Thinning Hair problem

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #5911

Stress and lack of sleep cause hair thinning
Fay909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #5912
Master Member

I just started taking propecia and immediately felt the side effects: erection take longer to get to 100%, penis smaller when flaccid mode and have been having constant insomnia right after taking. Only took pill for 2 days and stopped...am I screwed?
disavowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:36 PM   #5913

Hairloss beyond DHT and What dr tell us.

Hairloss area always on the top of our scalp. Male or Female alike.

I have done some researched and reading. 2 things happen underneath the skin of bald scalp.
1. Fibrosis
2. Calcifications

Fibrosis is the scarred skin we get after we had a deep cut and it heals. Shiny smooth swelling skin. If we notice hard enough, like staring a bald guy in MRT or something. We might see the shiny smooth skin. Might notice slight swelling too. The Point is if we let our scalp go all the way to this stage, it's stretching so tight, no space for hair follicles to grow. Our hair follicles holes get smaller and smaller. Thinning friends reading here will understand. The hair we left growing out from existing holes is getting finer and finer. One day it will disappear altogether.

Calcifications are the build-up of calcium under the skin. its a mechanism our body does to fight inflammation, Heatiness in our local term. Doctor notice calcifications in tuberculosis patients. Those who survive tuberculosis have calcifications at the wall of their lungs. It went go away once their body was no longer a threat to the illness. So the same thing is found under the skin of the balding man scalp. It blocks blood vessels from connecting with the hair follicles. So no blood circulation to it and we go botak lah.

DHT is not fully the culprit. It makes no sense as when we are teenagers, out DHT and testosterone are thru the roof and yet most of us are not balding and in the prime of everything. People like me who have facial, chest and hairy everywhere hair but thinning scalp. It doesn't seem to add up. Why only our scalp loses hair? Yet my chest, face, below and legs are not balding? Anyone here has balding other than scalp? If not Why DHT is not attacking there.

Something is happening at our scalp level.

Personally IMHO:
Something is causing inflammation on the scalp. Which leads DHT plus maybe 5 alpha-reductase on our scalp to attack and heal/prevent that inflammation from getting worse. Just like the tuberculosis findings. What are causing inflammations? My guesses are
1. Non Elasticity on our balding area. e.g. we can pinch any part of our skin that is still growing hair. Pinch your skin and can fold type of pinch if that makes sense lol. Then go and try and pinch your scalp. Can you pinch and fold your scalp easily? Reader here who can pinch and fold, do you still have hair above? if not, probably you are more on the stress induce, mal nutrients/over nutrients, heavy metal poisoning. Those whom like my dad and my friends who allow me to pinch their scalp (hair all gone type). They all have very very tight skin on their scalp. esp areas at the top! Smooth to touch and very slight swelling.

2. Those with no tightness and have diffuse thinning. We are allergic to some type of food in our daily diet. Young times have more hair, so we never noticed any hair drop while eating that food. So drop drop drop also not a problem. not noticeable. Till we have less than 50% left from the original. hairstylist always the first to tell us. So many GMO food that we ate nowadays. long list to go thru.
- Men over 30, we might have too much iron in our body also. I just found out too. So i am going to do blood donation a couple of times a year. Probably 3 to 4 months once. Let go of too much iron storage.

- Vegan, you are the opposite. you have to take iron haha.

3. Thyroid problems that cause our hormones to change. Esp in women. Men might be caused by food. e.g. gluten.

As for me. I am mixture of both male pattern baldness with something happening in my body. I have diffuse thinning, happens within 6 months all 70% gone. Very scary. Scalp is semi soft and foldable.

My current routine help stabilize those shredding. still looking for where to take those allergy test, thyroid test, gut test, blood test, nutrient test, heavy metal test. If got recommendation, please let me know. I will want to find out more.

Lastely its just my own findings. not to start a debate that DHT is the only cause. Only Finasteride and minoxidil helps. Those 2 are patent to make money. no way they will let any other new findings survive to debunk their biases towards hairloss. even cancer advances so many steps ahead of hairloss. someone here say their doctor took it for 20yrs. there you go. 20 years and no change in this industry. If I am the manufacturer. I will buy out any raising star that poises a threat and continue my next 20yrs of multi billions industry.

phew talk too much haha.. hope it helps someone with some of my little research
daweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:57 PM   #5914
Arch-Supremacy Member

Either take finasteride and keep what you have or just shave it off.

Minoxidil alone will help but not sure about the long run as there is still circulating DHT attacking the hair follicles that are genetically sensitive to it.

Finasteride and Minoxidil seems to yield the best results though.

all the best in your individual fights.
simon_84 likes this.
trickle_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 09:52 PM   #5915

Anyone had bald patches (alopecia areta) as a result of low White blood cell count, & managed to see a doctor to resolve it? Can recommend the doctor? Thanks! Asking on behalf of my husband.
Gummibears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #5916
Supremacy Member

anyone know where to get regaine foam 3 bottles box type

qoo10 all these stop selling
Lafiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 09:56 AM   #5917

Thanks for the infos.
vuzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #5918
Honorary Member

Anyone had bald patches (alopecia areta) as a result of low White blood cell count, & managed to see a doctor to resolve it? Can recommend the doctor? Thanks! Asking on behalf of my husband.
Dr Lynn Teo from dermatology practice @ novena.
Her credentials is well known.
popdod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 09:36 PM   #5919
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have been balding since i was 18. But it progressed slowly so now I am 38. Top of scalp is almost bald but still have thick side hairs. I am hestitating to shave it all.
Ye_Rongtian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 08:30 PM   #5920
Supremacy Member

i had a terrible headache upon 1st use of Loreal Serioxyl denser. anyone had the same experience?
Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #5921
Supremacy Member

show ur appointment card to your CM.
Henlo! 👋🏻 This may be random but i got posted to hta (police national service) in oct (pes b4). I've been losing hair for some time and I've contacted the national skin centre for an appt.
The earliest they can do is in November but I'll still be in bpt at that point of time. It's difficult to get a leave for a day just for that reason right? If so, please advise me :-( thank u
Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2019, 07:28 PM   #5922

i have extra one last box of generic propecia (finasteride 1mg). anybody interested let me know ba.
derensux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:07 PM   #5923

I heard propecia has side effect?
jordancheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:33 PM   #5924

Hi guys,

Roaring 40s means my mane is walking into the sunset

I was wondering: what are my best options please? (with and without prescriptions). Will it be expensive to keep what I still have on my head? (or are there options to keep cost low?)

Thank you!
choubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #5925

I have thinning hair prb too. Heard from relative who said people with soft /thin hair should avoid conditioner. They also said we need to wash hair daily to prevent oily and hair drop... what do you all think esp ladies?
sunbear71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.