Old 03-12-2019, 12:56 PM   #1172

XENTINEL, mobile drone fighter. :0
apengrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #1173

Anyone flying this weekend?
Old 06-12-2019, 11:19 PM   #1174
Master Member

Feel like letting go my hubsan 501s. Too big for me to bring out. Lazy to put in backpack. Anyone keen? Letting go cheap cheap.

Partial reason is that i also tio poison by mavic mini

Last edited by ah_cleo; 06-12-2019 at 11:23 PM..
ah_cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:23 PM   #1175
Master Member

Anyone flying this weekend?
If in the west, let me know. I wanna join.
ah_cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:48 PM   #1176

Feel like letting go my hubsan 501s. Too big for me to bring out. Lazy to put in backpack. Anyone keen? Letting go cheap cheap.

Partial reason is that i also tio poison by mavic mini
How cheap is cheap?
Pm me
Old 09-12-2019, 02:17 AM   #1177

There's a lot of used Mavic Pro drones posted on carousell for $650-1000. Do your guys think people are switching to the Mini for convenience and less hassle with registration? I'm just curious why the price drop because it's very tempting prices.

Last edited by ey3pod; 09-12-2019 at 02:19 AM..
ey3pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:52 PM   #1178

There's a lot of used Mavic Pro drones posted on carousell for $650-1000. Do your guys think people are switching to the Mini for convenience and less hassle with registration? I'm just curious why the price drop because it's very tempting prices.
can tell us what so good about that used mavic pro?

i record video in 1080p only, not 4K. to me the only thing attractive that mavic pro has is ocusync. for me, if i need to buy one, i will only get that used mavic pro flymore at S$450 or else i go get a new mavic mini flymore at S$650.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- front obstacle sensor: mavic mini does not have this but you really need skydio2 type of obstacle sensors to be useful (mavic2's side sensors are shut off during p-mode). front obstacle sensor might help but that alone is not that useful to prevent crash.
- ocusync: this makes mavic pro much better and having stable range of ~500m inside s'pore. I guess mavic mini should have a stable range of ~250m, and on wifi you might encounter 1-2seconds of lost fpv feed on phone when taking video.
- dji googles: dji googles work better on ocusync
- thrust power: mavic pro has thrust/weight ratio of 2.5 and mavic mini about 2. mavic pro will be more stable under strong wind. for mavic mini you need to change to 1100mah battery (japanese 200g version, 18min flight time) to have thrust/weight ratio of 2.5
- extra batteries: mavic mini's batteries are cheaper
- weight: mavic mini is much lighter for tour, and smaller batteries easier to go through air safety checks. each mavic pro battery alone is 240g about same weight as a full mavic mini drone.
- 4K video: mavic mini only has 2.7K video.
- Flight time: Mavic Pro 25min, Mavic Mini 30min. Mavic Pro flight speed 20% faster in p-mode
- used item: you do not know the condition of that used mavic pro you are buying.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:07 PM   #1179

can tell us what so good about that used mavic pro?

i record video in 1080p only, not 4K. to me the only thing attractive that mavic pro has is ocusync. for me, if i need to buy one, i will only get that used mavic pro flymore at S$450 or else i go get a new mavic mini flymore at S$650.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- front obstacle sensor: mavic mini does not have this but you really need skydio2 type of obstacle sensors to be useful (mavic2's side sensors are shut off during p-mode). front obstacle sensor might help but that alone is not that useful to prevent crash.
- ocusync: this makes mavic pro much better and having stable range of ~500m inside s'pore. I guess mavic mini should have a stable range of ~250m, and on wifi you might encounter 1-2seconds of lost fpv feed on phone when taking video.
- dji googles: dji googles work better on ocusync
- thrust power: mavic pro has thrust/weight ratio of 2.5 and mavic mini about 2. mavic pro will be more stable under strong wind. for mavic mini you need to change to 1100mah battery (japanese 200g version, 18min flight time) to have thrust/weight ratio of 2.5
- extra batteries: mavic mini's batteries are cheaper
- weight: mavic mini is much lighter for tour, and smaller batteries easier to go through air safety checks. each mavic pro battery alone is 240g about same weight as a full mavic mini drone.
- 4K video: mavic mini only has 2.7K video.
- Flight time: Mavic Pro 25min, Mavic Mini 30min. Mavic Pro flight speed 20% faster in p-mode
- used item: you do not know the condition of that used mavic pro you are buying.
It depends on what you are looking for from your drone. I agree, you have a point that Mavic Pro may not be everyone's cup of tea. If you're into video editing and doing a mix of landscape and scenario shots, then the Mavic Pro would give you more flexibility to do that.

The main features I am interested in is OcuSync, Obstacle avoidance, manual video settings, RAW 4K videos and the larger selection of Quickshot options like Active Track Mode.

I have a Mavic Mini and video quality is very impressive, but there were times where the signal weakened after 300m when I was flying it in a straight line. The Wi-Fi interferance was most likely due to the area I was flying in, but my worst fear is a rescue mission to recover the little guy.

For $650-1000, a used Mavic Pro is not bad, but you know the phrase "it's too good to be true", I'm just curious if there is something concerning to be aware of. It's public information that drones above 250g need to be registered, so is there something more than that?

The price drop reminds me of e-scooter sellers on Carousell trying to get rid of their pmds and state that it is LTA compliant, but not disclose that it's only usable in PCNs and bike path. What's the point of a pmd when you cannot use it on the sidewalk.

I'm just reaching out to check if anyone have heard something.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:32 PM   #1180

It depends on what you are looking for from your drone. I agree, you have a point that Mavic Pro may not be everyone's cup of tea. If you're into video editing and doing a mix of landscape and scenario shots, then the Mavic Pro would give you more flexibility to do that.

The main features I am interested in is OcuSync, Obstacle avoidance, manual video settings, RAW 4K videos and the larger selection of Quickshot options like Active Track Mode.

I have a Mavic Mini and video quality is very impressive, but there were times where the signal weakened after 300m when I was flying it in a straight line. The Wi-Fi interferance was most likely due to the area I was flying in, but my worst fear is a rescue mission to recover the little guy.

For $650-1000, a used Mavic Pro is not bad, but you know the phrase "it's too good to be true", I'm just curious if there is something concerning to be aware of. It's public information that drones above 250g need to be registered, so is there something more than that?

The price drop reminds me of e-scooter sellers on Carousell trying to get rid of their pmds and state that it is LTA compliant, but not disclose that it's only usable in PCNs and bike path. What's the point of a pmd when you cannot use it on the sidewalk.

I'm just reaching out to check if anyone have heard something.
oops!, sorry, i thought you were trying to decide if to get a used mavic pro or a new mavic mini. now then i know you already have a mavic mini, having some problem, and thinking of getting another used mavic pro.

i never flew a mavic pro or mavic mini before. i only have spark and mavic2 zoom. some differences that i faced between them as:
1) ocusync: inside s'pore, reliable range for spark/wifi is only about 150m, for mavic2/ocusync2 is 600m. spark/wifi could give you some sudden 1second freeze of fpv video feed while you are filming. mavic pro's ocusync is more stable than mavic mini's wifi.
2) thrust: higher thrust making the mavic2 more responsive and easier for filming. Should be same for mavic pro.
3) yaw movement: at east coast park with strong wind, need heavy drone for smoother drone yaw movement, the heavier the better. using yaw on the gimbal is not a good option.
4) 4K: both spark and mavic2 giving me excellent 1080p video. so i never record video in 4K even flying that mavic2 for a year.
5) quick shot: mavic2 turns on obstacle sensors for all directions and fully protected. while spark, mavic mini and mini pro could crash into trees if not careful.
6) low altitude: you cannot fly those 8" big mavic at low altitude, in between trees. Spark with solid propeller guards is a much better option.
7) active track: mavic mini got no active track. i never try active tracking on mavic2 as i do not think it is smart enough. need a skydio2 for good active tracking.
8) palm launch: certain locations might have too much metal around and you cannot launch a big mavic. spark on palm launch is ok.

mavic pro should solve your problem for longer range, reliable video feed, easier drone manoeuvre, and giving you 4K video (note: there is no raw 4K video, only raw photo). frequent flier may need 2 drones with different functions. i flew my spark more often than my mavic2. my drone kaki is flying a mavic pro bought from carousell, so far no problems.

after saw someone's post here, i bought the new mavic mini flymore from courts at S$549 during black friday. And so, that used mavic pro is only worth S$450 to me. for most people, mavic pro not very more capable drone than a mavic mini.

most attractive things about mavic mini is the pricing, and the 250g. at S$549 price is same price as a Hubsan H117S with 3 batteries and much cheaper than fimi x8, except only 2.7K video. <250g weight might give less problems when flying drone during oversea tours, plus easier to bring batteries into aircraft. mavic mini is value for money but not every drone capability as matching as the bigger mavic. note that other countries might need drone flying license for >250g (so far we only have drone registration).
ey3pod likes this.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:13 PM   #1181

oops!, sorry, i thought you were trying to decide if to get a used mavic pro or a new mavic mini. now then i know you already have a mavic mini, having some problem, and thinking of getting another used mavic pro.

i never flew a mavic pro or mavic mini before. i only have spark and mavic2 zoom. some differences that i faced between them as:
1) ocusync: inside s'pore, reliable range for spark/wifi is only about 150m, for mavic2/ocusync2 is 600m. spark/wifi could give you some sudden 1second freeze of fpv video feed while you are filming. mavic pro's ocusync is more stable than mavic mini's wifi.
2) thrust: higher thrust making the mavic2 more responsive and easier for filming. Should be same for mavic pro.
3) yaw movement: at east coast park with strong wind, need heavy drone for smoother drone yaw movement, the heavier the better. using yaw on the gimbal is not a good option.
4) 4K: both spark and mavic2 giving me excellent 1080p video. so i never record video in 4K even flying that mavic2 for a year.
5) quick shot: mavic2 turns on obstacle sensors for all directions and fully protected. while spark, mavic mini and mini pro could crash into trees if not careful.
6) low altitude: you cannot fly those 8" big mavic at low altitude, in between trees. Spark with solid propeller guards is a much better option.
7) active track: mavic mini got no active track. i never try active tracking on mavic2 as i do not think it is smart enough. need a skydio2 for good active tracking.
8) palm launch: certain locations might have too much metal around and you cannot launch a big mavic. spark on palm launch is ok.

mavic pro should solve your problem for longer range, reliable video feed, easier drone manoeuvre, and giving you 4K video (note: there is no raw 4K video, only raw photo). frequent flier may need 2 drones with different functions. i flew my spark more often than my mavic2. my drone kaki is flying a mavic pro bought from carousell, so far no problems.

after saw someone's post here, i bought the new mavic mini flymore from courts at S$549 during black friday. And so, that used mavic pro is only worth S$450 to me. for most people, mavic pro not very more capable drone than a mavic mini.

most attractive things about mavic mini is the pricing, and the 250g. at S$549 price is same price as a Hubsan H117S with 3 batteries and much cheaper than fimi x8, except only 2.7K video. <250g weight might give less problems when flying drone during oversea tours, plus easier to bring batteries into aircraft. mavic mini is value for money but not every drone capability as matching as the bigger mavic. note that other countries might need drone flying license for >250g (so far we only have drone registration).
Thank you for your feedback. You are right about the quickshot, my drone almost crashed into a tree, fortunately only a few leafs were harmed.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:20 PM   #1182

after saw someone's post here, i bought the new mavic mini flymore from courts at S$549 during black friday.
is yours delivered?
S8027600A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:23 PM   #1183

is yours delivered?
est delivery date given by courts is 03 jan 2020. i passed my spark to my uncle and might need a mavic mini. main concern about mavic mini is the plastic could be fragile with that 250g light weight.

Thank you for your feedback. You are right about the quickshot, my drone almost crashed into a tree, fortunately only a few leafs were harmed.
if you can wait, may be could get a used mavic2 pro at <s$1k when mavic3 announced in future? i guess now people avoiding mavic pro and go for mavic2, either new or used. is like handphone, people prefer latest tech. some might keep upgrading drone to latest best camera.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:48 PM   #1184

est delivery date given by courts is 03 jan 2020. i passed my spark to my uncle and might need a mavic mini. main concern about mavic mini is the plastic could be fragile with that 250g light weight.

if you can wait, may be could get a used mavic2 pro at <s$1k when mavic3 announced in future? i guess now people avoiding mavic pro and go for mavic2, either new or used. is like handphone, people prefer latest tech. some might keep upgrading drone to latest best camera.
Ya, I'll wait it out need to stay strong and abstain for a few months haha. I saw used Mav 2 dropping to 1.2k, so when Mav 3 comes out, hopefully the price reduces more. I've just started playing the Mini, need more time to test it out too.

The weather's been crappy lately, want to head to East Coast Park or some beach area to do more flights.
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM   #1185

Ya, I'll wait it out need to stay strong and abstain for a few months haha. I saw used Mav 2 dropping to 1.2k, so when Mav 3 comes out, hopefully the price reduces more. I've just started playing the Mini, need more time to test it out too.

The weather's been crappy lately, want to head to East Coast Park or some beach area to do more flights.
Weather is good. I went Marina South on Sunday.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.