HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thinning Hair problem

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #151

i have not experience anything major from proscar. maybe only drier skin and increase in acne.

i will still use Nizoral as it still have it own benefit different from Alpecin. but might be changing to 1% version after my 2% bottle finish as study show both work equally well for hair loss. the reason i use 2% is because it reduce itch better which is very common when i just started on minoxidil. now my scalp is able to take minoxidil better so no point carry on using 2% version which is harsh to the hair.

give Alpecin a try. it not expensive compare to nizoral. who know what can it do for you
Yap, me also experience increase in acne.....So where you get this alpecin shampoo from? do you have the exact location??? Think shld be able to get it at the same price as u right??($13.80). Heard that aunty charge u $18 initially
Botak_gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:15 PM   #152
Banned

hi Isopropyl, can tell which shop did u buy frm?
how much does the After Shampoo cost too?
the auntie quite bad , charge u higher than usual leh.

btw, I read studies on drinking coffee tt negligible amt of caffeine can reach ur scalp. So directly applying them on the scalp is better
below is their email reply to me on the price. i got mine from Yishun blk293. you can call the number i posted eariler to find one shop that is nearer to your house. the shop in yishun does not seem to have the after shampoo lotion. anyway, do call the shop up before going down to double check. the uncle i talk about got it somewhere in chinatown. his price is $13.50. i can live with $0.30 more but not $18!!!

you are right. even if you drink 50cups of coffee won't provide enough coffeine to your scalp. the best way is to apply it right to your scalp.
Thank you for the enquiry.

The price for Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo is S$13.80.

The range of after shampoo lotion available in Singapore currently are as follow:
Alpecin Fresh - vitalizing scalp and hair care for normal hair - S$20.80.
Alpecin Forte - for dandruff and oily hair - S$20.80
Alpecin Special - for hair loss due to sensitive scalp - S$25.80

Please advise your address so that we can arrange for the retailer near you to be in contact with you.

Best regards.
Isopropyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #153

Yap, me also experience increase in acne.....So where you get this alpecin shampoo from? do you have the exact location??? Think shld be able to get it at the same price as u right??($13.80). Heard that aunty charge u $18 initially
ok thank... Hope to hear good results using alpecin shampoo from you soon
Old 05-01-2006, 11:35 PM   #154
Banned

if you happen to live near yishun. Blk 293 #01-233. Telephone number:62579073

if not just call the distro for some place nearer.

call the aunty before going down the yishun salon. maybe they have the after shampoo lotion. i didn't check what type of hair tonic she show me and maybe those are the one as it the same brand.

just tell the aunty you are being quoted at $13.80. she should sell you at that price.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #155

a uncle from another forums got my attention for Alpecin shampoo. it a caffeine shampoo that suppose to help hairloss. the uncle claim that it stopped his hairloss while proscar and minoxidil did nothing. i did a search and there are quite a number of positive review on this shampoo. further more, i found out they have a distro in singapore which make it easier to buy. i called them up and they direct me to a shop near my place. this is the number to call if you are interested. 67463688. i am going to give it a try. it should cost around $13.80 for the shampoo. not sure how much is the ASL (after shampoo lotion)
http://www.alpecin.de/en/index.php
ultimatesg, what your take on this product?

disclaimer: just to add on that i am in no way related to this company. i am not advertising for any company. just sharing something that might be helpful to those who suffer from hairloss. Mod, feel free to edit if you think i am advertising.
To be frank, I am not sure about the application of caffeine to scalp. If you have any links of the research, I would like to take a look. Caffeine probably constrict blood vessels unless it is some what a DHT blocker (which is just a wild speculation, perhaps green tea phenol shampoo with a delivery system will work much better, my speculation). But bear it in mind that whatever that is a lotion that are supposed to penetrate the skin need a delivery system. Personally I am not a big fan of application type of product. They are inconvenient IMO and if contain alcohol will "dry" up the hair made them ridiculously hard to comb. Heard of Thymuskin?
By far the best bet is finasteride. I went off it for 6 months and my hair deteriorate visibly. When I went back on it again, the oily and ichy scalp symptoms disappear overnight. If oily scalp symptom disappear, this is a sure sign that a product work. This symptom has its roots firm in the TCM hair loss theory and I think is linked to reduce DHT. I am also sure that high sodium intake somewhat trigger the hair loss mechanism, but there are no research on this at all. Have you seen any?
ultimatesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #156

some update. went to get the Alpecin caffeine shampoo just now. that place is loaded with salon so took sometime to find that shop. once i reached, the aunty keep asking me to do scalp treatment, buy hair tonic, other shampoo etc which i rejected. in the end, she quoted me $18 for the shampoo!!! i told her the person that recommended me told me it only $13.80. in the end, she agree to sell me at $13.80 but keep asking me who told me about this shampoo. i just told her i got to know it online.

anyway, back to the shampoo. for $13.80, you will get 250ml worth of shampoo which should last 2-3months if using once daily. my first impression is it don't smell anything like coffee. infact, it smell like man's body spray. the smell is pretty good. at least i won't end up smelling like breakfast. the shampoo is a clear blue solution which should counter the pink nizoral 2% that is turning me into gay the shampoo lather up pretty well and my scalp felt cool as it contain menthol. the recommendation is to leave it on for 2mins before raising off. after washing off the shampoo, my scalp felt quite good due to the menthol.

Where is the actual study? Scary siah!
ultimatesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #157
Banned

ultimatesg, here is the link. if i not wrong, there should be more study but i don't have the link.

i don't have much impression on Thymuskin. but from the little that i read, most likely it just a scam. at most it might help in other hair loss but not MPB. if i not wrong, you should be able to buy it in singapore. you tried before?

i have not read of any study that link hair loss with sodium. but like you, i do believe modern diet does play a part in increasing hair loss. it could be due to sodium, fats, MSG, suger, processed food, chemical etc. maybe it due to several factors rather than just a single component. who know, increasing radio wave in our enviroment could also be a cause.

errr... the nizoral truning man into gay is just a joke. haha...

a short update. today i met up with the uncle. i was a bit shock that he is a cacussion from NZ. after trading with him on the proscar, we talked quite a bit on hair loss. he is quite confidence that the Alpecin shampoo is stopping his hair loss. from what he told me, he daily hair loss have reduced by more than 100%. he guessed that before using the shampoo 4months ago, he is dropping about 150-200 hair daily. now he is guessing that he drop about 50-70 hair daily. this come from a guy that have treated his hair with those hairloss centre for 8months which cost more than $3000(another scum like BJ101), proscar, minoxidil, HairMax laser comb(which is consider a medical device in singapore and cost $650 USD), natural supplement etc etc.

anyway, if anyone happen to have any lobang on where to get ethyl alcohol around 70% volume(drinking alcohol), pls let me know. not denatured alcohol that you can buy in pharmacy.

Last edited by Isopropyl; 07-01-2006 at 12:03 AM..
Old 06-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #158

So for the uncle, beside using Alpecin shampoo, what are treatment is he on since he already sold you his proscar. HOw old is tha uncle and what was his condition??.. For what he say...that proscar, minoxidil didnt really work well for him make me abit low morale..liao.....So how long hs he been on alpecin shampoo and did he experience any hair growth???
Old 06-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #159

ultimatesg, here is the link. if i not wrong, there should be more study but i don't have the link.

i don't have much impression on Thymuskin. but from the little that i read, most likely it just a scam. at most it might help in other hair loss but not MPH. if i not wrong, you should be able to buy it in singapore. you tried before?

i have not read of any study that link hair loss with sodium. but like you, i do believe modern diet does play a part in increasing hair loss. it could be due to sodium, fats, MSG, suger, processed food, chemical etc. maybe it due to several factors rather than just a single component. who know, increasing radio wave in our enviroment could also be a cause.

errr... the nizoral truning man into gay is just a joke. haha...

a short update. today i met up with the uncle. i was a bit shock that he is a cacussion from NZ. after trading with him on the proscar, we talked quite a bit on hair loss. he is quite confidence that the Alpecin shampoo is stopping his hair loss. from what he told me, he daily hair loss have reduced by more than 100%. he guessed that before using the shampoo 4months ago, he is dropping about 150-200 hair daily. now he is guessing that he drop about 50-70 hair daily. this come from a guy that have treated his hair with those hairloss centre for 8months which cost more than $3000(another scum like BJ101), proscar, minoxidil, HairMax laser comb(which is consider a medical device in singapore and cost $650 USD), natural supplement etc etc.

anyway, if anyone happen to have any lobang on where to get ethyl alcohol around 70% volume(drinking alcohol), pls let me know. not denatured alcohol that you can buy in pharmacy.
So for the uncle, beside using Alpecin shampoo, what are treatment is he on since he already sold you his proscar. HOw old is tha uncle and what was his condition??.. For what he say...that proscar, minoxidil didnt really work well for him make me abit low morale..liao.....So how long hs he been on alpecin shampoo and did he experience any hair growth???
Old 06-01-2006, 10:56 PM   #160
Banned

he started Alpecin shampoo about 4 months ago and "super zix" routine 2months ago. that all he is doing now. he is not sure whether there is any regrow. but trust me, any product that can slow down hair loss so much is already a working one. any regrow is a bonus. most people got a wrong impression that the product must regrow hair before it can be consider useful so they give it up after sometime. it only when they stopped the treatment and their hair started to get worse then they realise it is actually working great.

he is in his mid 30s and he condition is not very bad as he only started thinning 3years ago. let just say he is in the state of noticable thinning where you can see his scalp. but as he is tall, his thinning spot cannot be notice easily. but bad enough for his mother to keep asking him to do something about it.

don't feel so bad. minoxidil and proscar work for most people. he just happen to be those that does not response well to it and experience some pretty bad side effect. the most important thing for treating hair loss is not to lose hope and get into depression where you put too much attention to it. this make you doubt your treatment and if you do go to some hairloss forums, you can notice how crazy people can get over it. so try to relax my friend.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #161
Banned

out of topic. does anyone notice that this forums is horriblely slow? i have to keep refreshing the page several time before i can load the page i wanted to view.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #162

out of topic. does anyone notice that this forums is horriblely slow? i have to keep refreshing the page several time before i can load the page i wanted to view.
Ya, i will try to be more patient and optimistic.... Update me your progress,... I may try ti get the alpecin shampoo next week....
Old 06-01-2006, 11:37 PM   #163

using propecia for 1year plus. most guardian carry minoxi5. not all pharmacy have it. i am in my mid-20s.

normal washing of hair won't cause your hair to fell if it won't mean to drop. so don't worry about it. even people without hairloss problem will still see hair dropping daily. it part of the cycle. if you don't wash it, it will still drop. the different is that the hair that drop without washing is dirty.

just do your best and leave the result to itself. try not to concentrate too much. this cause you want to hide your baldness and make you looking very insecure. don't worry too much on things that you can't control. try to make your life productive and happy. people who go with the flow is much more happy and confidence in life. i accept any result i have yet i not giving up without a good fight. i am still attracting girls after shaving my hair more than many of my friends with good look and full head of hair. it about your confidence. and No, i don't own a car. i travel with BMW (bus, MRT and walking).
Since u been using proscar for a year +...do u experience and serious side effect such as decrease in sex drive..etc..hehe??? Scare may affect prenancy when get marry in future.....
Old 06-01-2006, 11:47 PM   #164
Banned

Ya, i will try to be more patient and optimistic.... Update me your progress,... I may try ti get the alpecin shampoo next week....
that the way my friend. i will update you if i can notice anything out of my NS style. haha...

yeah. go get the shampoo. maybe you can see it this way. someone like the uncle who does not response to proscar and minoxidil yet that shampoo work for him show that it might be something useful for the rest of us.

to add on, he just stopped proscar for a week after 14months. so let hope that for the next one month, his hairloss does not get worst again. if not, it might be due to the proscar is actually the cause of his hairloss stopping. but i do not think so as proscar does not work the way he describe. shedding like crazy for the past 10months but after one week of using Alpecin, his hairloss just stopped and maintain for past 4months. anyway, only time can tell. either way, it show either proscar or Alpecin will work!!! haha...
Old 06-01-2006, 11:51 PM   #165

that the way my friend. i will update you if i can notice anything out of my NS style. haha...

yeah. go get the shampoo. maybe you can see it this way. someone like the uncle who does not response to proscar and minoxidil yet that shampoo work for him show that it might be something useful for the rest of us.

to add on, he just stopped proscar for a week after 14months. so let hope that for the next one month, his hairloss does not get worst again. if not, it might be due to the proscar is actually the cause of his hairloss stopping. but i do not think so as proscar does not work the way he describe. shedding like crazy for the past 10months but after one week of using Alpecin, his hairloss just stopped and maintain for past 4months. anyway, only time can tell. either way, it show either proscar or Alpecin will work!!! haha...
ok thank my friend... have a great weekend
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.