HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

What GYM for Newbies

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #1

What GYM for Newbies

I'm trying to make my physique a priority (already bought my mass gainer protein powder all I need now is a good gym) ._.

Ever since the renovation, the activeSG at Woodlands has been so damn packed and so is every other outlet. I would really appreciate if someone could point out which gyms I should consider.

Deciding factor:
- Crowd
- Membership period (No point buying a 1 year membership cause I'm gonna start staying in soon)
- Price (IF there are any 21 and below/nsf promo would be good too)
hhhqqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #2

I've taken a look at GymmBoxx and I even considered signing up bc it's 24 hours and they have a 3 month membership option but I read previously that the people wasted their time waiting to use the equipments but if anyone has any new inputs, do share!
hhhqqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #3

I've taken a look at GymmBoxx and I even considered signing up bc it's 24 hours and they have a 3 month membership option but I read previously that the people wasted their time waiting to use the equipments but if anyone has any new inputs, do share!
Go for a trial (preferably more than 1 day) to find out if it's true. GymmBoxx also has per entry rates so you can do that too to try it out before committing.

HWZ lifting Stats

iherb code - SIH278
galapogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #4

Yah - Always go for trial. Push for 7 day trial so u can go different times and days to see how busy.... one day trial not enough
Old 10-11-2018, 02:15 AM   #5

use activeSG?
feigningfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #6

I train at PURE fitness
Old 18-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #7
Greater Supremacy Member

Gymmboxx can be quite crowded during weekdays evenings n weekend morning

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT
Illusionist_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #8

It's not that bad.. Activesg is way worse than the waiting time at gymmboxx. There will be crowd at evening times but it's not so bad until like at activesg where you just dont get to use the equipment at all. If you want no (or actually, little - not none at all) crowd, just go at 5-6am. Srsly. Even if you don't live near any branch at walking distance, take the first train.
speanutbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.