HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official cycling thread]

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #1396
Banned

hasa is from taiwan. 800 dollars abit shocking. What are the parts?
shimano parts all over with judy shocks.. surprising eh...? but so far so goodno problems at all.. bring to tampines bike park trash also nothing happen
iceboy1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:16 AM   #1397
Banned

Got see my post?? My choice is inclined towards Xtrada. 8-speed, not too bad parts. Think its the most value-for-$
yeah.. xtrada's not bad.. astroz in my opinion.. if you're rich then buy that.. cos the shocks.. are REALLY soft...suicide if you use it for jumps and stuff... even go down kerb might be dangerous if the kerb a little high.. most people i see with astroz(excluding the uncles at coffeeshops) they change their shocks to something else.. which would cost about 100$/++

well.. mine got stolen.. so am using hasa now
Old 04-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #1398

yeah.. xtrada's not bad.. astroz in my opinion.. if you're rich then buy that.. cos the shocks.. are REALLY soft...suicide if you use it for jumps and stuff... even go down kerb might be dangerous if the kerb a little high.. most people i see with astroz(excluding the uncles at coffeeshops) they change their shocks to something else.. which would cost about 100$/++

well.. mine got stolen.. so am using hasa now
Stolen? tats like quite common..btw wat type of lock is the best? Seems like those big and thick metal chains like can easily cut also..

Is the Xtrada's shocks also soft? Thinking whether the Wheeler Pro19 2009 or Merida 40V will be better, but surely more ex..
Bodyslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #1399
Master Member

Stolen? tats like quite common..btw wat type of lock is the best? Seems like those big and thick metal chains like can easily cut also..

Is the Xtrada's shocks also soft? Thinking whether the Wheeler Pro19 2009 or Merida 40V will be better, but surely more ex..
Get those high grad stainless steel chain or U-lock. The heavier the better. All can be saw but good lock will take theives long time to saw it off and if u park at crowded location. They will hesitate to strike yr bike. If u use lock, pls use temble lock which is very hard to lock pick. Spring lock will be easier to lock pick.

Sh*tyou[QUOTE]
nah saw a few pic of that. The trainer actually throw in a piece of meat to lure it to learn how to swim. didn't u realise that tiger dun swim? they are afriad of water.
[/QUOTE]
WuSangui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #1400
Master Member

hello peop. do you guy buy any air horns or bells on your bike?

sometimes road traffic so heavy. hard to cycle, cycle on pavement also cannot cycle fast...... cycle on road. the bus keep blocking my way also, sometimes constructionwork a bit dangerous to ride on road.

so do you guys install those air horns to notify cars on road that u are approaching ?

i read about the airzound airhorn but that comes witha little weird bottle. i know that u nid to refill the air if u run out of it... but necessary to mount the bottle? or just pump air when u run out of air like ur tyres? if nid to mount the bottle to use the airhorn.. i thinking of perhaps getting a bell or nothing at all.

hope someone can shed some light on this~
U honk them also useless. They will heck care u one. Most important is defensive riding, anticipate their move and situation awareness when riding in heavy traffic.

Sh*tyou[QUOTE]
nah saw a few pic of that. The trainer actually throw in a piece of meat to lure it to learn how to swim. didn't u realise that tiger dun swim? they are afriad of water.
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #1401
Banned

[QUOTE=Bodyslam;35517482]Stolen? tats like quite common..btw wat type of lock is the best? Seems like those big and thick metal chains like can easily cut also..

Is the Xtrada's<textarea name="message" id="vB_Editor_001_textarea" rows="10" cols="60" style="display:block; width:540px; height:250px" tabindex="1" dir="ltr">

for me.. after my Astroz was stolen.. i didnt bother going bike shop get locks
i went to DIY shops.. or those hardware shops.. and bought 3 chains.. 2 long 1 medium length.. and 3 locks.. total about 120$(3 locks alone already 90+ lol)

heavy as hell.. but it does scares off the theives
cos i parked it outside bedok mrt(where my Astroz was stolen) left it there for 7 hours.. still intact

and in regards to the Xtrada's shocks.. im not sure myself.. havent actually rode one.. but since i saw someone used it to jump at tampines bike park.. should be hard enough la yep..

Last edited by iceboy1183; 04-02-2009 at 01:40 PM..
Old 04-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #1402
Banned

U honk them also useless. They will heck care u one. Most important is defensive riding, anticipate their move and situation awareness when riding in heavy traffic.
how loud is one? and where to get?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #1403
Master Member

how loud is one? and where to get?
If u really want to get one. Carrefour have but the air bottle is damm big.

Sh*tyou[QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #1404
Banned

=/ then LBS got sell those smaller ones? price range how much?
Old 04-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #1405
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't know about the price of it sold at Carrefour, but my friend got one selling at the same brand bike outlet in the very big supermarket in Tampines which is almost $20 more than the one I got at a LBS. Exactly the same model. Unless they adjusted the price later.

Last edited by patcheon; 04-02-2009 at 08:08 PM..
patcheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #1406
Arch-Supremacy Member

shimano parts all over with judy shocks.. surprising eh...? but so far so goodno problems at all.. bring to tampines bike park trash also nothing happen
surprising expensive. Shimano also got alot of grades one.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #1407
Supremacy Member

the air horn is very loud...don't believe place your ear beside and horn. lol

it's so loud that it's only good for emergency use. anyhow horn people/vehicles will be very irritating cos it's almost as loud as car horn.
timelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #1408
Honorary Member

surprising expensive. Shimano also got alot of grades one.
maybe shimano tourney all over?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #1409
Banned

maybe shimano tourney all over?
not tourney.. lol.. deore all over.. which i believe is a mid level part yes?

so what do you guys think? i kenna rip off?
Old 05-02-2009, 12:32 AM   #1410
Honorary Member

not tourney.. lol.. deore all over.. which i believe is a mid level part yes?

so what do you guys think? i kenna rip off?
deore.. u sure? then still ok.. deore is entry xc liao.. but ur frame not worth much..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.