HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The DJI Spark Thread

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #331

Not allowed to fly from the garden, but can fly to the garden from other spots?
U can probably fly high (below 60m) and aim cam on it from a distance, but flying over specific spots like the bug trees is perhaps not a good idea (not sure if u are allowed to do that)..the dick head Ang moh took off right inside and very near to the super trees, definitely kena told off about doing that.
Xperia17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:23 PM   #332
Arch-Supremacy Member

U can probably fly high (below 60m) and aim cam on it from a distance, but flying over specific spots like the bug trees is perhaps not a good idea (not sure if u are allowed to do that)..the dick head Ang moh took off right inside and very near to the super trees, definitely kena told off about doing that.
Ah you are right. Shouldn't take off right inside. Should take off somewhere else then fly to the spot.
5408854088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:15 PM   #333
Master Member

Last week was at Vivo city and flew my sparky straight into Sentosa. Love the wide space there. Wondering if itís ok to fly there? I stay around that area, it is very convenient for me to fly there.

Last edited by Nemesismaster; 10-07-2018 at 12:24 AM..
Nemesismaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #334
Arch-Supremacy Member

is there an original DJI spark remote controller OTG USB cable? or buy those third party ones also can? got usb c version?
Old 10-07-2018, 12:21 AM   #335
Master Member

is there an original DJI spark remote controller OTG USB cable? or buy those third party ones also can? got usb c version?
Donít bother lah. No much difference one. Environment play bigger role.

Most place selling USB C . Wonít fit sparks.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:59 AM   #336
Arch-Supremacy Member

Donít bother lah. No much difference one. Environment play bigger role.

Most place selling USB C . Wonít fit sparks.
Paiseh, was referring to remote controller cable (micro usb to type-C connector).
Old 11-07-2018, 07:16 AM   #337

Chilling there last Sunday :

hwzlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #338

Last week was at Vivo city and flew my sparky straight into Sentosa. Love the wide space there. Wondering if itís ok to fly there? I stay around that area, it is very convenient for me to fly there.

Hhhhhmmmm.... overheard somewhere need some sort of security clearance from sentosa end. Tagged by https://flywhere.sg too.
hwzlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #339

sentosa is not a NFZ under CAAS (except for the cable car / cable lines). however, its private property under the ownership of Sentosa devt Co.

so if u fly in sentosa, the guards will ask u to down your drone. they are quite nice about it, jsut doing their jobs, so i just comply, say sorry and go. try not to make things difficult for them.

however, they can't stop u from flying into Sentosa from elsewhere
UY_Scuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:50 PM   #340

Think the area to sparky's left is the shipping terminal etc... Think if u don't stray too much there should be OK? I also read somewhere that Sentosa is a no fly area.

Amazingly, how did u managed to get your spark to fly so far? Did u attached those range extender on the antennae? I tried mine at open park, and barely 60-80m the transmission is kns liao
Xperia17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #341
Master Member

Think the area to sparky's left is the shipping terminal etc... Think if u don't stray too much there should be OK? I also read somewhere that Sentosa is a no fly area.

Amazingly, how did u managed to get your spark to fly so far? Did u attached those range extender on the antennae? I tried mine at open park, and barely 60-80m the transmission is kns liao
So far I tried OTG and range extender. OTG seems to give me a little better lag less while streaming . But sometimes I feel no different maybe is gut feeling only.

As for extenders, the wifi can go 3 lines and suddenly only 1 line depending which angle u pointing at sparks. U have to keep adjusting and the extra miles is not a lot (200 meters if u are lucky)

I feel both options not worth the trouble to equip when I want to fly.

FCC is the only way to go bro. U will never regret. Just have to press cancel whenever DJI go ask u to reset region setting.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #342
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually that means their specification say the range is 2km is really overstated
Old 12-07-2018, 07:29 PM   #343
Arch-Supremacy Member

So far I tried OTG and range extender. OTG seems to give me a little better lag less while streaming . But sometimes I feel no different maybe is gut feeling only.

As for extenders, the wifi can go 3 lines and suddenly only 1 line depending which angle u pointing at sparks. U have to keep adjusting and the extra miles is not a lot (200 meters if u are lucky)

I feel both options not worth the trouble to equip when I want to fly.

FCC is the only way to go bro. U will never regret. Just have to press cancel whenever DJI go ask u to reset region setting.
So you used FCC to hit that distance? Is it a mode that can be enabled in the drone or need to modify a bit?
Old 12-07-2018, 08:06 PM   #344
Master Member

FCC and CE is the power output of sparks remote. The much more powerful FCC is region dependent. In Sg, our flight regulation allowed is FCC however DJI catergorise Sg and anywhere outside USA as CE mode only. To make things easier for them or for marketing their more expensive air or Mavic Pro I donít know.

So meaning sparks itself can fly far just that u need to do region fake for it. If not under normal circumstances, u can fly around 200-300 meters only. Actually at the edge of this range , u can hardly see sparks anymore and should be more than enough for u to take nice pic that u want. Thatís why some ppl are contended. It depends on your needs actually.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:10 PM   #345
Master Member

Actually that means their specification say the range is 2km is really overstated
I think in urban area, under FCC mode , u should be able to reach 2 km. But after that distance can u fly back with enough juice?

Sometimes we have to be realistic.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.