you need the item.

HSA: Bringing personal medical devices into Singapore
Individuals who needs to import "Professional-Use Only"* medical devices for their personal use are required to produce a letter from a doctor or a dentist confirming and justifying such need.

HSA: PERSONAL IMPORT APPLICATION FORM FOR MEDICAL DEVICES
Please submit the following documents for our review:
iii. Doctor Prescription/Memo, ...
Old 05-12-2020, 10:49 AM   #982

You'll be able to find the answer to that question here...
Thank you for your input to my previous questions.
Really helps alot in our decision.

Had already purchased with the 10% discount and use VPOST forwarder.
Had replied their email for Doc's Prescription and now it already shipped out.
Sarahlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:16 PM   #983

Hi guys, thanks alot for all the advices.

Had gotten a Resmed Airsense for her unit for trial. Bought a dream pillow P30i.
Anyone using it?

For me, when i use M, i find that i can breathe better but i wake up feeling pain in my nose, like as if my nose was being stretched.

I tried S, but i find that the airflow not as good as M.

Anyone facing the same issues?
Old 08-12-2020, 04:47 PM   #984

Yes. Me.

I had Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction, followed by UPPP. UPPP redefined "pain" in wondrous technicolor for me. Didn't work (*), and I still need a CPAP. To top it off, it left some minor lasting side effects. (altered sense of taste). 12/10, would not recommend.

If I really wanted to be rid of the CPAP, the doctor told me that the next step would be Genioglossus Advancement and/or maxillomandibular advancement surgery - but he did not recommend it, and advised me to just stick with the CPAP instead. GA would weaken some bone structure or something (it involves drilling a hole somewhere as an anchor point if I recall), and MMA surgery will change the shape of your face/head.

(*) "work/didn't work" might be a relative term. UPPP surgery did significantly reduce my AHI, but it is still high, and I am still considered to have OSA. I need a CPAP if I wish to have a restful sleep.

What abt snoring?
class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:35 PM   #985
Supremacy Member

What abt snoring?
Yes, I still snore if I sleep without a CPAP. It's not as loud as before (you could hear me while you were in the next room, with the door closed...), but it's still loud enough to keep you awake if you're trying to sleep in the same room with me.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:38 PM   #986
Supremacy Member

Anyone facing the same issues?
Most masks are designed with sizes to fit most people - but that does not mean it'll fit every person.

The only thing you can do is try a different mask (or masks). It might take you a couple to find one that fits and works well for you.

(I went though about 4-5 different masks, before I found one that I am very comfortable with).
Old 09-12-2020, 06:15 AM   #987

anyone did a surgery on the palate or epiglottis before?
class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:00 PM   #988

yea bought a full face mask to cover both nose and mouth.
had a better night's sleep last nite.

will try for a full week before deciding if it's the one for me or i need to try another one.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:01 PM   #989

Anyone used ezBuy to ship a CPAP machine? Any issues with them with regards to the HSA permit?
Pakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2020, 05:04 PM   #990
Master Member

Been using for a month of S10. Finally I can get to transferred my sleep statistic. When I pluck the SD card to my pc it was unreadable (not able to detect) formatted the card to exfat32 is readable by pc. I placed it back to machine to run for a night and the machine is not able to write the data into the memory card. What is wrong?
ducky_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.