HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official cycling thread]

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #2086
Great Supremacy Member

Simple. Bring industrial chain lock then any1 else wanna share with u charge them 1 dollar per week
LOL, I bought two Abus Granit X-Plus U-locks back when I was in Aussie with my NRS, even then, I didn't dare leave the bike out of my sight.
i dun use lock, my way is to BE BESIDE UR BIKE!
LOL true But when you go for classes then how?
TheoDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #2087
Great Supremacy Member

hi there, im planning to get a giant iguana disc. any comments/advice for me?
Should be good.
TheoDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #2088
Supremacy Member

anybody here into Fixies?

iHerb Discount Code : TEJ120
yamihamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #2089
Honorary Member

LOL, I bought two Abus Granit X-Plus U-locks back when I was in Aussie with my NRS, even then, I didn't dare leave the bike out of my sight.

LOL true But when you go for classes then how?
seat on the bike and be attentive in class
Old 10-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #2090
Supremacy Member

anyone needs a helmet....got a giro rift series here to sell...worn 4times...bought at $110

no damages......selling coz the fitting doesn't real suit me....

http://www.giro.com/site/#/product/cycling/sport/rift/

my is the all black one....pm me if you are keen....sure give good price....
Keo_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #2091
Master Member

Should be good.
hokay!~ planning to hoot tacho meter too.. any suggestions and lobang?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #2092
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anybody read strait times today regarding redesigning singapore transport system. They ask an expert for advice.

He claim for bicycle to be included part of Sg transport system, more protection shall be given to cyclist.

But he claim government does have a clue what to do with bicycle for Sg transport system

I fully agree with what he mention!
Don't think it will be as popular as in holland or other countries due to our climate. You wouldn't want to step into office in the morning stinking and sweating.
pew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #2093

hello. where do you guys meet up and leave to cycle ah? i'm interested
ilovesashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #2094
Master Member

Don't think it will be as popular as in holland or other countries due to our climate. You wouldn't want to step into office in the morning stinking and sweating.
If u really want to cycle to work. Most logic things to do is to bring spare clothes and towel. Those guys in Holland do that too. U think they really wear suit and tie and cycle in Holland? Very short distance, they may but bulk of them wear cycling attire. I used to have a Dutch boss. Even he came to Singapore and encounter the hot weather does not deter him from cycling to work. In fact, he claim Singapore weather is best for cycling. Cos no snowing. Almost everyday, u can cycle!

Sh*tyou[QUOTE]
nah saw a few pic of that. The trainer actually throw in a piece of meat to lure it to learn how to swim. didn't u realise that tiger dun swim? they are afriad of water.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by WuSangui; 11-05-2009 at 09:14 AM..
WuSangui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #2095
Master Member

My suggestion: Government to built air pump and quick charger for bicycle and electric bicycle on gas stations. Ezlink card can be used to make payment for usage. If there is no space constraint, a small cafe can be incorporated (some gas stations have that) while cyclists can wind down. It can be a source for revenue too. More connectors can be built too.
Air pump u can get it at any petrol kiosk.

Electric bike? Presently no interested , Maybe when I am older then consider.

Sh*tyou[QUOTE]
nah saw a few pic of that. The trainer actually throw in a piece of meat to lure it to learn how to swim. didn't u realise that tiger dun swim? they are afriad of water.
[/QUOTE]
Old 11-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #2096
Supremacy Member

anyone needs a helmet....got a giro rift series here to sell...worn 4times...bought at $110

no damages......selling coz the fitting doesn't real suit me....

http://www.giro.com/site/#/product/cycling/sport/rift/

my is the all black one....pm me if you are keen....sure give good price....
can i meet you to try?

my head a bit big...
Old 11-05-2009, 09:22 AM   #2097
Master Member

Wah bro, then how you secure your bike? Maybe share tips so that other people who want to cycle to school/work but are afraid of bike theft can find out how to protect their bikes too.
Secure yr bike at very crowded and populated areas. That is the best way to deter thief.

Even u used those strong chain lock but lock it at a secluded. Bike thief will have a way to open it.

Only a huge presence of passerby will deter them.

Of cos, yr lock cannot be too shabby too

Sh*tyou[QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Old 11-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #2098
Arch-Supremacy Member

Air pump u can get it at any petrol kiosk.

Electric bike? Presently no interested , Maybe when I am older then consider.
Motorists do not like it when bicylists hog the pump. No, electric bicycle is popular with young and old in the West. It is even common in PRC. We're just a dot. There are markets for all.
goaheadbingostan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #2099
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,just learnt cycling and inherited the bike in the attached pictures from my cousin.It's a Trek Mt 800 from about a decade ago.

As I am new to cycling,I don't think I would want to commit a large sum at one go to upgrade the said bike.However,I have identified the wheels and the brakes as the priority items to upgrade as the the spokes are rusty and the brakes doesn't look too good as well.Moreover,I'm not exactly like some yea....

Having read through the thread and done some googling on my own,I have come up with some items to purchase and I would appreciate if any of you would be so kind as to give me some guidance.

I am basically looking at replacing the wheels with DT Comp Spokes and Mavic 717 rims. I am looking at V brakes for the moment but would of course be considering getting disc brakes in the near future.In the premises thereof,I would appreciate recommendations for now a affordable ($100+?) pair of V brakes for now and of course for other parts to futureproof my wheelset when I do decide to go for disc brake. That is of course based on the premise that this frame can accomdate disc brake (please advise)

I hope I have not exhausted your patience and goodwill with my noobish questions and I thank you in anticipation of your reply(ies)

The rear wheel

Rusty wheel
Old 12-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #2100
Arch-Supremacy Member

mavic 717 are very good . If u dont do offroading and dont fly down stairs then get those thick(forgot whats the thickness) slick tyres.
Vee brakes ar. Tektro? Although i'm using shimanos for my hybrid.

Welcome to cycling
ludacris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.