Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
typically for non foldable MTB just remove front wheel as QR very fast to remove then install again ^^ front + rear QR and disc brakes make it super easy
;)
Very easy is subjective. If he buys a mtb with quick release instead of thru axle, he will likely encounter rotor disc rubbing on the brake pads. He can push the wheel a bit to align or reset the bolts of the brakes calipers on the frame.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

noangel7

Reaction score
You can check out Decathlon. Personally I will choose a light weight cable lock, length wise 1.2m is good. Heavy (so called higher security) lock -

For me, besides the light weight cable lock, I also have one 2m thicker cable lock for the rare times when I need to go into shopping mall to do a quick purchase. The long cable will be able to secure both wheels and the bike frame to a stand. Importantly park the bike at a high traffic place preferable with cctv (even so, no guarantee the bike won't get stolen).
Thanks for the length specs! Realise i need the longer one as my wheels are quick release so probably safer to lock wheels and frame. My bike isn't a 'market bike' cos the brand is abit recognisable but not super high end either so just to deter opportunistic mischief

Zerogundamw

Reaction score
Any know of places that can help to repair dahon bike? the bike not bought in SG so... T_T
checked 2 neighbourhood bike shope say cannot repair cos their parts are proprietary.

Applephilic

Reaction score
Hello wanted to check if anyone is know any shop that carries both Strider and Cruzee balance bikes? Gonna get it as a gift but not sure to get.

any other recommended balance bikes? Thanksss

Last edited:

IloveEmma

Reaction score
Hi bros, my back wheel got some sort of creaking sound when i ride. i think the spoke might be damaged. Do you know of anyone who can fix it? It is an electric bike by the way (yun bike c1).

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros, my back wheel got some sort of creaking sound when i ride. i think the spoke might be damaged. Do you know of anyone who can fix it? It is an electric bike by the way (yun bike c1).
inspect your spokes slowly - if snap can clearly see if look for it else mostly could be
a) worn out cassette cogs/chainring/chain
b) brakes rubbing against rim/disc
c) spoke tension off resulting in wheel not 100% true (wobbly) resulting in b)
d) crankset/bottom bracket loose

IloveEmma

Reaction score
inspect your spokes slowly - if snap can clearly see if look for it else mostly could be
a) worn out cassette cogs/chainring/chain
b) brakes rubbing against rim/disc
c) spoke tension off resulting in wheel not 100% true (wobbly) resulting in b)
d) crankset/bottom bracket loose
it is not snap but i think it is "C". Some spoke are loose. I cannot seems to tighten it up again.

ckboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi bike gurus, may I ask how is the after sales service for Bike Republic? I'm planning to purchase my first bicycle and hope to purchase from a place which has better after sales service. I tried to read online for a handful of shops and some of the google reviews are scary

slowpoke

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a early 2000 3 x 8 speed MTB.

The wheels are true and spinning well but I am thinking of swapping the drive train out and convert to 1 x 11 speed deore. ( From shopee, less than $400 and includes cranks).

I have watched many videos and some say can swap to 10 speed only and some say 11 speed is also fine. My wheelset and hubs I think are sunrace or no brand.

Any one with experience can advice?

Thx

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a early 2000 3 x 8 speed MTB.

The wheels are true and spinning well but I am thinking of swapping the drive train out and convert to 1 x 11 speed deore. ( From shopee, less than $400 and includes cranks).

I have watched many videos and some say can swap to 10 speed only and some say 11 speed is also fine. My wheelset and hubs I think are sunrace or no brand.

Any one with experience can advice?

Thx
IIRC 8 speed to 10 is fine but 11 need to change rear wheel due to hub
https://www.cyclabo.com/topics/khxvi9rovk/

Otterside

Reaction score
hi all, im looking into getting a hybird bike for use mainly on PCN and some pathways..

could anyone recommend me something please? budget not more than 800.

Thanks in advance!

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, im looking into getting a hybird bike for use mainly on PCN and some pathways..

could anyone recommend me something please? budget not more than 800.

Thanks in advance!
In no order
#1 Merida Speeder 20
#2 Riverside 900
#3 Giant Fastroad SL 3

Otterside

Reaction score
In no order
#1 Merida Speeder 20
#2 Riverside 900
#3 Giant Fastroad SL 3
Thanks batuchka!

any idea where i can try these bikes on at local shop?

I was also looking at the GIANT escape, and Polygon Path while searching around.. are these 2 comparable to the ones you suggested?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.