The DJI Spark Thread

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Reaction score
Think the area to sparky's left is the shipping terminal etc... Think if u don't stray too much there should be OK? I also read somewhere that Sentosa is a no fly area.

Amazingly, how did u managed to get your spark to fly so far? Did u attached those range extender on the antennae? I tried mine at open park, and barely 60-80m the transmission is kns liao

So far I tried OTG and range extender. OTG seems to give me a little better lag less while streaming . But sometimes I feel no different maybe is gut feeling only.

As for extenders, the wifi can go 3 lines and suddenly only 1 line depending which angle u pointing at sparks. U have to keep adjusting and the extra miles is not a lot (200 meters if u are lucky)

I feel both options not worth the trouble to equip when I want to fly.

FCC is the only way to go bro. U will never regret. Just have to press cancel whenever DJI go ask u to reset region setting.

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think the area to sparky's left is the shipping terminal etc... Think if u don't stray too much there should be OK? I also read somewhere that Sentosa is a no fly area.

Amazingly, how did u managed to get your spark to fly so far? Did u attached those range extender on the antennae? I tried mine at open park, and barely 60-80m the transmission is kns liao
Actually that means their specification say the range is 2km is really overstated

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far I tried OTG and range extender. OTG seems to give me a little better lag less while streaming . But sometimes I feel no different maybe is gut feeling only.

As for extenders, the wifi can go 3 lines and suddenly only 1 line depending which angle u pointing at sparks. U have to keep adjusting and the extra miles is not a lot (200 meters if u are lucky)

I feel both options not worth the trouble to equip when I want to fly.

FCC is the only way to go bro. U will never regret. Just have to press cancel whenever DJI go ask u to reset region setting.
So you used FCC to hit that distance? Is it a mode that can be enabled in the drone or need to modify a bit?

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Reaction score
FCC and CE is the power output of sparks remote. The much more powerful FCC is region dependent. In Sg, our flight regulation allowed is FCC however DJI catergorise Sg and anywhere outside USA as CE mode only. To make things easier for them or for marketing their more expensive air or Mavic Pro I don’t know.

So meaning sparks itself can fly far just that u need to do region fake for it. If not under normal circumstances, u can fly around 200-300 meters only. Actually at the edge of this range , u can hardly see sparks anymore and should be more than enough for u to take nice pic that u want. That’s why some ppl are contended. It depends on your needs actually.

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually that means their specification say the range is 2km is really overstated

I think in urban area, under FCC mode , u should be able to reach 2 km. But after that distance can u fly back with enough juice?

Sometimes we have to be realistic.

Xperia17

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FCC and CE is the power output of sparks remote. The much more powerful FCC is region dependent. In Sg, our flight regulation allowed is FCC however DJI catergorise Sg and anywhere outside USA as CE mode only. To make things easier for them or for marketing their more expensive air or Mavic Pro I don’t know.

So meaning sparks itself can fly far just that u need to do region fake for it. If not under normal circumstances, u can fly around 200-300 meters only. Actually at the edge of this range , u can hardly see sparks anymore and should be more than enough for u to take nice pic that u want. That’s why some ppl are contended. It depends on your needs actually.

Arh I see.... Thks for sharing. My spark usually less than 100m alreadie kena all that distortion BS and delayed transmission... Sometimes I feel it's a ploy, as suggested, to make u buy Air or Pro.

Tried flying the spark at TPY dragon playground, didn't go far and reception was shaky... Suspect it's the amount of metal at the playground interfering with the wifi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think in urban area, under FCC mode , u should be able to reach 2 km. But after that distance can u fly back with enough juice?

Sometimes we have to be realistic.
true. just that a bit misleading when it says it can go up to 2km range. but realistically speaking, if FCC is not enabled, can only hit about 100 to 300 meters.

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Arh I see.... Thks for sharing. My spark usually less than 100m alreadie kena all that distortion BS and delayed transmission... Sometimes I feel it's a ploy, as suggested, to make u buy Air or Pro.

Tried flying the spark at TPY dragon playground, didn't go far and reception was shaky... Suspect it's the amount of metal at the playground interfering with the wifi

just curious, your mavic air can go how far in range without enabling FCC?

Xperia17

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Err, actually I do not know how to enable FCC.... I just fly. Is it something u press on the software?

So far not much chance to venture to places to try out max distance.... Sometimes I try at TPY or at Bishan AMK park... Tried about 200m only and zero issues with transmission... Maybe because I was standing at a shaded place with no metal structures. Could go far cos I was not on higher ground.... Fly too fly cannot see the Air (and I will panic also)

I noted that, as long as got metal structures nearby, even metal embedded in contrete, there will be some minor disruptions (and the very irrating re- calibrating of compass has to be done again)

Will test again later on distance...

Xperia17

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Managed to go about 400m at B-AMK Park but had to turn back cause I totally lost sight of it and also the weather today is just too hot... The Air's motor was sibei hot also, and the changing cloud (got shade, no shade) is making videography so difficult

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Managed to go about 400m at B-AMK Park but had to turn back cause I totally lost sight of it and also the weather today is just too hot... The Air's motor was sibei hot also, and the changing cloud (got shade, no shade) is making videography so difficult
Thanks man

Xperia17

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks man

I suspect it can go very far as long as the terrain allows for it. Obviously I had to fly at about 50m so as not to lose sight of it (fly too low and it gets camouflaged against the flats and trees... And my balls will drop)

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Reaction score

Don’t worry as Long as u got GPS home point recorded, just push it all the way. Last time when I first lost sight of it I also Kan chiong. After loss signal for quite some time still don’t see it anywhere in the sky . Then suddenly, got faint motor sound very high up above my head. (I set home point attitude 80m so whatever height I’m already flying plus another 80m).

Sneaky sparky ^^

just make sure when batt is at 20% don’t push further. I experienced during strong wind velocity plus max motor warning battery can drain very fast

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Reaction score
Err, actually I do not know how to enable FCC.... I just fly. Is it something u press on the software?

So far not much chance to venture to places to try out max distance.... Sometimes I try at TPY or at Bishan AMK park... Tried about 200m only and zero issues with transmission... Maybe because I was standing at a shaded place with no metal structures. Could go far cos I was not on higher ground.... Fly too fly cannot see the Air (and I will panic also)

I noted that, as long as got metal structures nearby, even metal embedded in contrete, there will be some minor disruptions (and the very irrating re- calibrating of compass has to be done again)

Will test again later on distance...

When got metal around, most likely will have the compass error. Just raise the bird higher, the warning will be gone. No need to re calibrate.

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

found this on DJI's page:

What is Spark’s effective transmission range?

When connected to a remote controller:
2.4 GHz
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.3 mi (500 m); SRRC: 0.3 mi (500 m) (unobstructed and free of interference)

5.8 GHz
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.18 mi (300 m); SRRC: 0.7 mi (1.2 km) (unobstructed and free of interference)

When connected directly to a mobile device:
A max height of 50 m and distance of 100 m.

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the Mavic Air’s video transmission range?

When connected to the remote controller:
2.4GHz
FCC: 4000 m, CE: 2000 m, SRRC: 2000 m (unobstructed, free of interference, when FCC compliant).

5.8GHz
FCC: 4000 m, CE: 500 m, SRRC: 2500 m (unobstructed, free of interference, when FCC compliant).

When connected to a mobile device:
Max height: 50 m
Max distance: 80 m

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.