[Official cycling thread]

Alpha_Hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tecnica, pew, alpha .. what are the essential components to get for a brand new mtb huh ? should I get a cateyes or fenix for the front ? know where I can get a planet bike superflash blinky ? any recommendation for computers ?

fenix is superbright but do you really need it? If got budget and u often cycle at night. Yeah why not.

Plant Bike Superflash blinky can get from US.

Computers I using Cateye Wireless Strada . If low budget can use those with wires, but personally i dun like too many wires running.

zenotic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fenix is superbright but do you really need it? If got budget and u often cycle at night. Yeah why not.

Plant Bike Superflash blinky can get from US.

Computers I using Cateye Wireless Strada . If low budget can use those with wires, but personally i dun like too many wires running.

The thing about fenix is that its detachable for other uses. Superflash blinky only can get from States ah ?

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went for trail today on semi slicks. 1st time ride there.. Is it advisable to go alone? Planning to go the one at gangsa ? i think. can a not ah?

Auggie

Master Member
Reaction score
hey if i am currently using presta tubing cannot change to schrader valves liao? Actually is because of the rim hole right??

audioenslave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, watz the price range for a pair of xt shimano hydraulic disc brakes? i tink i m gng to swap them over the old mechanical disc brakes i m having now.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
for xt hydros you are looking at high 300 without rotors.. with rotors prolly mid 400 but also depending on wat rotors you get..

jap yen rising like crazy.. not a good time to buy..

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
headlight get HL135, rear light TD610.. good enough.. but if u do night trails.. get some halogen lights for flood lighting

Alpha_Hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The thing about fenix is that its detachable for other uses. Superflash blinky only can get from States ah ?

Unless locally someone bring in. There are some MO going on for Superflash at SMBF.com

hey if i am currently using presta tubing cannot change to schrader valves liao? Actually is because of the rim hole right??

It depends on your rims. If the hole is big enough, yes. Some rims can only use presta.

guys, watz the price range for a pair of xt shimano hydraulic disc brakes? i tink i m gng to swap them over the old mechanical disc brakes i m having now.

2008 Second hand XT with 160mm rotors selling 280mm ai mai?:o

Alpha_Hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went for trail today on semi slicks. 1st time ride there.. Is it advisable to go alone? Planning to go the one at gangsa ? i think. can a not ah?

can but better go with friend. In case, up lorry still got ppl call your next of kin.

hdrcorp

Reaction score
Is Gangsa a good place for beginners? I want to try off road riding but scared I cannot make it out alive. Where is it btw? Anyone in the north mind bringing me there?

audioenslave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for xt hydros you are looking at high 300 without rotors.. with rotors prolly mid 400 but also depending on wat rotors you get..

jap yen rising like crazy.. not a good time to buy..

went to one of the bike shop at taman jurong was quoted $430 for the whole xt hydra disc brake set.......izit worth to get?

then the uncle recommend me the shimano deore lx hydra disc brake set for $307...which is oso tempting.....

which one wld b better..cos i wld go more for trail riding ( but at a more leisurely pace rather than competitive, my gut is telling me to stick to deore lx for the pricing)hmm..

wat do u guys reckon?

Last edited:

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much is a big crankset ah? Bigger means better acceleration? or top speed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.