[Official cycling thread]

xiaorazor

Reaction score
hi, juz got my MTB recently.. from north area.. haven got any lock for my bicycle.. got any gd recommendation for bicycle lock?

taka8gohiko

Reaction score
Hi ppl,

Just wanna ask a few questions regarding cycling on the road. I guess some of you had cycled and are familiar with the road from yishun to amk via Lentor ave where there's a filtering to expressway. just wanna check do you guys keep to the left or keep to the edge of the second lane. I personally find it hard to switch to the second lane later bcos of the fast vehicles and heavy traffic going towards expr way and find myself stuck at the entrance to expressway, but if I cycle on the second lane I get lots of vehicle horning at me even tho I'm keeping as close to the edge as possible. Also are cyclist allow on the bus lane? (cos I get horned by some bus driver a well in the city area.. although very few.) hope someone can advise me. Rather new to road cycle and not familiar with the regulation. Tia. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it

Last edited:

fishercell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
29th April 2012 - Remembering Mr Paul Lim 128Km ride (Registration closed)

LovecyclingSG will ride on this Sunday for remembering Mr Paul Lim.
More on what happened.
smallwheelsbigsmile: Goodbye Paul, RIP, I will miss u!

Please cheer and support the team if you happen to meet us.

Ride Safe. Thank you.

Ride details: 29th April 2012 - Remembering Paul Lim 128Km ride (Registration is closed)

Join LovecyclingSG facebook for latest update of the ride event, bike discussion, information/news.

ride safe!!!

michael70

Reaction score
I am looking for users of Aleoca Bicycles, that have recently purchased your Aleoca bicycles within 6 months or less and your aleoca bicycle have parts that failed with 6 months of normal riding (not puntured tyres, no off road, trail, jumping down the stairs etc) and you have not repaired the bicycle or do not intent to repair the bicycle due to the cost of repair.

I am willing to offer up to $300 for your bicycle, irregardless of its conditions. Please pm me for further details.

Revealed

Banned
Reaction score
Increasing Visibility on Road to help others motorist see us easier.

Hey guys,

Saw this page on fb: facebook.com/VisUPsg

They are selling some interesting products like Virtual Bike Lane and Message on Wheels. You guys may want to take a look.

DenonDJ

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread...looking to sell off my Focus Fatboy mountain bike which i ride less then 10 times...selling due to underutilize of the bike...in excellent condition..bought at around $1600 with receipt to show...open to any reasonable offers..SMS me at 81387665 thanks

Iced-T

Reaction score
Polygon Helios 100

Hi i own a polygon helios 100. My rear derailleur sheared off from the bicycle frame. Does anyone know around how much a new derailleur would cost for this bike (shimano)?

Romenscia

Reaction score
Where can i go to modify my bike? Like install lights? Don't want those very overpriced one.. My friend told me the last time i modify cost 150 like that can do for about 30..

totoro17

Reaction score
Any east cycling trip coming up??? I gt no car to bring down my road bike to meet u....

HeroIsHere

Reaction score
I was on my ebike exploratory trip and saw a big entourage of cyclist (20+) at the red bridge to lor halus/Pasir ris last Saturday.

Are you one of them?

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recently wanted to pickup cycling kinda for leisure. So I was wondering whether to restoring my dad's old road bike(i think is a road bike) which he bought like in the late 80s or buy a new bike instead.

No visible brands are on the bike expect some decals of "Shimano Aero Racing Components" on the frame and two engraving on the handle "Jae Chen Custom" & "Road Champion".

After I could it for a ride and an initial inspection, I realised the rear brake isn't working really well and the front wheel have splitted at various area.

So do you guys think it is worth to restore this bike?

might be better to post ur question at this thread.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/ask-bicycle-question-part-3-a-4217945.html

what is ur budget to restore the bike?
minimal, u should change the brakes and tyres, but a closer look at the braking system should be done to make sure safety is there...

ngwixn

Reaction score

illest

Reaction score
Is there any cycling group for roadies? Hopefully a groups that is open to ALL.

alfseeto

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m thinking of cycling to work rather than driving once my office moves to a location nearer to my place. However, I have never cycled on Singapore roads before. I know how to cycle but I don’t own a bike so I hardly ever do it. Much appreciated if you could answer some questions.
Distance to work is not a lot, roughly 8km but some uphill. For those who are familiar, it would be along Clementi Road (from Ngee Ann poly to Buona Vista MRT direction). I considered jogging to work but it would be difficult with a heavy laptop.

1. Is it safer to stay on the pavement to avoid cars? During peak hour in the mornings, traffic is very heavy along Clementi Road and is practically at a standstill. How does that affect cycling?
2. I’m a cycling newbie so I don’t know anything about changing gears for going uphill. What do I need to look out for when buying a bike? Is a foldable bike suitable?
3. If I recall, recently there was a cycling death along Clementi road, just outside Ngee Ann Poly. What do you guys think? Is it too unsafe to cycle?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.