Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Reaction score
Probably around 17 with pedals and those wheels. Weight wise, it's 8.1kg for this size 58 bike. Heavy, I know, thanks in part to the wheels as well.

But once you put Gokiso on your bike, you'll find that playing the light weight game suddenly becomes irrelevant, cus these wheels just roll so well, even uphill!

I once let my friend try this bike, asked him how heavy he thought those wheels were based on what he felt from accelerating from 0 and from maintaining speed. He thought for a while and guessed 1.2kg.

His eyes grew big in surprise when I told him they (with tyres etc) were probably about 2.1kg. :crazy:

Looks like a pair of fantastic wheel set....how much u got it for 1 pair of them? Can we find it at chain reaction?

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Looks like a pair of fantastic wheel set....how much u got it for 1 pair of them? Can we find it at chain reaction?

It's fantastic for sure! :D I got these Climber 50mm (non-GD2 rims) for about 5.4, the lower range Road Racing with the new GD2 rims is about $4.9k. Not available on CRC :p

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Reaction score
It's fantastic for sure! :D I got these Climber 50mm (non-GD2 rims) for about 5.4, the lower range Road Racing with the new GD2 rims is about $4.9k. Not available on CRC :p

I think I just settled for C50 dura ace for my urata roadie....

-nzy90

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup! My fave helmet so far is the MET Stradavarius, which is superb for local hot weather. I also have their Rivale, which is supposed to be more aero but slightly less cooling. I usually use that one when I have a helmet mounted cam.
Where did you get your met Stradivarius from? Can't find anywhere selling. That was my first helmet which I got for free when I bought my bike. Loved the way it sits on my head.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

Jay Bee

Banned
Reaction score
hmmm, nowadays my grip changed position......

I seem to grip closer and closer... now is griping my mtb handlebar gear indicator and brake hydraulic tank :s22:
(quite dangerous actually, since i cant change gear/brake in this position :s22:)

which is the max smallest already since my front light and cyclometer is in the way :s22:

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hmmm, nowadays my grip changed position......

I seem to grip closer and closer... now is griping my mtb handlebar gear indicator and brake hydraulic tank :s22:
(quite dangerous actually, since i cant change gear/brake in this position :s22:)

which is the max smallest already since my front light and cyclometer is in the way :s22:
Do you find that more comfortable, especially for longer rides?

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
What will be the pros and cons of 20" vs 26" foldable bikes?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT

Smaller wheel = faster acceleration and faster uphill, but more bumpy since a smaller wheel cannot overcome a bump or stone as easily as a larger wheel can

Larger wheel = Probably can maintain speed better, slower accel, overcomes bumps better

See which wheel size has spares like tubes and tyres more highly available, so you'll have less problems finding spares. If both sizes equally available, then gotta consider other factors which foldie experts here can probably share. :D

kiatkiat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
20" usually lighter than 26". Smaller sizer after folded and easiler to bring around.

Good thing about 26" is they have wider range of spares as they can use normal mountain bikes parts too. And if u bored with 26" in the future, just can convert it to 700c or 27.5 wheel (provided the bike have disc brakes btw) :p

Whether to get a 20" or 26" depend on ur ridding style and whether do you intend to bring it into SMRT often. Get a bike which will suit your style, not the other way.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First of all, no problem getting spares for 20-inch tyres and tubes in SG.

Second, how often do you really need to do so? In five years of riding more kilometers than most people on here, I have only needed to patch a tube twice and replace two tyres. :)

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
20" usually lighter than 26". Smaller sizer after folded and easiler to bring around.

Good thing about 26" is they have wider range of spares as they can use normal mountain bikes parts too. And if u bored with 26" in the future, just can convert it to 700c or 27.5 wheel (provided the bike have disc brakes btw) :p

Whether to get a 20" or 26" depend on ur ridding style and whether do you intend to bring it into SMRT often. Get a bike which will suit your style, not the other way.
26" can't convert to 700c or 27.5..

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00P using GAGT

Jay Bee

Banned
Reaction score
Do you find that more comfortable, especially for longer rides?

yes, short and long both more comfortable. it quite weird actually, since the gear indicator and hydraulic tank has a lousy shape for grip :s22:

only when climbing slopes i will change to the normal grip, becos i need to recruit some upper body strength to push down the pedals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.