HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wrong in fitness routine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #1

Wrong in fitness routine

Hi am I do wrongly?

I have been going to cardio classes such as body attack,body step and body combat at least 4x a week.

I do watch out my diet somedays count calories, somedays not.

Itís been 4.5month. The weight is maintaining and the body fat percentage is maintaining too.

What am i suppose to do?
candaceyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 04:11 PM   #2
Master Member

On the days that you are not counting your calories, you most probably took in more than your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure).

From what you described, it seems you are not watching what you are consuming strictly enough (we often underestimate the amount of calories and serving of food we consume).

It is a hassle to document your food and count the calories, but it is the best way to know how much, or how little you have consumed during the day.

Over time you should be able to estimate your daily caloric needs, from some of the more common items you eat regularly.

Try cutting out processed, fried, sugary, food and drinks. You should see a dip in your body fat percentage, coupled with your weekly workout routine.

Try upping your protein intake as well, as it makes you feel fuller, and takes up more energy to digest, thus making you feel satiated for a longer period of time.
Aizenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #3

i assume you have reached a rather low body fat percentage now and lost some weight by either increasing calorie out through exercises or reducing calorie in through lower food intake. however, this calorie deficit method can only work for about 3-4 months then our body will start to adapt by reducing metabolism, thus you stopped losing weight because now your calorie in/out is longer in deficit.

what you need to do now is to increase your muscle mass which will raise your metabolism so that the calorie deficit can happen again. based on your description, you are doing too much cardio classes which are generally detrimental to muscle retention, so reduce these and do weightlifting or resistance training to increase your muscle mass.

also reconsider your food intake to have a balance amount of carbs, fats and protein instead of just counting the calories because the food composition determines your body composition.
nasatanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.