Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 6

lazy999

Reaction score
Wanted to get a new foldie, fnhon gust, now looking at the wheels set. 20" or 22"?

Which one will you get?

I dont mind bigger fold footprint as i seldom fold it.

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using 451, 22 inch (technically 20 inch) wheelset. It is faster in speed but the tyres choices are very few and cannot install wider tyres. If I were to repurchase, I would get 406, 20 inch wheelset instead for better stability and control when riding on pavement.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

lazy999

Reaction score
I'm using 451, 22 inch (technically 20 inch) wheelset. It is faster in speed but the tyres choices are very few and cannot install wider tyres. If I were to repurchase, I would get 406, 20 inch wheelset instead for better stability and control when riding on pavement.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Thanks for your recommendation. Seem like 20inch is the common choice. With more tyres choices.

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your recommendation. Seem like 20inch is the common choice. With more tyres choices.

No problem. But if u riding road most of the time, 451 will be better in terms of speed and stability. Road bike is still the ultimate choice for roads though. Above 40kph (or towards 50kph) on 451 is very dangerous, bike feels like rocking and can fly into sky if there's any mistake or big debris/pothole.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

lazy999

Reaction score
No problem. But if u riding road most of the time, 451 will be better in terms of speed and stability. Road bike is still the ultimate choice for roads though. Above 40kph (or towards 50kph) on 451 is very dangerous, bike feels like rocking and can fly into sky if there's any mistake or big debris/pothole.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
No riding on road. Mostly to and fro home - market (8 min ride) and sometime park connector =).

lazy999

Reaction score
Quick check, our man in blue managed to find my stolen foldie.

I noticed the front left gear shifter being removed by thief..

Darn, i wonder can just replace the left side gear shifter only?

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick check, our man in blue managed to find my stolen foldie.
I noticed the front left gear shifter being removed by thief..
Darn, i wonder can just replace the left side gear shifter only?

Quite possible, depending on the brand. If u are lucky, may even find used item on carousell.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro i read that you are using the Met Manta? I think that might be the previous version, but anyway can i ask if this fits you ok? Coz it is non-asian size. (no Asian sizing for MET, i have got a Limar Air Master which has a special Asian fit ver)

I can't wear limar and other non-Asian fit helmets. I also can't wear any MET helmet models that are lower than Manta. This is already my 3rd or 4th Manta.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.