Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

ABNNASGM

Reaction score
Hi experts, I wanted to get a Brompton but my queue is next year January. So I was thinking about getting a clone that folds exactly like Brompton while waiting for my queue just to see if how often I will use a folding bike and how convenient it can be.

I saw 3 Brompton rip off, Element Pikes, Camp Royale and 3Sixty. Just wondering if anyone owns any of these 3 can give a simple review?

bhx_sg

Reaction score
I am looking at hybrid bike. What will you all recommend in terms of value for money?
1. Btwin Riverside 900
2. Polygon Heist X5
3. Merida 2021 Crossway 40.

Budget is < $1000, any other recommendations or reviews on above ?

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking at hybrid bike. What will you all recommend in terms of value for money?
1. Btwin Riverside 900
2. Polygon Heist X5
3. Merida 2021 Crossway 40.

Budget is < $1000, any other recommendations or reviews on above ?

IMHO hybrid flatbar bikes for mostly PCN/Road dun really require a front suspension fork for local use - the added advantage of having more tire clearance means 35++ mm or thicker tires (for me) is fine for taking the hits with a rigid fork :s13:

Maybe can have a look at Giant Escape 2/3?
https://tayjunction.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_2&product_id=679

Reaction score
IMHO hybrid flatbar bikes for mostly PCN/Road dun really require a front suspension fork for local use - the added advantage of having more tire clearance means 35++ mm or thicker tires (for me) is fine for taking the hits with a rigid fork :s13:

Maybe can have a look at Giant Escape 2/3?
https://tayjunction.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_2&product_id=679

I asked here few months ago but everything now stock.

Now I come back to look again, everything no stock also :s13:

imurbbgurl98

Reaction score
Got 5 bicycles in my balcony rotting at home. Any idea where can I sell it at. Somemore now covid, sian to go ride also.

azz909

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys have a question here. First time upgrading my bike so not experienced in price and such

I have a 2nd hand Polygon Path 3 with flat handle bars, and 700x40 wheels. I'm thinking of getting drop bars, and thinner wheels like 700x28. Do you guys have advice on price, whether it's suitable, and which shop to go? I stay in the west!

Thanks!

From spec its mechanical disc brake. 3x9 speed. You can order from aliexpress Micronew 3x9 road shifters roughly $70. Going to dropbar your position will be different than on flatbar. I suggest use the existing stem, if its too stretched out for you can consider changing to shorter stem. Longer stem if you feel too short. For dropbar avoid the carbon ones, just get alloy. Scootz at Bt Merah can do it, I used to send my trek fx to them to convert.

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Deciding between polygon heist x2 vs triban 120
https://www.decathlon.sg/p/8542635-rc-100-abyss-cycle-touring-road-bike-grey.html

I know different type of bike.
But I'm mainly riding on PCN casually on the weekends.

Triban left only XL size. I like the weight (10+ kg) vs Heist's (14+ kg re: https://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/2021-polygon-heist-x2-hybrid-bike)
If Triban is available in my size, I will sure take that. For PCN front shock is not needed.

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone riding fixie? it is more physically strength that normal bike?

fixie = fixed gear and no "coasting" i.e no pedal = no moving? so uphills if the gear too high jialat liao have to push bike and also i think the authorities are thinking of banning bikes with no traditional brakes installed so thats another thing to factor in...

Last edited:
Reaction score
IMHO thin tires making balancing an issue at low speeds on PCN when its full of people, prams, etc limits a road bike not unleash its full potential =:p

:( like that have to wait for riverside 500 already.

Giant escape/Polygon Path/Heist are over budget. Any other slightly cheaper alternative around 400-500?
I see that Heist and Path 3 got my sizing now.

I realise decathlon increase riverside 500 price to 440. Last time was only 390.

Last edited:

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:( like that have to wait for riverside 500 already.

Giant escape/Polygon Path/Heist a bit over budget. Any other slightly cheaper alternative around 400-500?

I realise decathlon increase riverside 500 price to 440. Last time was only 390.

fwah Riverside 500 increase price had no idea haha If open to used market $500 can get a decent casual bike loh

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows the riverside 100 b-twin bottom bracket is using cup and cone or cartridge?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.