HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official cycling thread]

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2009, 01:03 AM   #2101
Arch-Supremacy Member

mavic 717 are very good . If u dont do offroading and dont fly down stairs then get those thick(forgot whats the thickness) slick tyres.
Vee brakes ar. Tektro? Although i'm using shimanos for my hybrid.

Welcome to cycling
Thank you for the reply,I suppose I need to get a new hub as well?Anything other items I should need to get?Thank you.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:20 AM   #2102
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hmm for now i guess ur still new so can get grips,seat?
Hub i think ask for reccomendations from the people manning the shop ur going too.

Try to source for 2nd hand parts for things like handlebar/stem/seatposts if your on a budget. Of coz check b4 viewing .

Maybe can get deore groupset if you go extra cash to burn to make shifting slightly better than stock.
ludacris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:24 AM   #2103
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hmm for now i guess ur still new so can get grips,seat?
Hub i think ask for reccomendations from the people manning the shop ur going too.

Try to source for 2nd hand parts for things like handlebar/stem/seatposts if your on a budget. Of coz check b4 viewing .

Maybe can get deore groupset if you go extra cash to burn to make shifting slightly better than stock.
Thanks for the prompt reply,you've been a great help!
Old 12-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #2104
Honorary Member

mavic 717/dt comp/xt hubs - $350~
vee brakes can look for Avid SD7, or the shimano mtb range(deore, LX, XT).. shud hover ard $100+..
Old 12-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #2105
Arch-Supremacy Member

mavic 717/dt comp/xt hubs - $350~
vee brakes can look for Avid SD7, or the shimano mtb range(deore, LX, XT).. shud hover ard $100+..
Thanks tecnica,assuming I change all those stuff,any other stuff that I need to budget for?Like deraileur or fork or anything?That is on the premise that I am upgrading to disc brakes in the future when I decide to go offroad.As before,thank you for your reply.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #2106
Honorary Member

Thanks tecnica,assuming I change all those stuff,any other stuff that I need to budget for?Like deraileur or fork or anything?That is on the premise that I am upgrading to disc brakes in the future when I decide to go offroad.As before,thank you for your reply.
u need to check whether ur fork and frame is disc ready, that is does the fork and frame have disc tabs..

if there is no disc tab u cant install disc brake, although i knew there are disc adapter ard..

assuming ur fork and frame already have disc tabs, u need to get disc hubs for ur wheelset in order to mount the rotors

so in short:

fork/frame: to mount disc caliper
wheelset: to mount rotor

both essential for a disc brake system.. hydraulic or mechanical, tats another discussion altgt when u decide to go for disc brake

OR! to save all the trouble and still assuming ur fork and frame is disc ready! u can up ur brake budget to $250~ and get Avid BB7 mechanical disc calipers coupled with Avid SD7 brake levers, then hoot 2x centrelock rotorsl

ur bike will be trail worthy in days to come~

Last edited by tecnica; 12-05-2009 at 08:49 PM..
tecnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #2107
Arch-Supremacy Member

u need to check whether ur fork and frame is disc ready, that is does the fork and frame have disc tabs..

if there is no disc tab u cant install disc brake, although i knew there are disc adapter ard..

assuming ur fork and frame already have disc tabs, u need to get disc hubs for ur wheelset in order to mount the rotors

so in short:

fork/frame: to mount disc caliper
wheelset: to mount rotor

both essential for a disc brake system.. hydraulic or mechanical, tats another discussion altgt when u decide to go for disc brake

OR! to save all the trouble and still assuming ur fork and frame is disc ready! u can up ur brake budget to $250~ and get Avid BB7 mechanical disc calipers coupled with Avid SD7 brake levers, then hoot 2x centrelock rotorsl

ur bike will be trail worthy in days to come~
Thanks for answering all my queries,I really appreciate it!
Old 13-05-2009, 01:15 AM   #2108
Honorary Member

Thanks for answering all my queries,I really appreciate it!
no problem~
Old 15-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #2109

HI DUDES!

any new road bike for about 1k which is good?

can intro me? planning to get a road bike to replace my MTB.
ilovesashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #2110
Master Member

HI DUDES!

any new road bike for about 1k which is good?

can intro me? planning to get a road bike to replace my MTB.
Helio 300 from Rodalink!

Polygon brand 6months ago check the price is $930

Btw, are u going for competition? If not , why not get an hybrid? MTB style bic running on 700c wheel.

Sh*tyou[QUOTE]
nah saw a few pic of that. The trainer actually throw in a piece of meat to lure it to learn how to swim. didn't u realise that tiger dun swim? they are afriad of water.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by WuSangui; 15-05-2009 at 12:05 PM..
WuSangui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #2111

Helio 300 from Rodalink!

Polygon brand 6months ago check the price is $930

Btw, are u going for competition? If not , why not get an hybrid? MTB style bic running on 700c wheel.
hello hello thanks for quick reply!
i don't think i will be going for competition. if i wanna get a hybrid . my MTB must be hard tail + will be still heavier in whatever way. which is a no-no for me in mtbiking. how ah? my MTB max speed is only 51km/h. i wanna go higher to maybe 70 , possible to do it with a road bike? advisable to get a road bike for a person like me?
Old 15-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #2112
Honorary Member

i don't think i will be going for competition. if i wanna get a hybrid . my MTB must be hard tail + will be still heavier in whatever way. which is a no-no for me in mtbiking. how ah? my MTB max speed is only 51km/h. i wanna go higher to maybe 70 , possible to do it with a road bike? advisable to get a road bike for a person like me?
buy a car/motorbike.. easily can x2 the speed..
Old 15-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #2113

buy a car/motorbike.. easily can x2 the speed..
what thrill do you get from stepping on the accelerator?

high speed cycling is shiok
Old 16-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #2114

max speed 51km/h can maintain how long ? my max is 56.3km/h but can't maintain. go fast no use if you can't maintain.
.-*-.至尊宝.-*-. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #2115

can maintain about 5km. then tired already. need a little of downhill la. LOL :S
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.