RESMED for sleep apnea? Any comments?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they mentioned it is always recommended to fill in the water tank, if not it will affect the life span of the machine.
Since i sleep with open windows and fans only, i normally dont use the humidifier . Not sure how true is their advice.

It is possible to operate the Resmed 10 without water in the tub. You can also disable humidification in the settings. You can also purchase and use the optional side cover to replace the water chamber.

ResMed: What happens if the water tub runs out of water?

jianwen

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm diagnosed with severe OSA after i've done a slp study in TTSH.
Doc recommend me to use CPAP machine. had read thru this thread from pg 1 till the last post and understand quite a few pple bought it online instead of buying from local.
Has anyone managed to claim the machine purchased with their integrated shield plan?
does the CPAP machine really help?
would like to check if anyone bought their CPAP machine locally. if yes, what brand and model?
Thanks in advance

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dun know if u can hoot using simi shield plan.

but there are a lot of choice to buy from .
i own both philips and resmed.

but i suggest u get a portable one. so that u can take it over when u travel overseas.

jianwen

Reaction score
i dun know if u can hoot using simi shield plan.

but there are a lot of choice to buy from .
i own both philips and resmed.

but i suggest u get a portable one. so that u can take it over when u travel overseas.
Hi Johnson,
any recommended device?
after your comment, air mini looks small and portable. but not sure how it compares with airsense 10 in terms of the air supply function etc.

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Johnson,
any recommended device?
after your comment, air mini looks small and portable. but not sure how it compares with airsense 10 in terms of the air supply function etc.
i think it ok, jsut that it has a bit more noise.

wees

Reaction score
Air Mini does not have a water tank for humidifier. But Air Mini has “humidx” humidification - which means you have to buy the refills. In Singapore , where the humidity is generally quite high, it should be alright not to use the “humidx” for Air Mini.
Air Mini is easy to bring when going for travel overseas .

wees

Reaction score
CPAP.com website is selling Resmed 10 for 399 US Dollars . Probably for a limited time period . Buying from US means that you need to ship it to US address , and then use a forwarder to ship it to Singapore.

The Resmed 10 sold in Singapore should have the ability to upload the sleep data wirelesssly (it has a SIM card) so that hospital can access the sleep data . But both the Resmed 10 bought overseas or locally should have a memory card which also stores the sleep data . If using the US bought Resmed 10, just need to remove the memory and bring it to the hospital at the next medical appointment.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am halfway reading the book Breath by James Nestor.

The book claims that nasal breathing can help with sleep apnea. Anyone tried ?

jianwen

Reaction score
Air Mini does not have a water tank for humidifier. But Air Mini has “humidx” humidification - which means you have to buy the refills. In Singapore , where the humidity is generally quite high, it should be alright not to use the “humidx” for Air Mini.
Air Mini is easy to bring when going for travel overseas .
Hi Wees,
thanks! in that case, i will go for Air Sense since i don't travel much.

jianwen

Reaction score
CPAP.com website is selling Resmed 10 for 399 US Dollars . Probably for a limited time period . Buying from US means that you need to ship it to US address , and then use a forwarder to ship it to Singapore.

The Resmed 10 sold in Singapore should have the ability to upload the sleep data wirelesssly (it has a SIM card) so that hospital can access the sleep data . But both the Resmed 10 bought overseas or locally should have a memory card which also stores the sleep data . If using the US bought Resmed 10, just need to remove the memory and bring it to the hospital at the next medical appointment.
i went down to one of the local distributor to check out the machine.
Air Sense 10 have 4G sim slot as well as SD card.
My concern on getting from local distributor vs CPAP.com
Local:
- Warranty coverage
- the machine setting and configuration
- software/firmware update for the machine
- not sure is there any annual servicing package to check on the machine functionality

CPAP.com USD399 = around SGD540 is really cheap.

wees

Reaction score
the Cpap.com website requires you to take a picture of the doctor’s prescription and upload it to the website. Cpap.com will set the settings based on the settings stated in the prescription. In any case , when the Resmed 10 arrives in Singapore, you can bring it to the sleep clinic and ask the technician to check the settings or to make changes to the settings (eg set to Singapore time).

The only thing to maintain that I know of is to change the filter, which should not be difficult to do . CPAP.com sells the filter refills.

will need a multi plug as the CPAP.com machine comes with a US 2-pin plug . No need to convert voltage as Resmed 10 runs on worldwide voltages.

LordPringles

Reaction score
Did the CPAP trial but was looking to purchase Resmed 10 either from cpap.com or 1800cpap instead of locally due to the price difference. Anyone have a freight forwarder to recommend?

And any tips of what else to purchases together with the CPAP machine for long term use? Is the ClimateLine tube worth the purchase, and should I purchase additional water tank for replacement in a few years?

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to put implant at ur chests which trigger electrical pulse to pull ur tongue back
It’s kind of invasive , still prefer to use Cpap

boyvin

Reaction score
Good day everyone.
I am selling away my CPAP unit as I have done Inspire implant, so not using CPAP machine anymore.
Apex XT Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier by Apex Medical
https://www.1800cpap.com/apex-xt-auto-cpap-machine-with-humidifier
You may buy a new hose and mask unit for hygiene purposes, from Singapore or online, do not require doctor's memo.
I bought the unit online (1800CPAP.com) in March 2021, so the warranty has ended.
But locally (ERIKG CPAP | Jurong) can service and retrieve report from the machine if require.
I paid approximately SGD$700 during March 2021.
Interested party can PM me to discuss.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.