HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Swimming anyone???

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #31

thanks for the schedule!! but what if i cant complete 100 m in 2 mins? lol..
If you cannot complete 100 meter in 2 mins then give yourself a time frame that you can comfortably complete lor. Anyway... over the time you should be able to improve on your own timing. Do not lose heart and have faith in yourself then you can be back on track.
nyquist2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #32
Master Member

for breaststroke try pull and give a good kick... glide for abt 2 secs before u pull again. gliding is the most impt part for breaststroke if u wna go fast thats what i feel
catalyxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #33

for breaststroke try pull and give a good kick... glide for abt 2 secs before u pull again. gliding is the most impt part for breaststroke if u wna go fast thats what i feel
That is so right. Gliding come in after completion of the kick with leg mantain in straight and toe in planta flex position while the arm still straight with locked elbow. The whole body again in the streamline position when the gliding take place. Good point.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #34
Honorary Member

Gotch any butterfly expert here boh?
I want to master hu die shi leh
Old 10-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #35
Master Member

yeah me too. anyone care to share some tips?
catalyxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #36

There are 2 leg kick in a buttlerfly stroke. Minor kick after arm recovery (Gliding) and major kick for arm recovery. Perhaps can meet for swim discussion. Why the interest? Want to be a swim coach?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #37

Hardly sees anyone swim butterfly when I go swimming ...

Is it difficult to learn ???

I have trouble learning to swim freestyle already, cant imagine butterfly ...

Always see those pple swim freestyle splashing here and there, looks

more like struggling in the water than swimming ... haha ...

Cress_knightness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #38
Greater Supremacy Member

Hardly sees anyone swim butterfly when I go swimming ...

Is it difficult to learn ???

I have trouble learning to swim freestyle already, cant imagine butterfly ...

Always see those pple swim freestyle splashing here and there, looks

more like struggling in the water than swimming ... haha ...

cuz ppl, learn FS/BS first before learning BF.

Difficult in the sense, it is more strength and quality strokes is needed.

i am also not a fan of freestyle.

like i said FS hard to learn, but easy to master.

.--- -- --. Bugis Beatles | Samalongkok FC
kampong boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #39

for learning free style, i thinking of buying the float which i can put in between my legs. This will help to keep my legs up while practising on the arms movement. You think its a good idea?
Cos most of the time y i cannot continue is because i focus on my arms and my legs sink down.....

USD 10 off Your iHerb Purchase,discount code - DKN023
wasupcutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bookmarked for good thread of swimming discussion!
mikezuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #41
Greater Supremacy Member

for learning free style, i thinking of buying the float which i can put in between my legs. This will help to keep my legs up while practising on the arms movement. You think its a good idea?
Cos most of the time y i cannot continue is because i focus on my arms and my legs sink down.....
yea, even those try to "perfect" their FS also use float. it is good idea.

my legs also very "heavy" will sink and worst get tired after scissor kicking for about 5 laps.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #42

yea, even those try to "perfect" their FS also use float. it is good idea.

my legs also very "heavy" will sink and worst get tired after scissor kicking for about 5 laps.
yeah i am going to get it....saw outside selling for around $10.....
Is there a way the legs should kick?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #43

I would not advise ppl to train using the pull bouy too often. Pull bouy help your lower body to float easily so you can ignore the leg kicking and focusing of the arm. The main idea of pull bouy as the name suggested... is to allow you to focus on your arm pulling sensation..and that you are only concentrating only on arm action. Is like testing a part of the stroke and every other thing stay put. Eg... doing flutter kicking with arm holding the kick board only focusing on leg action.

If you have problem floating on your lower part of your body.. it could mean your kicking mechanism is not correct or not powerful enough..you can start of by doing flutter kicking and holding the kick board. Ensure when you are doing your leg kicking action, it all come from your thigh, toe in plantar flex position, toe in and relax. Flutter kicking start from your thigh and not from the knee. Please take note.

Learning any swimming stroke, we always follows the sequence of BLABC- Body, Leg action, Arm action, Breathing and finally coordination. Hope this help.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #44
Greater Supremacy Member

I would not advise ppl to train using the pull bouy too often. Pull bouy help your lower body to float easily so you can ignore the leg kicking and focusing of the arm. The main idea of pull bouy as the name suggested... is to allow you to focus on your arm pulling sensation..and that you are only concentrating only on arm action. Is like testing a part of the stroke and every other thing stay put. Eg... doing flutter kicking with arm holding the kick board only focusing on leg action.

If you have problem floating on your lower part of your body.. it could mean your kicking mechanism is not correct or not powerful enough..you can start of by doing flutter kicking and holding the kick board. Ensure when you are doing your leg kicking action, it all come from your thigh, toe in plantar flex position, toe in and relax. Flutter kicking start from your thigh and not from the knee. Please take note.

Learning any swimming stroke, we always follows the sequence of BLABC- Body, Leg action, Arm action, Breathing and finally coordination. Hope this help.
noted it too.

but my legs will be tired after 5 laps of flutter kicking. dont say in pool, on land, incline flutter kick 30secs tired liao.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #45

Can you help to break down and elaborate the freestyle for BLABC? Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.