HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thinning Hair problem

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2006, 10:05 AM   #196

TCM may help. TCM usually focus on putting your bodily functions right. At the very least, u can be safe from side effects. Heard of He Shou Wu? It can help hairloss....try doing a net search for it...but its not cheap thou...

Isopropyl, do u know which salon near Hougang sell Alpecin C1? Like to try it.... btw, is Manuka from bodyshop really gd? how much it costs? Thks.
dsdoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #197
Banned

i not sure if TCM will help. there are no creditable study and research on this. i hope it help but well, Yun Nun and Beijing101 is using 100% herbal treatment too. go figure.

i not too sure. but i suggest you ring up the distributor at 67463688.

i find the manuka shampoo pretty good. at least it good for inflammation and itch in my case. anything that is good for scalp health somehow contribute in slowing hair loss. it might be a little drying for some. you can try sebamed Anti-dandruff shampoo as it should be very gentle.

forgot to add in. Manuka shampoo cost about $14plus for 200ml. there are also 400ml bottle but i not sure of the price. it around $20plus.

Last edited by Isopropyl; 20-01-2006 at 10:55 AM..
Isopropyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #198

Just another qns...where can I get Nizoral? Any stores selling?
dsdoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 08:30 PM   #199
Banned

Just another qns...where can I get Nizoral? Any stores selling?
haiz.. this have been answer many times liao. i understand this thread is getting too long for easy reading.

anyway, Nizoral come in 1% and 2% version. the 1% version can be buy in most guardian or NTUC unity pharmacy. for the 2% version, you have to ask the pharmacist for it. tell them you are using for dandruff. i got mine without prescription. they just allow me to have it. i not sure about others as i only brought it once. both come in 100ml bottle. remember you only need to use 2-3times per week.

for 1% it cost around $18.90. 2% version cost about $20-$22 dollars. normally, NTUC unity cost slightly cheaper. CGH pharmacy is selling the 1% version at $15.90. i not sure of the cost for 2% version at CGH.
Old 20-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #200

how about acupuncture?? any1 has experienced with it?
Asymtope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #201

I will just say only finasteride is the one that is worth trying. As for other treatments, they are not worth the money IMO. Unless you want to try hair transplant.
ultimatesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2006, 05:10 PM   #202
Banned

well, if one is daring enough, you can try flutamide. it is use for prostate cancer. flutamide is very powerful in blocking the activity of testosterone. side effect range from reduce in manhood, growing of tits to liver failure. normally, patient is given up to 750mg 3times a day. other than for prostate cancer, some doctor use smaller dosage for female with facial hairs. also, some male transexual use it to reduce testosterone before thier operation.

for hair loss, many use 2% lotion on the scalp. so far, most studies suggest that the effect for hair loss is due internal effect when being absorbed into the system rather than acting locally on the scalp. but the dosage is small so most likely it should be safe.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #203

Splitting Proscar in 4

Been using Proscar for the last 3 months and already i'm seeing results. Hair is thicker (rougher too =)) and less hair loss. Problem i have is splitting the Proscar tablet into 4 equal sizes. I saw the diagram for splitting into 5, but how about 4? Tx.
sonicblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #204

Hi Isopropyl,

How is the Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo that you are using? Is it effective?
muchie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #205
Banned

Been using Proscar for the last 3 months and already i'm seeing results. Hair is thicker (rougher too =)) and less hair loss. Problem i have is splitting the Proscar tablet into 4 equal sizes. I saw the diagram for splitting into 5, but how about 4? Tx.
lucky you!!! if 3months you are having record, can't imagine what it can do for you 1-2years down the road. good luck!!!

splitting it into 4parts is fine. don't worry.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #206
Banned

Hi Isopropyl,

How is the Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo that you are using? Is it effective?
same as propecia, minoxidil, and nizoral, seriously i can't really tell is it working. although my hair is thinning, my hair loss is still in the normal range and i cut my hair really short so i really have no idea is any of the treatment i am using is working. somemore i am only using it for 1month. you need at least 6-12months to guage whether a product is working or not.

to add on, the uncle i mention that intro me to alpecin result is still holding up at the 5months mark after quitting propecia.

Last edited by Isopropyl; 06-02-2006 at 07:34 PM..
Old 07-02-2006, 06:19 AM   #207
Banned

i cut my hair down to #2. at the upper back of my head can see a clear U-shaped whiter patch than the lower half. my mum ask me whether am i losing a lot of hair. i just shake it off by saying a bit. ah!!!! how that hurt

losing hair suck
Old 07-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #208

same as propecia, minoxidil, and nizoral, seriously i can't really tell is it working. although my hair is thinning, my hair loss is still in the normal range and i cut my hair really short so i really have no idea is any of the treatment i am using is working. somemore i am only using it for 1month. you need at least 6-12months to guage whether a product is working or not.

to add on, the uncle i mention that intro me to alpecin result is still holding up at the 5months mark after quitting propecia.
I think the problem with using a few products is that you have difficulty knowing which one works for you... Haha... I think I will get the shampoo soon to try out for a few months 1st...
muchie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:16 AM   #209
Master Member

jus bought my 2nd bottle of growell 5% from guardian.. wow it's a whopping $73.50 now!!
should hav bought some more that time when the price was $58.80 each.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #210
Master Member

jus bought my 2nd bottle of growell 5% from guardian.. wow it's a whopping $73.50 now!!
should hav bought some more that time when the price was $58.80 each.
wat! they increased the price of growell? crap.......must be a sudden increase of balding men in singapore.....hahaha.....but seriously if u feel minox works for u then u might wanna consider getting generic versions over the net......they are much cheaper even when u add in the shipping costs.
ferocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.