Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrathbringer27

Reaction score
There's one short stretch leading up to the gates of where Hillview Mansion was last time. Very short but super steep stretch. Not sure how's the condition of that road there now as had not been there for a couple of years.

That stretch is still same old. Though the mansion is long gone. I'm disappointed that it's gone. Btw, there's a lot of cars parked on the sides of the road but be careful downhill, some cars speed up and down the road...

I'mknotdumb!

Banned
Reaction score
CRC experts lai help me leh, i purchase a groupset then i realise there's a sentance in the desciption

"Please note that this groupset does not come supplied with outer cables."

simi is outer cable?

Cryogenist

Reaction score
CRC experts lai help me leh, i purchase a groupset then i realise there's a sentance in the desciption

"Please note that this groupset does not come supplied with outer cables."

simi is outer cable?

Basically your brake cables and shifter cables. They are sold separately.

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score

xaiobai

Master Member
Reaction score
Bukit timah and pulau ubin mtb trail have 45 degree slope. Road cyclist complain about the gradient but mountain bikers soak it up as daily affairs.

LOL just kidding but steep slopes are common in off road but usually very short only unless go overseas.

Singapore road a bit pampered, even pengarang in Malaysia slope so many, so long that it's not even funny, after 80km my legs cramp like a mother b!tch.

For road bike, it's like 40km+ Mother bitch slope+30km+Mother bitch slope+50km+Mother bitch slope...

U get the picture what is the struggle for roadies now?

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to illustrate the differences between square taper

P_20160112_212228_zpsvahwrfcn.jpg

this is a square taper crankset

P_20160112_212240_zpsl3m4vxuq.jpg

hollow tech 2 looks like this , there are many variants though like FSA Megaexo

Wah! I really noob. Even after spoon-feeding me like that, I still catch no ball on the difference. :s22:

Cryogenist

Reaction score
Wah! I really noob. Even after spoon-feeding me like that, I still catch no ball on the difference. :s22:

You go watch YouTube videos on the assembly and disassembly of Square Tapered and Hollowtech, then you can probably understand better.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bukit timah and pulau ubin mtb trail have 45 degree slope. Road cyclist complain about the gradient but mountain bikers soak it up as daily affairs.

LOL just kidding but steep slopes are common in off road but usually very short only unless go overseas.

Singapore road a bit pampered, even pengarang in Malaysia slope so many, so long that it's not even funny, after 80km my legs cramp like a mother b!tch.

That's why one needs a MTB with low enough gears to climb. I don't see what's the issue if the MTB is geared with super low granny chain ring and big rear sprocket.

Different bike for different terrain.

In Singapore roads, I don't recall any roads with such ridiculous gradient. That's why close range road cassette will more than suffice.

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind gesture. Got any picture? and how's the condition? Am I able to buy new sponge inserts to replace the used one?

Actually I got this helmet at home. Supposedly for my wife with her vintage bike.
http://www.melon-helmets.com/en/coll...nt_double_grey

Not sure if I should use it or buy a Giro helmet.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/s.../rp-prod115200

Which lbs sells Giro helmets at good price?

Budget around 100+

Welcome, sorry for late reply. Condition probably 8/10. Yup, able to buy new inserts at $15. Here's how the helmet looks like:

946112_10153214526051196_2763879877439193016_n.jpg

12509822_10153214527031196_3629577079367745115_n.jpg

Ignatiuz

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advices.

My foldie has 2 problems.
Front handle bar has creaky sound.
When I pedal, there is a very slight 'cog cog' sound.

I have approached a few neighborhood bike shop in the west area and got turned away. Dun even want to touch my bike. Just hear the problem and told me cannot be solved.

I don't think my bike is that bad. Just brand not famous.

My question, is there any shop that can properly diagnose and troubleshoot bicycle without prejudice? I don't mind paying for service.

I live in the west area.

Thanks!

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advices.

My foldie has 2 problems.
Front handle bar has creaky sound.
When I pedal, there is a very slight 'cog cog' sound.

I have approached a few neighborhood bike shop in the west area and got turned away. Dun even want to touch my bike. Just hear the problem and told me cannot be solved.

I don't think my bike is that bad. Just brand not famous.

My question, is there any shop that can properly diagnose and troubleshoot bicycle without prejudice? I don't mind paying for service.

I live in the west area.

Thanks!

Just curious which brand is your foldie? I am afraid mine will face same treatment. :o

Ignatiuz

Reaction score
My foldie brand is WGM. Quite an unknown brand.

I don't want to accuse that they are brand conscious tho. Not sure why they don't want to even take a look.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My foldie brand is WGM. Quite an unknown brand.

I don't want to accuse that they are brand conscious tho. Not sure why they don't want to even take a look.

I see. Then you should consider getting another new one? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.