Stats time!

galapogos

Reaction score
Coz he doesn't have a bench number. And how come u still haven't submitted your numbers!

nakorius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm... heheh

I am still conditioning my lower back before I attempt squat and deadlift due to my dying slipped discs :(

Majestic12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nah, haven't tried back squat yet as I have been busy with the Zercher Squat. I don't foresee myself doing a max on the backsquat anytime soon though.

nakorius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bench Update!

Alrighty, I decided to hit the bench again today thus making this my 2nd time benching :D

I have been doing and trying out a whole bunch of things and thought it was a week since I did my virgin bench :p

Warmed up with 24.6kg x 20 reps (including bar).

Progressively added weights like the last time (I skipped the 11.3kg plates though)

And today I managed 101.6kg x 2 reps :D

Thought of doing the 3rd rep but decided against it as I had other workouts to do after that.

Calculated 1RM = 105kg :D

I joined the 2 plates club!

Last edited:

FireEmblem

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Congrats on hitting 105 for bp,i think i might not even reach that even if i train for half a year more

nakorius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FireEmblem, I am sure you can do it :)

I have not trained my BP at all and did my first BP last week only.

I focused and concerntrated on nothing but the bar and off I went to my 2nd plate on my 2nd attempt in BP.

I will add this into my routine once I outline my workout routine and plan it more carefully.

Right now I am practicing in doing the right forms and techniques, plus some conditioning of my body.

There are still a whole load of things I have yet to try especially DL and Squats :p Need them to get into the stats page heheh

Work on it man, you will go far!

galapogos

Reaction score
FireEmblem said:
Congrats on hitting 105 for bp,i think i might not even reach that even if i train for half a year more
Take your time man. Half a year is not a very long time. If you're starting out and you don't have a big frame, give yourself more time to reach your target. 105bp is very doable even for people with small frames, but obviously it won't be overnight. Just keep working at it. You'll get there :)

FireEmblem

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup,working on it now.

Now hoping that everytime i go,i will be able to get someone to spot me.I got someone to spot me yesterday for the first time and the feeling is totally different,it is a feeling that can actually do a heavier set.Manage to do 70kg x 5 yesterday cos of it,

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
eh wait ar, can explain to me a bit.

on the left column is Top Benchers
then on right got 'Top Benchers by BW'? What's this?

How to qualify to get into long hu pang? All the 3 major exercises 5rm xiboh???

galapogos

Reaction score
Top benchers is the list for raw, absolute 1RM (actual or calculated) numbers, i.e. if you can lift 100kg 1 rep, your number in that list will be 100

Top benchers by BW takes into account your weight, so it's a power to weight ratio, i.e. if you can lift 100kg 1rep and you're 50kg, your number in that list will be 100/50 = 2.00.

To quality into the long hu bang, you have to submit at least 2 out of the 3 big 3 lift numbers. I've linked to a 1RM calculator in the original post in case you don't do 1RMs(like myself). You can use that to calculate your 1RM based on however many reps you usually do, before submitting.

Geo

Master Member
Reaction score
nakorius said:
Calculated 1RM = 105kg :D

I joined the 2 plates club!

I am jealous :s27: 2moro i will skip 2 plates and go for 3 plates....

Just kidding :D . I am still not tired of living yet =:p Well done dude and keep up the good work everybody.

nakorius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hehe gum xia :D

If I am lucky... maybe by Mar 2007 I can hit 3 plates :p

*wishful thinking* :s13:

galapogos

Reaction score
That sounds tough nakorius, but if you do reach 3 plates by March 2007 I wanna hear about it. You would've achieved in a few months what captnj took almost a decade :)

galapogos

Reaction score
I missed my squat PR last week but I got it this week. 5x120kg or 135kg 1RM calculated. :)

Geo

Master Member
Reaction score
Good progress Galapogos, congratulation! Sigh... My progress has stagnated recently esp on deadlift.

FireEmblem

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
congrats for new record.

wish i can go back to doing squats but still cannot but at least my condition is slowly improving.

With my recovered lower back injury,is it better to start slowly with deadlift first?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.