HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sharing My Dental Implant Exprience

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2020, 01:18 AM   #61

Iím also looking for dental implants.
Was quoted $4k everything for 1 implant.
For everyoneís benefit, why is there such a vast difference in price? Better titanium? Better crown?
I googled and found thereís different type of crowns. But canít find much detail on type of titanium.

1)
Spoiler!

2)
Spoiler!

3)
Spoiler!

4)
Spoiler!
just replied you on the other thread, will copy and paste my reply here since this is a more dental implant focused thread.

----------------

i have been thru the hunt for cheap and good implants (it exists) i think i can answer these

1) brand and marketing... in the market right now, the 2k plus are korean implants. 4k are european implants.

2) "crown included?" crowns are very expensive, at least to me...

there are places that promote implants without crowns.. just remember to ask and double confirm..
imho, crowns SHLD/MUST be included in the total price and not as an add-on. what am i going to do with an implant without crown

NEVER pay more than 2500 for korean implants. **Market rate is 2500 for korean implants WITH CROWN and everything, meds la, consumables la, xrays etc.. 2500, nothing more...

good luck!
--------

now to the crowns, a PFM crown is good enough for me. If i can afford, i will get zirconia for molars. porcelain is just for aesthetic (front teeth) because it is not as durable/tough as PFM or zirconia

your 4k implant, european brand? if you dont mind korean brand, go find dr wong at trust dental, almost at half the price, with pfm crown
Old 29-07-2020, 06:49 AM   #62
Supremacy Member

just replied you on the other thread, will copy and paste my reply here since this is a more dental implant focused thread.

----------------

i have been thru the hunt for cheap and good implants (it exists) i think i can answer these

1) brand and marketing... in the market right now, the 2k plus are korean implants. 4k are european implants.

2) "crown included?" crowns are very expensive, at least to me...

there are places that promote implants without crowns.. just remember to ask and double confirm..
imho, crowns SHLD/MUST be included in the total price and not as an add-on. what am i going to do with an implant without crown

NEVER pay more than 2500 for korean implants. **Market rate is 2500 for korean implants WITH CROWN and everything, meds la, consumables la, xrays etc.. 2500, nothing more...

good luck!
--------

now to the crowns, a PFM crown is good enough for me. If i can afford, i will get zirconia for molars. porcelain is just for aesthetic (front teeth) because it is not as durable/tough as PFM or zirconia

your 4k implant, european brand? if you dont mind korean brand, go find dr wong at trust dental, almost at half the price, with pfm crown
Wah. This is really good info.
So is there any way to distinguish between Korean vs European crown?
I believe the pricing difference between Korea and European is korean vs conti cars?
Thanks!

I’ve also checked with Trust dental on 2 implant at same time.
So Medisave it’s 1250 + 950.
If want porcelain crown, add $150.

Last edited by hmsweethm; 29-07-2020 at 06:54 AM..
hmsweethm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 09:18 PM   #63

Wah. This is really good info.
So is there any way to distinguish between Korean vs European crown?
I believe the pricing difference between Korea and European is korean vs conti cars?
Thanks!

Iíve also checked with Trust dental on 2 implant at same time.
So Medisave itís 1250 + 950.
If want porcelain crown, add $150.
just sharing my info!
which tooth are you replacing? if it at the back go for PFM
pm me if the it's too personal i will share what i know
Old 30-07-2020, 07:43 AM   #64
Supremacy Member

just sharing my info!
which tooth are you replacing? if it at the back go for PFM
pm me if the it's too personal i will share what i know
The bottom molar at the back, the one right before the wisdom.
I was ignorant when i was young.
Due to the position of the wisdom tooth, it caused a decay to the adjacent tooth.
(Both bottom wisdom teeth are removed).
(Both wisdom teeth caused me to lose the adjacent molar which is heartbreaking.)
(Did a root canal but it’s useless. After some year, the sensation comes back.)
And looking at the TOP of the tooth, it looks Swee Swee.
But the decay is hidden behind the tooth.
So it eats a tunnel under the tooth. I didn’t feel any aching or sensation all the while.
When much of it is gone and you bite onto something hard, the TOP collapse, revealing the decay.

BTW, I’m told by my Dentist that with the bottom molar gone, the TOP tooth will slowly gradually come down.
This will cause problems.
Is this true? Haven’t got 2nd opinion.

My Dentist is using either dentium and osstem. I googled and both are Korean brand.
Was told the crown is made in sg lab.
So does the crown also got made in where that affect the pricing?

Found this website.
https://www.doctorxdentist.com/quest...s-in-singapore
Spoiler!

Last edited by hmsweethm; 30-07-2020 at 11:04 AM..
Old 31-07-2020, 11:44 AM   #65

The bottom molar at the back, the one right before the wisdom.
I was ignorant when i was young.
Due to the position of the wisdom tooth, it caused a decay to the adjacent tooth.
(Both bottom wisdom teeth are removed).
(Both wisdom teeth caused me to lose the adjacent molar which is heartbreaking.)
(Did a root canal but itís useless. After some year, the sensation comes back.)
And looking at the TOP of the tooth, it looks Swee Swee.
But the decay is hidden behind the tooth.
So it eats a tunnel under the tooth. I didnít feel any aching or sensation all the while.
When much of it is gone and you bite onto something hard, the TOP collapse, revealing the decay.

BTW, Iím told by my Dentist that with the bottom molar gone, the TOP tooth will slowly gradually come down.
This will cause problems.
Is this true? Havenít got 2nd opinion.

My Dentist is using either dentium and osstem. I googled and both are Korean brand.
Was told the crown is made in sg lab.
So does the crown also got made in where that affect the pricing?

Found this website.
https://www.doctorxdentist.com/quest...s-in-singapore
Spoiler!

yes, the top one will somehow "grow" out or something like that, i dont know the exact term for it. dont wait too long ah

crowning wise if you can afford ah, topup for zirconia for molars.
i will not be surprised european brands and korean brands all are sent to the same lab.

"Itís important to ask your dentist too (those who are offering implants at $2000) if the crown is included."
I agree with what the author wrote. this one very important.

korean implants with pfm crown will not be more than 2500 one.
Old 02-08-2020, 03:41 PM   #66
Supremacy Member

yes, the top one will somehow "grow" out or something like that, i dont know the exact term for it. dont wait too long ah

crowning wise if you can afford ah, topup for zirconia for molars.
i will not be surprised european brands and korean brands all are sent to the same lab.

"Itís important to ask your dentist too (those who are offering implants at $2000) if the crown is included."
I agree with what the author wrote. this one very important.

korean implants with pfm crown will not be more than 2500 one.
Thanks for the advices.
Iíll check out the price for zirconia crowns.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.