[Official cycling thread]

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
who got speedo to sell? i wan to buy but low budget... can less then $20 will be good.. :o

WuSangui

Master Member
Reaction score
240 engagement lose out to XTR.

I 'downgraded' from hadley to XTR, lighter, smoother and easier to maintain.

Chris Kings are draggy, and I think the pair cost more than 600+

White industry is distributed by TR bikes, but u can get them at ur favourite bike shops

Pew.. are u sure of what u mention? I double check again. Dt swiss 240 hub is one of the best overall hub. Lightning engagement, definitely faster than yr mention XTR and in term of smoothness only loss out to white industries by a bit only. White industries hub is damm ugly and price same as DT swiss 240 hub. I like DT swiss 240 black and red combination. Looks more fashionable...

Looks like going to stick with DT swiss 240 with XR 4.1 rim.... To have the best, must fork out abit of money liao..

http://www.togoparts.com/articles/article.php?artid=118&pageid=1

Togo article mention DT swiss beat the 'S' company hub by everything..

On first impression, the immediate and smooth engagement provided by the hubs are obvious even to the newbie rider accustomed to hubs from the big “S” company. Without that laggy feeling, the moment you put your foot to the pedal, the translation into forward motion through the cranks, chain, cogset and hub is instantaneous.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pew.. are u sure of what u mention? I double check again. Dt swiss 240 hub is one of the best overall hub. Lightning engagement, definitely faster than yr mention XTR and in term of smoothness only loss out to white industries by a bit only. White industries hub is damm ugly and price same as DT swiss 240 hub. I like DT swiss 240 black and red combination. Looks more fashionable...

Looks like going to stick with DT swiss 240 with XR 4.1 rim.... To have the best, must fork out abit of money liao..

http://www.togoparts.com/articles/article.php?artid=118&pageid=1

Togo article mention DT swiss beat the 'S' company hub by everything..

On first impression, the immediate and smooth engagement provided by the hubs are obvious even to the newbie rider accustomed to hubs from the big “S” company. Without that laggy feeling, the moment you put your foot to the pedal, the translation into forward motion through the cranks, chain, cogset and hub is instantaneous.

IIRC DT hubs only 24 engagements, 07 XTR and 08 XT has 36. The previous shimano only has 16.

Usually more engagements will mean higher drag.

PS: See when the article was written, way b4 07 XTR are launched.

Not forgetting XTRs are 1/2 the price of DT240.

And 240s break easily

WI used to be 400+ only, but now TR bikes are distributing, price go up. And TR bike's prices are never friendly.

WuSangui

Master Member
Reaction score
IIRC DT hubs only 24 engagements, 07 XTR and 08 XT has 36. The previous shimano only has 16.

Usually more engagements will mean higher drag.

PS: See when the article was written, way b4 07 XTR are launched.

Not forgetting XTRs are 1/2 the price of DT240.

And 240s break easily

WI used to be 400+ only, but now TR bikes are distributing, price go up. And TR bike's prices are never friendly.

Dt 240 has lower engagement , I am not very sure. But so far the review for its engagement is still very positive. Togo review has prove that..Reason for its low spec of engagement maybe due to it different mechanism. Take note that DT 240 uses star ratchet which engages completely in a go to support a large torque instead of the usual pawl-type engagement. XTR 07 still has very bad engagement leh. I still saw a lot of review abt XTR 07 still comment abt it slow engagement despite the upgrade from previous series.Also I went to C2C and was info that white industries and DT swiss 240 is still way superior that latest XTR hub.. I will say, u pay for what u get.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dt 240 has lower engagement , I am not very sure. But so far the review for its engagement is still very positive. Togo review has prove that..Reason for its low spec of engagement maybe due to it different mechanism. Take note that DT 240 uses star ratchet which engages completely in a go to support a large torque instead of the usual pawl-type engagement. XTR 07 still has very bad engagement leh. I still saw a lot of review abt XTR 07 still comment abt it slow engagement despite the upgrade from previous series.Also I went to C2C and was info that white industries and DT swiss 240 is still way superior that latest XTR hub.. I will say, u pay for what u get.

*** a PM to neon in togoparts, he is using 240 iirc, ask him for review

AlfredAlfred

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, need some professional advince.

how much air should i fill the tire with?? roughly??

rock solid hard?
or
semi?
or 3/4 hard.

thanks people

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, need some professional advince.

how much air should i fill the tire with?? roughly??

rock solid hard?
or
semi?
or 3/4 hard.

thanks people

Usually the recommended pressure is written on the sidewall of the tire

For road, harder, offroad, softer

oyebto

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys, my cheap oem front suspension getting stiff..its a few years old already.. wil using oil like singer oil on it make it smoother? ani option other den buying a new fork? thanks!

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
anyway.. today i was at a lbs.. then this ah neh pump his market bike tyre until it burst.. knn.. the whole rim warp like shiat.. the wall some part also crack liao..

lucky no shrapnel if not i die cos i just beside him nia...

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi guys, my cheap oem front suspension getting stiff..its a few years old already.. wil using oil like singer oil on it make it smoother? ani option other den buying a new fork? thanks!

Probably have to get your fork serviced. :)

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

buy another one, tons of good as new (buy the bike liao immedietely itchy to upgrade)stock low end fork in the secondhand market cheap, the price can be cheaper than getting it serviced

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
buy another one, tons of good as new (buy the bike liao immedietely itchy to upgrade)stock low end fork in the secondhand market cheap, the price can be cheaper than getting it serviced

True, I think a low end Rock Shox can be bought for $100+ or search on togoparts for people selling their low end fork cheap when they want to upgrade. :D

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True, I think a low end Rock Shox can be bought for $100+ or search on togoparts for people selling their low end fork cheap when they want to upgrade. :D

I sold my almost mint Dart 2 for 70 bux :(

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Found a buyer for my wheelset, think later try to hoot the new set :crazy: If not dun need to cycle for 2 weeks :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.