HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Drone Thread

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2018, 10:48 PM   #271

There's a tiny whoop race happening this weekend.

Facebook Video
Swisspers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #272

and these few days are so so windy, i bet your H502S cannot even take off. Even could take off, locking to GPS position also become circling like housefly. So, time to upgrade your drone to H501A, and think can use both new relay or your existing H901A remote control.

let me know if it works, i got one set of H502S+H901A also.

Actually not that bad for h502s which i flew it last windy sunday battling headwind and struggling to maintain position during hovering. Overheard H901A should work by rebinding again. I did the antennas mod as well 😁
hwzlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #273

Btw i heard the mavic air dont have ocusync.. i plan to fly near skyscrapers in cities like shanghai hongkong.. will have wifi interference issue...?
Mitigation: have to fly line of sight as well as switching to 5.8ghz which usually less congested.

Speaking of occusync, overheard it was ditched in MavicAir cos it runs too hot and makan too much power ...

Last edited by hwzlite; 07-02-2018 at 02:51 PM..
Old 07-02-2018, 03:03 PM   #274

Mitigation: have to fly line of sight as well as switching to 5.8ghz which usually less congested.

Speaking of occusync, overheard it was ditched in MavicAir cos it runs too hot and makan too much power ...
Sianz 1/2 if need to keep it within line of sight.. kind of defeat the purpose of flying a drone liaoz...
Ghost^recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:57 AM   #275

FYI: LA Drone Film Festival winners raise the bar for drone cinematography

https://newatlas.com/la-drone-film-f...winners/53290/ :

The Los Angeles Drone Film Festival, which is celebrates the art of drone cinematography, has concluded and the winners announced. Although drones are still a relatively new addition to the world of filmmaking, the festival has attracted a pretty stunning collection of super-short films and it's awesome to see the creative ways these unmanned aircraft are being used. Let's dive in....

Woohooo....esp that The Flight of the Year, by Paul Nurkkula:
Old 08-02-2018, 08:09 AM   #276

[/i]

Old 13-02-2018, 03:14 PM   #277

[/i]

Wow.
tutorplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 05:44 PM   #278

guys DJI if buy from china is it cheaper...???
Old 13-02-2018, 07:41 PM   #279
Supremacy Member

I see taobao price, sg seems cheaper
ksapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 08:04 PM   #280

I see taobao price, sg seems cheaper
Taobao the seller need to earn? Im referring to buying straight from their store..
Old 13-02-2018, 10:31 PM   #281
Supremacy Member

Taobao the seller need to earn? Im referring to buying straight from their store..

https://m.dji.com/cn/product/spark-fly-more-combo

Same price, some taobao seller is cheaper but not as cheap as sg.

Same as dyson hair dryer sg cheaper than usa
ksapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:37 PM   #282

newbie playing drone, need advice.

Hi guys,i'm keened on learning to play drones, but need some advise on what specs, model and user friendly drones to start on for new learners. Here's what model i had recently bought. JY018 (POCKET DRONE) Thank you for the advise!!!
rashidjeponn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 08:43 AM   #283
Supremacy Member

Hi guys,i'm keened on learning to play drones, but need some advise on what specs, model and user friendly drones to start on for new learners. Here's what model i had recently bought. JY018 (POCKET DRONE) Thank you for the advise!!!
for beginners, I suggest getting something like furibee F36
alternate models like JJRC H36 or eachine e010 will do too.

In my experience, I find them slightly lacking in their durability, I had bought 2 jjrc h36 and broke them twice.
Than I got the furibee f36 which has been very durable and I havn't break a single thing for 2 months now. not to mention it can perform manual flips.

these are cheap 20dollar drones with about 3minute flight time and technically unbreakable this unless you fly very fast into the concrete walls or something.
Buy extra 5-10 batteries with parallel charger for quicker turn around..

It will be hard at first because you are not used to the throttle control and most people will crash into the ceiling because they throttle up too aggressively, or suddenly cut throttle and crash back down to the floor.
With practice you will improve.

so start small like learn to hover, than learn to move to flying forward, backward & sideway. than learning yawing and eventually landing on a specific point. I train by landing on a stool and I still do it these days to practice my controls.

Its all about building muscle memory and horning your reflex to react at the moment to perform the necessary correction to prevent crashing.

Generally, I tend to crash more if I took a break from flying. The reflex and my muscle memory didn't kick in quick enough to correct the drone out from a crash path. so just practice more and Enjoy flying!
blade81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 12:50 PM   #284

aiya, why you people need to learn drone flying, and even spending $$ attending some drone courses, for playing that toy?....

...there are autonomous cars around, and here comes autonomous drone...

Old 19-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #285

aiya, why you people need to learn drone flying, and even spending $$ attending some drone courses, for playing that toy?....

...there are autonomous cars around, and here comes autonomous drone...
Cool! But I wouldn't dare try that in Singapore. The risk of damaging something is too high
Swisspers is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.