Swimming anyone???

cimman305

Reaction score
i'm not sure about the lose fat thing although it does burn calories, improve ur leg muscle and breathing techniques and momentum and also use some of ur tummy muscles too...

not to mention getting suntan too...

if you're swimming sprints, you will definitely lose fat. It is very exhausting.
if you're swimming slow and steady for 30 laps, then it is another story.

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohh i didnt know..
i mentioned before breaststroke is all abt gliding kick hard and glide for like 2 secs before u pull again.

when u pull try not to pull too low till ur stomach try to pull at ur chest level so that ur legs wont sink into the water

I can't seems to be able to glide well, I think the reason is because my leg always sink into the water. And I also realised that when pulling back I will tend to pull until stomach after reading your post.

This effect of pulling till stomach will result in the sinking of my leg and putting my gliding into a stationary position right?

The reason for me to pull till stomach level is because my head sink quite deep into the water and hence I need to pull more water down in order to make a breathe. Any remedy for this?

Thanks.

kettler

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wanna swim breaststroke well maybe mus rook at how a frog swim

in slow motion roh .....................

its call frogstyle for a reason mah .......... mus learn from the frogs ...........

:s22::s13::o

nyquist2000

Reaction score
Breast stroke kick goes like this:
1) Straight arm, straight leg, breathe in
2) Blow bubble, bend knee and kick
3) After the kick, straighten leg and tip toe... then count 1,2,3
then repeat step 1

The above subject is only focusing leg action assuming you know how to blow bubbles already. :) Good luck

nyquist2000

Reaction score
Hi JM, Nice to see you here. We will continue from where we stop. THis thread is getting moudy somehow. kekeke yeah...

Consider that you already know how to prone glide, next is to combine your prone glide with flutter kicking. Sequence goes like this:
1) Prone glide
2) Flutter kick 10 times while blowing out bubbles slowly
3) Stand up and inhale fully
4) Repeat step 1.

Have fun trying. :)

johnny_cold

Reaction score
Any nice range of swimming goggles to recommend? I have just lasik my eyes, now my old Speedo optical goggles cannot be used anymore. I cant find the same old model of 2 goggles "cup" without degree, so i guess i need to buy a new goggles. TYR or Speedo? any suggestion?

foofam77

Reaction score
Any nice range of swimming goggles to recommend? I have just lasik my eyes, now my old Speedo optical goggles cannot be used anymore. I cant find the same old model of 2 goggles "cup" without degree, so i guess i need to buy a new goggles. TYR or Speedo? any suggestion?

hahaha

i am just contrary to you..am trying to find a pair of goggles with optical...

see alot of them are made in japan, unknown brand, and cost in the region of $35+.

By the way, let's say my degrees is 500..does it mean the optical goggles i buy should be abt -5.0?

thanks

johnny_cold

Reaction score
yes -5.0 = 500, the last time i bought mine is at royal sporting house in taka. The old speedo model really good, which u "DIY" as in u buy the straps, nose bridge and the 2 eye cups seprately, then tied them together. Very comfortable and water dont leak inside even after 2 yrs of wearing. I still see them on the shelf last mth, but now i visit more than 2 sports outlets, all selling with new model, damn.

But if u r nearsighted, try to get degree slightly lower than ur current eyes degree, Ex. if ur eyes is 500, get 450 or 400, cos u r underwater most of the time. Alot depends on u wana see bikini girls clearly while u wearing goggles above water.. or underwater.. u decide... haha

wasupcutler

Reaction score
Hi JM, Nice to see you here. We will continue from where we stop. THis thread is getting moudy somehow. kekeke yeah...

Consider that you already know how to prone glide, next is to combine your prone glide with flutter kicking. Sequence goes like this:
1) Prone glide
2) Flutter kick 10 times while blowing out bubbles slowly
3) Stand up and inhale fully
4) Repeat step 1.

Have fun trying. :)

I tried this, but i find that i don move even through i am flutter kickng......

How does the legs and arms co-ordination goes about? And finally how to breathe.....

FireAway

Reaction score
Any tips on Butterfly stroke/style ? I find it super hard... it's like doing so many steps and going very little distance ( or i am just feeling it ) ?

Last edited:

nyquist2000

Reaction score
I tried this, but i find that i don move even through i am flutter kickng......

How does the legs and arms co-ordination goes about? And finally how to breathe.....

I have not come to the part of teaching the arm action and the breathing out of the water yet. What you have to do now is to do the following:
1) Stand up and inhale (breathe in as much as you can)
2) Straighten your arm, elbow locked and arm sandwiches between your head
3) Put head down and blow bubbles
4) Lean foward and leg take off
5) Keep leg together, tip toes and glide.
6) Repeat step 1.

Once you are proficient in this, we can add on the flutter kick after your prone glide is achieved. But rest assure that when you do your prone gliding, your body will move forward. Remember... when your leg take off the ground, is almost the same as you are doing jumping action. Instead of jumping upward, you jump toward the direction you wan to move. Good luck in trying and spend your weekend working hard. :)

nyquist2000

Reaction score
Any tips on Butterfly stroke/style ? I find it super hard... it's like doing so many steps and going very little distance ( or i am just feeling it ) ?

This fly will involved more body movement and coordination then any other stroke and the breathing is exhaustive plus.... you need to have the flexiblity of the body to perform gracefully..... plus the arm power. So this stroke is not for beginner yet.

wasupcutler

Reaction score
I have not come to the part of teaching the arm action and the breathing out of the water yet. What you have to do now is to do the following:
1) Stand up and inhale (breathe in as much as you can)
2) Straighten your arm, elbow locked and arm sandwiches between your head
3) Put head down and blow bubbles
4) Lean foward and leg take off
5) Keep leg together, tip toes and glide.
6) Repeat step 1.

Once you are proficient in this, we can add on the flutter kick after your prone glide is achieved. But rest assure that when you do your prone gliding, your body will move forward. Remember... when your leg take off the ground, is almost the same as you are doing jumping action. Instead of jumping upward, you jump toward the direction you wan to move. Good luck in trying and spend your weekend working hard. :)

do we need to "wriggle" our body?

nyquist2000

Reaction score
No you do not need to wriggle your body. Keep your body straight, leg straight, tip toe, head down and blow bubbles.

johnny_cold

Reaction score
I really need to learn to swim freestyle ler, anyone here willing to coach me for an affordable fees? :)

thewarlord

Reaction score
if you are very interested to learn swimming can pm me, we can work somthing out. certified swimming coach

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.