The Drone Thread

cesc88

Reaction score
Ok collected my Mavic Pro on Saturday and took it out for its maiden flight on Sunday. Went to bedok reservoir as I spotted a nice green patch for me to fly it. Well, we got off to a bad start - Mavic Pro refused to fly as it’s in the no-fly-zone programed in the dji go 4 app! Well no choice; went back to an empty field near my house.

Now to the flight experience. It was awesome! Manoeuvring it around was a breeze. It was easy to control and stable. Admittedly though, it wasn’t a windy day so I can’t tell if it is gonna be that stable on a windy day. Will try it next weekend :s12:

Anyway, any can recommmend more places to fly a drone? Hope to find like minded individual and we can fly together! :s12:

Scarlet Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok collected my Mavic Pro on Saturday and took it out for its maiden flight on Sunday. Went to bedok reservoir as I spotted a nice green patch for me to fly it. Well, we got off to a bad start - Mavic Pro refused to fly as it’s in the no-fly-zone programed in the dji go 4 app! Well no choice; went back to an empty field near my house.

Now to the flight experience. It was awesome! Manoeuvring it around was a breeze. It was easy to control and stable. Admittedly though, it wasn’t a windy day so I can’t tell if it is gonna be that stable on a windy day. Will try it next weekend :s12:

Anyway, any can recommmend more places to fly a drone? Hope to find like minded individual and we can fly together! :s12:

yours bind by NFZ one arh? mine only gives warning. you can try flying at Singapore flyer.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi, I am looking for liked-minded buddy to fly together as well, are you available after work on weekdays?

Mdzanie

Reaction score
Hi,can someone explain to me clearly about the rules and regulations flying drones in SG.Where can I really fly them

Quadcopter

Reaction score
Hi,can someone explain to me clearly about the rules and regulations flying drones in SG.Where can I really fly them

check here:

https://www.caas.gov.sg/public-passengers/unmanned-aircraft-systems

flyitsafe.png

if you are beginner, suggestion of buying a cheap Syma X21W/720p and play shiok shiok at home/indoor first. After that then think of where you are allowed to fly, where you want to fly, and phantom or mavic you want to buy....

important: safety first hor!... :(

;)

Quadcopter

Reaction score
for your info only.... some drones accidents....

taiwan, 3 fingers gone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPhx0j22WzE

new york, dead
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ed-helicopter-slices-throat-article-1.1447068

seattle, jailed 30 days
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...at-pride-parade-sentenced-to-30-days-in-jail/

so, for beginners suggestion of flying a tiny drone inside your own home first, important to understand the safety precautions about drones first.
Then, after you have bought your big phantom/mavic, important to understand the capabilities and limitations of your new big toy, before someone get injured or your expensive drone get crashed into pieces... :(

;)

bentonfraser_4ever

Reaction score
yes! go to skill future websites and search for it. can give it a try. :D

https://courses.skillsfuture.sg/con...riod_To_1:[2017-05-11T00:00:00Z TO *]&q=drone

yours is a aerial photography drone so it is easier for you to access to these courses. mine is FPV racing drone and im stuck with it. no courses and it is super dangerous.

Wah thanks for this link. I doing some freelance wedding photog when I'm not working so maybe I should go for these and get the most out of it :D You got go before?

Quadcopter

Reaction score
I suck at controlling my JJRC H37 Elfie... Can someone pls teach me??

haha, friend,.... don't believe you are suck at controlling your drone, and likely it is bcoz your drone suckz.... it is very difficult to control the drone by handphone, and wifi is not very reliable communication for real time.

go try any of your friends' drones with proper 2-stick remote control and you will understand what i mean. Or go get a Syma X21W (must get the version with 2-stick remote control and 720p video) and try it. Normally Syma also having better video quality that JJRC....

have fun flying!... ;)

:s8:

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested to fly together on weekday after work or weekend, do PM me. Thanks. =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.